Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rockland 2 Piece Luggage Set
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

on June 26, 2013
Europe has stricter guidelines about size and weight of carry-on bags than we have in the US, so I bought this bag because of its light weight (6 lbs). I figured that even if the quality was poor and it only lasted this one trip, it would be worth the price in saved checked baggage fees. When it arrived, I was surprised at the quality. It seems well made and I would be surprised if it doesn't last several years. Also, the size is definitely enough if you are a wise packer. I'll be in Europe for 4 weeks (with laundry access)and I have everything I need in these two little bags. I don't know what other reviewers were packing when they said they couldn't fit enough stuff for a weekend in this bag.

I also have to say that I don't notice a bad smell, or any smell at all with this bag. Other reviewers had me worried, but even when I put my nose right into the box to try to pick up this "smell" I didn't notice anything.
33 comments| 370 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 11, 2015
I have yet to use the luggage, but from just from an initial look over it has passed with flying colors. I looked everywhere for a reasonable price, appropriate dimensions and found it with Rockland. Will edit when I use it for a proper review.
review image review image review image review image
33 comments| 271 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2016
This is my second set of this luggage. Why did I get two sets if I think it is one-star? Because the first set was great. It fulfilled its purpose and held my stuff when I traveled (only about once a month). However, it appears in 2015 they must have done a redesign. The most recent set I ordered is awful. The feet on the bottom were made to be more narrow and smaller, so no matter how you pack the rollaboard, it will fall-over when left standing on its own. It's very tedious to always have to make sure it is leaned against something while at an airport. On the second bag, the decal also fell off during the first use of the bag. The "Rockland" decal wasn't amazingly pretty or anything, but is just more evidence that they redesigned this luggage to be much lower quality. Buyer beware!

I've included a picture where you can see how the feet of the two rollaboards are different.
review image
0Comment| 150 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2011
This luggage has already paid for itself. I take it on every trip and I take the computer bag around town at times. Seller was very communicative. I needed by a certain day before leaving for a trip for my 30th birthday. Sent them an email about it, they shipped it that day. Made sure it would get to me in time and wished me a happy birthday. :) love this luggage cute and easy to pick out if you have to check it. I have never had to check it except for puddle jumper planes to small islands. Fits in overhead and carrys on. Only gripe is the computer bag only has one zipper, meaning you have to open it all the way to get in it. There aren't two zippers that can meet in the middle. Great product.
44 comments| 295 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 29, 2012
This luggage is perfect for the infrequent flyer for sure. It fit in the overhead rack perfectly and the smaller bag fit under the seat in front of you with room to spare. Held enough clothing for a 5 day casual trip and was easy moving through a crowded airport. Great value for the money.
11 comment| 127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2013
the luggage is a little small looking but it fits a ton of stuff. I ordered it yesterday afternoon and got it this morning! I bought it for my trip in the summer and I just tested it and it could fit a weeks worth of outfits and 2 pairs of size 11 shoes! Can't wait to use it.
0Comment| 160 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 3, 2011
Bought it for traveling to Europe as carry on luggage. They look cute, the size of the carry on is according to airlines standards. The hand bag is perfect to fit in my netbook, scarf, phone and more. Good buy. One star less for the carry on not being spinner and tending to bend over when too full.
33 comments| 196 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 6, 2015
It fell apart within 2 weeks it's really not worth the money that i paid
review image review image review image review image
11 comment| 201 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This 2-piece luggage set is an affordable option for someone who doesn't want to spend a lot of money on luggage. I purchased this for my daughter's cross country trip. She ended up not being able to use the smaller piece as her laptop didn't fit in it, so she used something else instead. She was a little bummed as she really like the owl pattern and wanted to be able to use both pieces.

The larger piece is roughly 21" tall, 12 3/4" wide, and 9" deep (without using the expansion option), so it meets the current carry-on luggage requirements. Fitting a week's worth of clothes (without access to laundry facilities) was extremely tight, but we managed to do it. It has two nice size front pockets on the outside and a mesh zippered pocket on the inside. It has the typical option to expand the depth by unzipping one section of the suitcase. It comes with a diary style lock, but it's not a TSA approved lock. It has a pocket on the back to insert your information.

The smaller piece is roughly 11" tall, 14" wide, and 5 deep (not including the front pocket). It has a loop on the back so you can put it over the telescoping handle of the large piece of luggage. It has both a front pocket and back pocket. As I said before, my daughter's 15" laptop didn't fit in the bag, so she didn't use this piece.

The larger piece held up really well for her trip and shows very little wear. The zippers held up to the suitcase being stuffed a little fuller than it should have been. They still zip smoothly and freely. Overall, my daughter is quite pleased with her new luggage and looks forward to using it for many more trips.
on July 4, 2015
Hi I have just purchased this suitcase . The product dimension as advertised is supposed to be 8.5 x 21X 14 inches . But when it arrived, it's smaller than advertised . I have attached the actual dimension . I am very disappointed .
review image