Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on January 21, 2016
This is my second set of this luggage. Why did I get two sets if I think it is one-star? Because the first set was great. It fulfilled its purpose and held my stuff when I traveled (only about once a month). However, it appears in 2015 they must have done a redesign. The most recent set I ordered is awful. The feet on the bottom were made to be more narrow and smaller, so no matter how you pack the rollaboard, it will fall-over when left standing on its own. It's very tedious to always have to make sure it is leaned against something while at an airport. On the second bag, the decal also fell off during the first use of the bag. The "Rockland" decal wasn't amazingly pretty or anything, but is just more evidence that they redesigned this luggage to be much lower quality. Buyer beware!

I've included a picture where you can see how the feet of the two rollaboards are different.
review image
66 comments| 792 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 11, 2015
I have yet to use the luggage, but from just from an initial look over it has passed with flying colors. I looked everywhere for a reasonable price, appropriate dimensions and found it with Rockland. Will edit when I use it for a proper review.
REVISED: I've had this luggage set for over a year and used it to go to Alaska and back, go to to various relatives houses and it looks brand new! No holes or missing stitching, zippers still zippin' away... I'm just over the moon on how great this buy was. Best thing is that everyone can tell its mine with the awesome colors and with the Alaska visit the small (International) size saved me from having to check my luggage on the 20 person plane! Only issues I've ever had is, that when the suit case has things inside, it will fall over face first which is no issue for me I just prop it against a person or wall.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
33 comments| 465 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 9, 2015
My daughter is 8 and absolutely LOVED this set.. Perfect size for her.. We went on a week long trip and everything fit!!!
review image
11 comment| 128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 25, 2016
I purchased this suitcase because of a week long trip across the country with VERY different weather than mine, so I had to pack more than t-shirts and shorts. This suitcase is deceiving - it looks smaller than what it actually is and I DID have room to spare. I did use packing cubes because it is helpful to me, but I did manage to get a week's worth of clothing (no access to washing machine) that included 3 t-shirts, 2 leggings, 3 blouses, 3 camisoles, a light sweater, jeans, 2 pairs of shoes (1 was heels, the other was flats), and undergarments. My clothes did not come out all wrinkled or incredibly creased - not more than you would get from folding your clothes and putting them in a drawer. The empty space that is in there contained a makeup bag and the TSA approved baggie of toiletries.

The small carry on was a bit more disappointing - a lot could be stuck in there, but regardless of size or weight of the items, it seemed to pull at the seams in a few different spots. It is completely functional, though. The zipper got stuck a couple of times, but I can't blame the making of the bag for this alone.

Regarding sizing and durability, the suitcase itself does comply and fit into one of those 14" x 22" sizing things at the airport. The smaller bag fits perfectly under the seats. This suitcase went on 7 flights, including 2 that had to be valet checked because of the size of the aircraft and even wound up in the wing of a Cessna at one point. It has a couple of dirt scuffs, but it is in otherwise perfect shape!

One thing to note - if you put something (like sandals) in the front pouch of the larger one, it will topple over. I do wish the base was sturdier, but I can't complain too much with the pricing of it. I've read a couple reviews where it says it smells. Yes, it is a bit smelly out of the box, but it is the smell as if it sat in a box in a warehouse. If you let it air out, the smell goes away.

Definitely a good combo and worth the price!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
0Comment| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 26, 2013
Europe has stricter guidelines about size and weight of carry-on bags than we have in the US, so I bought this bag because of its light weight (6 lbs). I figured that even if the quality was poor and it only lasted this one trip, it would be worth the price in saved checked baggage fees. When it arrived, I was surprised at the quality. It seems well made and I would be surprised if it doesn't last several years. Also, the size is definitely enough if you are a wise packer. I'll be in Europe for 4 weeks (with laundry access)and I have everything I need in these two little bags. I don't know what other reviewers were packing when they said they couldn't fit enough stuff for a weekend in this bag.

I also have to say that I don't notice a bad smell, or any smell at all with this bag. Other reviewers had me worried, but even when I put my nose right into the box to try to pick up this "smell" I didn't notice anything.
33 comments| 525 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 10, 2017
Bought 4 of these altogether. They look good new, and the way they expand makes them very practical. They dont like to stand upright when full - they tend to topple forward. And you can pinch your finger when you collapse the handle if you're not careful. Biggest complaint is that they arent durable.

One broke in transit on only its 2nd or 3rd flight - material tore around the zippers, whole thing opened up - big mess on the baggage carousel. Was it overstuffed? Yeah, but not crazy.

On another, the handle broke after 2 years - it had probably been on 10-15 flights.

On a third, the zipper grip broke, which is a nuisance, but at least the bag is still useable.

The 4th is in rough shape, but its still in use.

For $30, you can do worse, but I'm dissatisfied with their fragility. When I buy a replacement, I'm gonna try something different.
on March 20, 2017
I love this bag! I continuously get compliments on it at work where I use it every day. I love that I can use it at work and also use it to travel with. It is very well made and sturdy. My only complaint is that I could not just get the overnight laptop bag by itself. For the price, though, both bags are absolutely worth it!
on January 9, 2018
So I never used the tiny bag it came with. Didn't really see the need to since I'd rather have that personal bag be my backpack. The luggage itself was cheap and effective. I've traveled out of the country with it, and the times when it seemed like it would burst, and I would chance fate by sending it into check in, it hasn't popped, so that's good. It always tipped forward, no matter now little I packed it, however. The wheels and handle never stuck, and nothing ripped nor did it fail me in some form or fashion.

For the money I spent, I was expecting something that would've been good for like one or two trips tops, but it has held up to even some of the crazier traveling I have done. Also the weight, it's like four or five pounds or so just on its own without anything in it, and when you travel carry on some airlines do check your luggage weight, so that easily adds up. And I know it's small, but I'm always stressed about it not fitting in the cabin for carry on, so that's also why I want a different one eventually.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 17, 2016
I bought one last year for a trip to Europe and I was very satisfied. So when my husband had to go to Florida for two days I came here looking for the luggage. Mine was in brown and pink and my husband wanted something more unnoticeable, don't know why. We got this one and it seemed great. But while checking on the airport the stitching on truer big pocket broke. So we had to return it.
VINE VOICEon November 28, 2015
The larger bag is great and fits really well into overhead bins. If you pack carefully, you can fit quite a bit. The smaller bag stinks. It's almost like a bowling bag, the hooks for the shoulder strap are on the bottom of the bag so it ALWAYS flips upside down. Very frustrating to use.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.