Spring Deals Automotive HPC Children of Blood and Bone New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on January 21, 2016
This is my second set of this luggage. Why did I get two sets if I think it is one-star? Because the first set was great. It fulfilled its purpose and held my stuff when I traveled (only about once a month). However, it appears in 2015 they must have done a redesign. The most recent set I ordered is awful. The feet on the bottom were made to be more narrow and smaller, so no matter how you pack the rollaboard, it will fall-over when left standing on its own. It's very tedious to always have to make sure it is leaned against something while at an airport. On the second bag, the decal also fell off during the first use of the bag. The "Rockland" decal wasn't amazingly pretty or anything, but is just more evidence that they redesigned this luggage to be much lower quality. Buyer beware!

I've included a picture where you can see how the feet of the two rollaboards are different.
review image
66 comments| 842 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 28, 2015
The luggage stated it was 21". I measured and it is only 18". Small and poorly constructed. The one on the left is a true 20" that I purchased at Target. Highly disappointed, but I guess ya get what ya pay for!
review imagereview image
66 comments| 195 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 6, 2018
I purchased the owl pattern for my 5 year old and the giraffe pattern for my 11 year old for a trip to grandma's this coming summer. After arrival, I inspected the pieces thoroughly and found them to be well made. The goal is to take only a carry-on and a personal bag each so we don't have to pay extra luggage fees. I did a pre-packing run to make sure how much we could fit inside and I was very happy.... So happy in fact, that I decided to order a set for myself too. I pack by laying out my pants and shirts on top of each other, folding them in half, and rolling them together. I find that I fit far more in my bag that way. Here is what I fit inside the main area for myself without expanding the zipper for the extra 2 inches of room:
2 pairs of jeans
1 pair dress flats
1 pair Nike running shoes
1 swimming suit
1 beach cover-up

In the small outer pockets I packed:
5 pair socks
3 camis
1 slip

In the smaller personal bag, I fit my 11 inch laptop in the large front pocket.

In the main area, I fit the following:
make-up, curling iron, deodorant, toothpaste, electric toothbrush with its charger, phone and charger, travel size wet wipes and Kleenex packets, wallet, keys, snacks and a water bottle.

There is a zippered long narrow pocket on the other side of the personal bag that is the perfect size in which to put your boarding pass. There is also a nice wide strap to loop over the handle of the carry-on so both bags can be pull transported through the airport.

I rolled the bags all around my house on carpet and hardwood to test the wheels. They functioned smoothly. I parked the bag free standing and fully packed. It remained upright. Some reviewers have said their bags tipped over when packed. Maybe it depends on what you have inside and how it is packed.

I fly Delta and the fee for checked bags is $25 each way so a round trip would cost $50. You are allowed one carry-on and a personal item for free. I paid $29 for the owl print set, $35 for the giraffe print set, and $29 for the solid purple set I bought for myself. I know these will last many trips for my girls and I so it was definately worth the pittance of a price for these new luggage sets. I come out $1 cheaper after tax and with my free prime shipping ordering all of these than I would have to check 2 bigger bags. I packed enough clothes for each of us for a week. I actually could fit two weeks worth of clothes for my 5 year old since her things are smaller. We are staying 3 weeks at grandma's house so we do laundrythere. I'd much rather have the pretty new luggage for the price than to pack extra clothes and pay for the bag fee. The way I figure it, even if we buy extra stuff there that won't fit on the way back, it's cheaper to mail it back in a priority mail one rate box than to pay luggage fees. I am very happy with my purchase and think you will be as well.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on September 30, 2017
Pretty good set for the price. However I noticed a rip on the inside of mine. But I'm using it for my stay at the hospital and I don't have time to deal with returning and finding a new one before my induction.

It should also be mentioned that this IS CHILD SIZED. Which sucks, because I'm a little over 6ft so the handle and actually using it as a rolling bag isn't going to happen for me. I do have a three year old daughter so I'll just declare it as hers once I'm done with it for my labor stay.

It's big enough for the three to four days I'll be in the hospital and the smaller bag is a good size for all of the toiletries needed when giving birth and having everything you need in there. It did come with a little lock and key, but it's cheaply cheaply made, like the ones that come on girls journals have more power than these so I am personally throwing it out because it's just a choking hazard if a pet or child comes across it. The small keys are flexible and feel like they could snap and become smaller pieces at any minute.

All in all for what I need it for not bad for the price- but if you're an adult over probably 5'2" I would say it's not meant for you- it's definitely for a child.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 12, 2012
This luggage set had a terrible odor when I opened the box. After a few days of airing out it was still unacceptable. After further review of this product I discovered a sticker on the tag that states: "California Proposition 65 Warning: This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause CANCER or BIRTH DEFECTS or other REPRODUCTIVE HARM."
I am so angry that this was not disclosed to me before I purchased this item. I am angry that this was imposed on me and my family. I am a cancer survivor of 4 years and cancer is no joke and not to be taken lightly. I should have had a choice. This is going back!
88 comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Gave it 4 stars given its price at $32. We got it for our 7yr old daughter for our upcoming trip and she really likes it. Well the design and color at least. The ONLY part of this suitcase I am not thrilled about is the retractable handle. The release button feels cheap and is a little TOO easy to press especially when gripping the handle compared to our other cases (American Tourister, Mia Toro, Samsonite, TravelersChoice). The locking mechanism to choose different heights, mainly mid extension is not as solid like the American Tourister suitcases even though they both seem to be almost identical maybe even made by the same maker. Bottom line, it feels like a cheap handle. The rest of the bag is fairly nice. Wheels are smooth. Exterior material is very similar to a school backpack like Jansport. Zippers and the pull tabs seem to be pretty good. Stitching is good. The included bag is a nice addition. Was delivered in two days, four days sooner than Amazon’s expected delivery date. If you are willing to spend $20 more or around $50, you will find much better suitcases if you shop at places like TJ Maxx.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 11, 2015
I have yet to use the luggage, but from just from an initial look over it has passed with flying colors. I looked everywhere for a reasonable price, appropriate dimensions and found it with Rockland. Will edit when I use it for a proper review.
REVISED: I've had this luggage set for over a year and used it to go to Alaska and back, go to to various relatives houses and it looks brand new! No holes or missing stitching, zippers still zippin' away... I'm just over the moon on how great this buy was. Best thing is that everyone can tell its mine with the awesome colors and with the Alaska visit the small (International) size saved me from having to check my luggage on the 20 person plane! Only issues I've ever had is, that when the suit case has things inside, it will fall over face first which is no issue for me I just prop it against a person or wall.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
33 comments| 475 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 21, 2016
Great luggage set for my little man, perfect for a week long trip to Disney! No issues with quality or size, carry on size but roomy enough for a kid to pack for a week!
review image
22 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 28, 2017
Just broke into these two with a 30 hour business trip to and from the place (traveled from Central America to South Africa) and worked just great. I was able to fit in the smaller bag my laptop, which is larger not really set for travel, without issues and had plenty of space for personal items. On the larger bag I packed a week worth of clothes for 3 day's work and 3 off and still has space for souvenirs! The only thing to note is that once fully filled the larger bag did not stand still but is a minor nuance compared to all other advantages they had on this travel. I'm very pleased with this purchase besides I was the talk of several travelers in the waiting room, they just loved the owls.
review imagereview image
on August 25, 2016
I purchased this suitcase because of a week long trip across the country with VERY different weather than mine, so I had to pack more than t-shirts and shorts. This suitcase is deceiving - it looks smaller than what it actually is and I DID have room to spare. I did use packing cubes because it is helpful to me, but I did manage to get a week's worth of clothing (no access to washing machine) that included 3 t-shirts, 2 leggings, 3 blouses, 3 camisoles, a light sweater, jeans, 2 pairs of shoes (1 was heels, the other was flats), and undergarments. My clothes did not come out all wrinkled or incredibly creased - not more than you would get from folding your clothes and putting them in a drawer. The empty space that is in there contained a makeup bag and the TSA approved baggie of toiletries.

The small carry on was a bit more disappointing - a lot could be stuck in there, but regardless of size or weight of the items, it seemed to pull at the seams in a few different spots. It is completely functional, though. The zipper got stuck a couple of times, but I can't blame the making of the bag for this alone.

Regarding sizing and durability, the suitcase itself does comply and fit into one of those 14" x 22" sizing things at the airport. The smaller bag fits perfectly under the seats. This suitcase went on 7 flights, including 2 that had to be valet checked because of the size of the aircraft and even wound up in the wing of a Cessna at one point. It has a couple of dirt scuffs, but it is in otherwise perfect shape!

One thing to note - if you put something (like sandals) in the front pouch of the larger one, it will topple over. I do wish the base was sturdier, but I can't complain too much with the pricing of it. I've read a couple reviews where it says it smells. Yes, it is a bit smelly out of the box, but it is the smell as if it sat in a box in a warehouse. If you let it air out, the smell goes away.

Definitely a good combo and worth the price!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
0Comment| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.