Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on January 21, 2016
This is my second set of this luggage. Why did I get two sets if I think it is one-star? Because the first set was great. It fulfilled its purpose and held my stuff when I traveled (only about once a month). However, it appears in 2015 they must have done a redesign. The most recent set I ordered is awful. The feet on the bottom were made to be more narrow and smaller, so no matter how you pack the rollaboard, it will fall-over when left standing on its own. It's very tedious to always have to make sure it is leaned against something while at an airport. On the second bag, the decal also fell off during the first use of the bag. The "Rockland" decal wasn't amazingly pretty or anything, but is just more evidence that they redesigned this luggage to be much lower quality. Buyer beware!

I've included a picture where you can see how the feet of the two rollaboards are different.
review image
880 people found this helpful
|66 comments|Report abuse
on February 6, 2018
I purchased the owl pattern for my 5 year old and the giraffe pattern for my 11 year old for a trip to grandma's this coming summer. After arrival, I inspected the pieces thoroughly and found them to be well made. The goal is to take only a carry-on and a personal bag each so we don't have to pay extra luggage fees. I did a pre-packing run to make sure how much we could fit inside and I was very happy.... So happy in fact, that I decided to order a set for myself too. I pack by laying out my pants and shirts on top of each other, folding them in half, and rolling them together. I find that I fit far more in my bag that way. Here is what I fit inside the main area for myself without expanding the zipper for the extra 2 inches of room:
2 pairs of jeans
1 pair dress flats
1 pair Nike running shoes
1 swimming suit
1 beach cover-up

In the small outer pockets I packed:
5 pair socks
3 camis
1 slip

In the smaller personal bag, I fit my 11 inch laptop in the large front pocket.

In the main area, I fit the following:
make-up, curling iron, deodorant, toothpaste, electric toothbrush with its charger, phone and charger, travel size wet wipes and Kleenex packets, wallet, keys, snacks and a water bottle.

There is a zippered long narrow pocket on the other side of the personal bag that is the perfect size in which to put your boarding pass. There is also a nice wide strap to loop over the handle of the carry-on so both bags can be pull transported through the airport.

I rolled the bags all around my house on carpet and hardwood to test the wheels. They functioned smoothly. I parked the bag free standing and fully packed. It remained upright. Some reviewers have said their bags tipped over when packed. Maybe it depends on what you have inside and how it is packed.

I fly Delta and the fee for checked bags is $25 each way so a round trip would cost $50. You are allowed one carry-on and a personal item for free. I paid $29 for the owl print set, $35 for the giraffe print set, and $29 for the solid purple set I bought for myself. I know these will last many trips for my girls and I so it was definately worth the pittance of a price for these new luggage sets. I come out $1 cheaper after tax and with my free prime shipping ordering all of these than I would have to check 2 bigger bags. I packed enough clothes for each of us for a week. I actually could fit two weeks worth of clothes for my 5 year old since her things are smaller. We are staying 3 weeks at grandma's house so we do laundrythere. I'd much rather have the pretty new luggage for the price than to pack extra clothes and pay for the bag fee. The way I figure it, even if we buy extra stuff there that won't fit on the way back, it's cheaper to mail it back in a priority mail one rate box than to pay luggage fees. I am very happy with my purchase and think you will be as well.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
61 people found this helpful
on August 25, 2016
I purchased this suitcase because of a week long trip across the country with VERY different weather than mine, so I had to pack more than t-shirts and shorts. This suitcase is deceiving - it looks smaller than what it actually is and I DID have room to spare. I did use packing cubes because it is helpful to me, but I did manage to get a week's worth of clothing (no access to washing machine) that included 3 t-shirts, 2 leggings, 3 blouses, 3 camisoles, a light sweater, jeans, 2 pairs of shoes (1 was heels, the other was flats), and undergarments. My clothes did not come out all wrinkled or incredibly creased - not more than you would get from folding your clothes and putting them in a drawer. The empty space that is in there contained a makeup bag and the TSA approved baggie of toiletries.

The small carry on was a bit more disappointing - a lot could be stuck in there, but regardless of size or weight of the items, it seemed to pull at the seams in a few different spots. It is completely functional, though. The zipper got stuck a couple of times, but I can't blame the making of the bag for this alone.

Regarding sizing and durability, the suitcase itself does comply and fit into one of those 14" x 22" sizing things at the airport. The smaller bag fits perfectly under the seats. This suitcase went on 7 flights, including 2 that had to be valet checked because of the size of the aircraft and even wound up in the wing of a Cessna at one point. It has a couple of dirt scuffs, but it is in otherwise perfect shape!

One thing to note - if you put something (like sandals) in the front pouch of the larger one, it will topple over. I do wish the base was sturdier, but I can't complain too much with the pricing of it. I've read a couple reviews where it says it smells. Yes, it is a bit smelly out of the box, but it is the smell as if it sat in a box in a warehouse. If you let it air out, the smell goes away.

Definitely a good combo and worth the price!
131 people found this helpful
on May 11, 2015
I have yet to use the luggage, but from just from an initial look over it has passed with flying colors. I looked everywhere for a reasonable price, appropriate dimensions and found it with Rockland. Will edit when I use it for a proper review.
REVISED: I've had this luggage set for over a year and used it to go to Alaska and back, go to to various relatives houses and it looks brand new! No holes or missing stitching, zippers still zippin' away... I'm just over the moon on how great this buy was. Best thing is that everyone can tell its mine with the awesome colors and with the Alaska visit the small (International) size saved me from having to check my luggage on the 20 person plane! Only issues I've ever had is, that when the suit case has things inside, it will fall over face first which is no issue for me I just prop it against a person or wall.
484 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on June 9, 2015
My daughter is 8 and absolutely LOVED this set.. Perfect size for her.. We went on a week long trip and everything fit!!!
review image
140 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on March 9, 2017
I fit what is in my pictures into the main bag, have mostly books in the smaller bag - am not done packing that one, still plenty of room. Could probably fit more in the main bag as well, and have more small things to add.

3 dresses, 1 skirt, a ton of panties, 3 pairs of socks, 3 normal bras, 2 sports bras, a light rain jacket, 11 shirts, 1 pair of sneakers, 1 makeup/etc bag, 1 liquids bag.

No quality problems so far, both bags look great... although my sneakers and the black bag in the netting section may cause a strain and tear there but I'd expect that from how I shoved them in there.

I was worried about the size at first but I feel like I fit a lot in there really easily. This is an awesome bag for a really great price.

Also, it comes with two keys to lock the main bag's main zipper.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
41 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
For 21 bucks you can't beat that. I took pictures of the measurements and the description is spot on. These pieces can be used on any airplane from domestic to international. I would only use it as a carry on. I'm not sure if these can handle check-in. However, if there's no space on the plane I will update you to let you know how this handled check-in.

The material seems nice it's almost like a canvas feel. The zebra print is nice, but I am customizing it with pictures using Mod Podge transfer medium. Hopefully this will come out the way I expected it to. I will post updated pictures once done within a few days. It comes with very tiny flimsy lock and key.

The Forge TSA pack of 4 locks I purchased from Amazon.com works perfectly in the lock holes on this zebra luggage.

One other thing. The luggage stands fine without clothing in the bag. I will update you on how well this specific luggage stands with clothing in it after I hack the bottom of the bag.
10 people found this helpful
on June 26, 2013
Europe has stricter guidelines about size and weight of carry-on bags than we have in the US, so I bought this bag because of its light weight (6 lbs). I figured that even if the quality was poor and it only lasted this one trip, it would be worth the price in saved checked baggage fees. When it arrived, I was surprised at the quality. It seems well made and I would be surprised if it doesn't last several years. Also, the size is definitely enough if you are a wise packer. I'll be in Europe for 4 weeks (with laundry access)and I have everything I need in these two little bags. I don't know what other reviewers were packing when they said they couldn't fit enough stuff for a weekend in this bag.

I also have to say that I don't notice a bad smell, or any smell at all with this bag. Other reviewers had me worried, but even when I put my nose right into the box to try to pick up this "smell" I didn't notice anything.
543 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on January 10, 2017
Bought 4 of these altogether. They look good new, and the way they expand makes them very practical. They dont like to stand upright when full - they tend to topple forward. And you can pinch your finger when you collapse the handle if you're not careful. Biggest complaint is that they arent durable.

One broke in transit on only its 2nd or 3rd flight - material tore around the zippers, whole thing opened up - big mess on the baggage carousel. Was it overstuffed? Yeah, but not crazy.

On another, the handle broke after 2 years - it had probably been on 10-15 flights.

On a third, the zipper grip broke, which is a nuisance, but at least the bag is still useable.

The 4th is in rough shape, but its still in use.

For $30, you can do worse, but I'm dissatisfied with their fragility. When I buy a replacement, I'm gonna try something different.
10 people found this helpful
on April 7, 2018
Okay I do have to admit, for $32.00 it's a HIT !! I have used this for a few day business trip and it worked out great. I waited to write this review until I did a real vacation test with this little set. We just came back from a 9 day trip to Cancun and I have to say this little carry on did very well, and saved me $25.00 each way for checked luggage. My Family thought I was a little crazy that I was only taking a carry on and not packing a huge suitcase. I will say I did take a laptop backpack instead of the smaller second bag for my netbook, tablet, chargers, travels docs, etc... I was able to pack everything needed for this trip and there were still a few things I didn't even wear that I brought. We always take more than we need and this proved that. I was even able to fit a few items I purchased in this carry on for the trip home. I'm a motorcycle guy so packing less is not an issue and obviously going to a warmer climate not much heavy clothing is needed.
Here is what I took:
7 shirts, 3 tank tops, 2 swim suites, 7 pairs of socks & underwear, 2 pairs of sandals, 1 pair of walking shoes, 3 pairs of cargo shorts, 1 pair of relaxing shorts, 1 light weight sweat pants, 2 baseball caps, and my toiletry bag.
I wore jeans, a short sleeve shirt, and my tennis shoes while traveling. It was a challenge selecting and packing what you think you need, but really wasn't that bad and I did fit a lot in this Rockland luggage. I flew Delta / Aeromexico and no problems with my two pieces as carry on items. I recommend this set and for $32.00 it's already paid for with my checked luggage savings, and will have it for many trips in the future as well. :-)
Dave J

Add on comment: I do see a lot of people saying it tips, and yes when fully packed it will tip over if you take your hands off the handle. But I've had other bags that do this also, it only took me one time to figure out that I need to hold on to it or lean on my other bag and/or a stationary object to keep it from falling over.
6 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.