Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18PP_gno

on January 21, 2016
This is my second set of this luggage. Why did I get two sets if I think it is one-star? Because the first set was great. It fulfilled its purpose and held my stuff when I traveled (only about once a month). However, it appears in 2015 they must have done a redesign. The most recent set I ordered is awful. The feet on the bottom were made to be more narrow and smaller, so no matter how you pack the rollaboard, it will fall-over when left standing on its own. It's very tedious to always have to make sure it is leaned against something while at an airport. On the second bag, the decal also fell off during the first use of the bag. The "Rockland" decal wasn't amazingly pretty or anything, but is just more evidence that they redesigned this luggage to be much lower quality. Buyer beware!

I've included a picture where you can see how the feet of the two rollaboards are different.
review image
66 comments| 826 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 25, 2016
I purchased this suitcase because of a week long trip across the country with VERY different weather than mine, so I had to pack more than t-shirts and shorts. This suitcase is deceiving - it looks smaller than what it actually is and I DID have room to spare. I did use packing cubes because it is helpful to me, but I did manage to get a week's worth of clothing (no access to washing machine) that included 3 t-shirts, 2 leggings, 3 blouses, 3 camisoles, a light sweater, jeans, 2 pairs of shoes (1 was heels, the other was flats), and undergarments. My clothes did not come out all wrinkled or incredibly creased - not more than you would get from folding your clothes and putting them in a drawer. The empty space that is in there contained a makeup bag and the TSA approved baggie of toiletries.

The small carry on was a bit more disappointing - a lot could be stuck in there, but regardless of size or weight of the items, it seemed to pull at the seams in a few different spots. It is completely functional, though. The zipper got stuck a couple of times, but I can't blame the making of the bag for this alone.

Regarding sizing and durability, the suitcase itself does comply and fit into one of those 14" x 22" sizing things at the airport. The smaller bag fits perfectly under the seats. This suitcase went on 7 flights, including 2 that had to be valet checked because of the size of the aircraft and even wound up in the wing of a Cessna at one point. It has a couple of dirt scuffs, but it is in otherwise perfect shape!

One thing to note - if you put something (like sandals) in the front pouch of the larger one, it will topple over. I do wish the base was sturdier, but I can't complain too much with the pricing of it. I've read a couple reviews where it says it smells. Yes, it is a bit smelly out of the box, but it is the smell as if it sat in a box in a warehouse. If you let it air out, the smell goes away.

Definitely a good combo and worth the price!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
0Comment| 113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 9, 2015
My daughter is 8 and absolutely LOVED this set.. Perfect size for her.. We went on a week long trip and everything fit!!!
review image
11 comment| 132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 11, 2015
I have yet to use the luggage, but from just from an initial look over it has passed with flying colors. I looked everywhere for a reasonable price, appropriate dimensions and found it with Rockland. Will edit when I use it for a proper review.
REVISED: I've had this luggage set for over a year and used it to go to Alaska and back, go to to various relatives houses and it looks brand new! No holes or missing stitching, zippers still zippin' away... I'm just over the moon on how great this buy was. Best thing is that everyone can tell its mine with the awesome colors and with the Alaska visit the small (International) size saved me from having to check my luggage on the 20 person plane! Only issues I've ever had is, that when the suit case has things inside, it will fall over face first which is no issue for me I just prop it against a person or wall.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
33 comments| 472 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 9, 2017
I fit what is in my pictures into the main bag, have mostly books in the smaller bag - am not done packing that one, still plenty of room. Could probably fit more in the main bag as well, and have more small things to add.

3 dresses, 1 skirt, a ton of panties, 3 pairs of socks, 3 normal bras, 2 sports bras, a light rain jacket, 11 shirts, 1 pair of sneakers, 1 makeup/etc bag, 1 liquids bag.

No quality problems so far, both bags look great... although my sneakers and the black bag in the netting section may cause a strain and tear there but I'd expect that from how I shoved them in there.

I was worried about the size at first but I feel like I fit a lot in there really easily. This is an awesome bag for a really great price.

Also, it comes with two keys to lock the main bag's main zipper.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
0Comment| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 26, 2013
Europe has stricter guidelines about size and weight of carry-on bags than we have in the US, so I bought this bag because of its light weight (6 lbs). I figured that even if the quality was poor and it only lasted this one trip, it would be worth the price in saved checked baggage fees. When it arrived, I was surprised at the quality. It seems well made and I would be surprised if it doesn't last several years. Also, the size is definitely enough if you are a wise packer. I'll be in Europe for 4 weeks (with laundry access)and I have everything I need in these two little bags. I don't know what other reviewers were packing when they said they couldn't fit enough stuff for a weekend in this bag.

I also have to say that I don't notice a bad smell, or any smell at all with this bag. Other reviewers had me worried, but even when I put my nose right into the box to try to pick up this "smell" I didn't notice anything.
33 comments| 531 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 6, 2018
I purchased the owl pattern for my 5 year old and the giraffe pattern for my 11 year old for a trip to grandma's this coming summer. After arrival, I inspected the pieces thoroughly and found them to be well made. The goal is to take only a carry-on and a personal bag each so we don't have to pay extra luggage fees. I did a pre-packing run to make sure how much we could fit inside and I was very happy.... So happy in fact, that I decided to order a set for myself too. I pack by laying out my pants and shirts on top of each other, folding them in half, and rolling them together. I find that I fit far more in my bag that way. Here is what I fit inside the main area for myself without expanding the zipper for the extra 2 inches of room:
2 pairs of jeans
1 pair dress flats
1 pair Nike running shoes
1 swimming suit
1 beach cover-up

In the small outer pockets I packed:
5 pair socks
3 camis
1 slip

In the smaller personal bag, I fit my 11 inch laptop in the large front pocket.

In the main area, I fit the following:
make-up, curling iron, deodorant, toothpaste, electric toothbrush with its charger, phone and charger, travel size wet wipes and Kleenex packets, wallet, keys, snacks and a water bottle.

There is a zippered long narrow pocket on the other side of the personal bag that is the perfect size in which to put your boarding pass. There is also a nice wide strap to loop over the handle of the carry-on so both bags can be pull transported through the airport.

I rolled the bags all around my house on carpet and hardwood to test the wheels. They functioned smoothly. I parked the bag free standing and fully packed. It remained upright. Some reviewers have said their bags tipped over when packed. Maybe it depends on what you have inside and how it is packed.

I fly Delta and the fee for checked bags is $25 each way so a round trip would cost $50. You are allowed one carry-on and a personal item for free. I paid $29 for the owl print set, $35 for the giraffe print set, and $29 for the solid purple set I bought for myself. I know these will last many trips for my girls and I so it was definately worth the pittance of a price for these new luggage sets. I come out $1 cheaper after tax and with my free prime shipping ordering all of these than I would have to check 2 bigger bags. I packed enough clothes for each of us for a week. I actually could fit two weeks worth of clothes for my 5 year old since her things are smaller. We are staying 3 weeks at grandma's house so we do laundrythere. I'd much rather have the pretty new luggage for the price than to pack extra clothes and pay for the bag fee. The way I figure it, even if we buy extra stuff there that won't fit on the way back, it's cheaper to mail it back in a priority mail one rate box than to pay luggage fees. I am very happy with my purchase and think you will be as well.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on April 7, 2017
I purchased this set of luggage for a young lady who loves owls. She is thrilled with it. Both are carry-on size, with the smaller one fitting under the seat in front of you, and the larger suitcase riding in the overhead carry-on bin. While it is not the finest quality luggage that I've ever seen, it is excellent value for the money! Both pieces appear to be reasonably sturdy. I didn't see any obvious flaws with the zippers, webbing, cover material, wheels, or handle. (The handle wobbled a little, but not enough to make me think that it was going to break.) These suitcases should have no problems protecting your belongings on many car trips and cruises. I feel that, with normal airline handling, they would do well on quite a few airplane flights. These are not going to last a lifetime, but, with the current exorbitant cost of luggage, these two cases are a great bargain. After seeing this set, I purchased a second set for a young man who also needed luggage.
Top Contributor: Petson September 20, 2016
I absolutely LOVE my new luggage set!!!! I am 5'10 and found that most luggage barely comes up to the middle of my body, and makes the pulling of the luggage harder to accomplish. My favorite part of this luggage is the adjustable handle that comes VERY high up (See picture vs old luggage). I found that this is so helpful . I also love that the zippers on these expand, and make the entire bag bigger. This really helped on my way back from my vacation, when we were taking several gifts home for family. As a woman, I can tell you I squeezed 3-4 pairs of shoes into the smaller bag that also comes with it. I have found that the bag is sturdy, the zippers are nicely made and the fabric is on point. You can use the smaller attaché case for other things than traveling. Great purchase for the price, and I got the zebra print so you can't miss it at the airport. There was NO doubt that these were my bags!!!!!!! I love it! I would buy this again.
review imagereview image
11 comment| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 25, 2017
I bought this for a five day trip to another state. I was hesitant to buy this because I was planning to carry on my luggage and didn't want to risk having to check my bag. Everyone's sizing here was accurate as the suitcase, filled with 5 days worth of clothes, slid into the sizer with ease. (There was actually about an inch or two of space free)

I managed to fit 6 shirts, 5 pants, 1 hoodie, 5 pairs of socks and underwear, 1 pair of sneakers, a sheet, a pillowcase and 2 towels and my toiletry bag in there with little to no problem. The suitcase closed easily with all the items packed in there.

I only used the personal bag to carry my jacket, book and power bank. So I wasn't using much of the space inside it.

Overall, this is a pretty great suitcase for the price. I did get a few comments on the size and look of it (mostly because my travel companions brought bags that had to be checked and would have preferred to skip that baggage charge).

My only complaint is that the bag, when full, tends to fall over when it's in upright position. I didn't care if it had the four wheels or the two but the stoppers at the bottom were either too short or just placed oddly because the suitcase almost always tipped over when I tried to stand it up on its own.

Still, it was worth what I paid and served its purpose so I have no substantial complaints.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.