BCA Month Salon Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

on January 21, 2016
This is my second set of this luggage. Why did I get two sets if I think it is one-star? Because the first set was great. It fulfilled its purpose and held my stuff when I traveled (only about once a month). However, it appears in 2015 they must have done a redesign. The most recent set I ordered is awful. The feet on the bottom were made to be more narrow and smaller, so no matter how you pack the rollaboard, it will fall-over when left standing on its own. It's very tedious to always have to make sure it is leaned against something while at an airport. On the second bag, the decal also fell off during the first use of the bag. The "Rockland" decal wasn't amazingly pretty or anything, but is just more evidence that they redesigned this luggage to be much lower quality. Buyer beware!

I've included a picture where you can see how the feet of the two rollaboards are different.
review image
66 comments| 710 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 11, 2015
I have yet to use the luggage, but from just from an initial look over it has passed with flying colors. I looked everywhere for a reasonable price, appropriate dimensions and found it with Rockland. Will edit when I use it for a proper review.
REVISED: I've had this luggage set for over a year and used it to go to Alaska and back, go to to various relatives houses and it looks brand new! No holes or missing stitching, zippers still zippin' away... I'm just over the moon on how great this buy was. Best thing is that everyone can tell its mine with the awesome colors and with the Alaska visit the small (International) size saved me from having to check my luggage on the 20 person plane! Only issues I've ever had is, that when the suit case has things inside, it will fall over face first which is no issue for me I just prop it against a person or wall.
review image review image review image review image
33 comments| 437 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 9, 2015
My daughter is 8 and absolutely LOVED this set.. Perfect size for her.. We went on a week long trip and everything fit!!!
review image
0Comment| 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 25, 2016
I purchased this suitcase because of a week long trip across the country with VERY different weather than mine, so I had to pack more than t-shirts and shorts. This suitcase is deceiving - it looks smaller than what it actually is and I DID have room to spare. I did use packing cubes because it is helpful to me, but I did manage to get a week's worth of clothing (no access to washing machine) that included 3 t-shirts, 2 leggings, 3 blouses, 3 camisoles, a light sweater, jeans, 2 pairs of shoes (1 was heels, the other was flats), and undergarments. My clothes did not come out all wrinkled or incredibly creased - not more than you would get from folding your clothes and putting them in a drawer. The empty space that is in there contained a makeup bag and the TSA approved baggie of toiletries.

The small carry on was a bit more disappointing - a lot could be stuck in there, but regardless of size or weight of the items, it seemed to pull at the seams in a few different spots. It is completely functional, though. The zipper got stuck a couple of times, but I can't blame the making of the bag for this alone.

Regarding sizing and durability, the suitcase itself does comply and fit into one of those 14" x 22" sizing things at the airport. The smaller bag fits perfectly under the seats. This suitcase went on 7 flights, including 2 that had to be valet checked because of the size of the aircraft and even wound up in the wing of a Cessna at one point. It has a couple of dirt scuffs, but it is in otherwise perfect shape!

One thing to note - if you put something (like sandals) in the front pouch of the larger one, it will topple over. I do wish the base was sturdier, but I can't complain too much with the pricing of it. I've read a couple reviews where it says it smells. Yes, it is a bit smelly out of the box, but it is the smell as if it sat in a box in a warehouse. If you let it air out, the smell goes away.

Definitely a good combo and worth the price!
review image review image review image review image
on June 26, 2013
Europe has stricter guidelines about size and weight of carry-on bags than we have in the US, so I bought this bag because of its light weight (6 lbs). I figured that even if the quality was poor and it only lasted this one trip, it would be worth the price in saved checked baggage fees. When it arrived, I was surprised at the quality. It seems well made and I would be surprised if it doesn't last several years. Also, the size is definitely enough if you are a wise packer. I'll be in Europe for 4 weeks (with laundry access)and I have everything I need in these two little bags. I don't know what other reviewers were packing when they said they couldn't fit enough stuff for a weekend in this bag.

I also have to say that I don't notice a bad smell, or any smell at all with this bag. Other reviewers had me worried, but even when I put my nose right into the box to try to pick up this "smell" I didn't notice anything.
33 comments| 512 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 30, 2017
Pretty good set for the price. However I noticed a rip on the inside of mine. But I'm using it for my stay at the hospital and I don't have time to deal with returning and finding a new one before my induction.

It should also be mentioned that this IS CHILD SIZED. Which sucks, because I'm a little over 6ft so the handle and actually using it as a rolling bag isn't going to happen for me. I do have a three year old daughter so I'll just declare it as hers once I'm done with it for my labor stay.

It's big enough for the three to four days I'll be in the hospital and the smaller bag is a good size for all of the toiletries needed when giving birth and having everything you need in there. It did come with a little lock and key, but it's cheaply cheaply made, like the ones that come on girls journals have more power than these so I am personally throwing it out because it's just a choking hazard if a pet or child comes across it. The small keys are flexible and feel like they could snap and become smaller pieces at any minute.

All in all for what I need it for not bad for the price- but if you're an adult over probably 5'2" I would say it's not meant for you- it's definitely for a child.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 22, 2015
We haven't actually used this product yet but I did overlook it, go through it and make sure that my short 3 year old could pull it without it dragging.

That all being said, I'm an organizer and loved the amount and size of the pockets. The inside of the larger bag has the expected mesh lining with zipper pocket on the inside of the lid and it also has the straps that you use to tie down the contents of your bag.

The smaller one opens kind of funny. The zipper doesn't open all the way so you can pull back the opening and full expose the inside of the bag. Other wise the bag is fine and will work well to carry toys or blankets or something smaller.

Okay the important part (at least to me), could my tiny child pull the large suitcase? My 3 year old daughter is a little over 3 feet tall and weighs about 32 lbs or so. I handed it over to her and she had no problem pulling it across our carpeted living room. I have not tried filling it and seeing if she's strong enough to really do it. My main concern was that the pop out handle wasn't too long (tall) for her.

A couple things on the suitcase that I wasn't expecting. It does come with tiny locks and a key if that's something that concerns you. The feature that most surprised me that was it has that zipper that you unzip all the way around to expand the size of the bag by a couple inches. Perfect for a growing child.
on January 28, 2017
Only just received so time will tell on quality, but I like the looks of this set and the size appears to be just what I need. I hope to be a frugal packer and be able to get a week's worth of clothes into the two bags and avoid checking an luggage. Others commented on the problem of the bag falling over when packed but looks like that can be avoided by reversing the position of the smaller bag and hanging it from the back side of the larger bag's handle. I look forward to using it!
on June 17, 2016
This leopard and pink luggage is good. When I received it, it did have strong chemical smell to it like other mentioned so ibsat it outside in the sun for 2-3 days and that helped with the smell! I was able to fit 3 of the compression organizing bags in here, the small, medium and large one. This was able to to hold all of my clothes for my month long stay! I was able to fit 3 pairs of flip-flops and the rest had to go in a separate bag. The expansive part on the front of the bag really came in handy when trying to close the bag, but do not over stuff the bag because then the zipper won't close properly! The small bag came in handy with my hair products and last minute items. I would recommend this bag, but I did find a bag a little bigger than this one and looked like it was made better! But I would still recommend this product, just remember you get what you pay for!
on March 14, 2017
I've had this luggage set for a couple of years now. Used it maybe about 3 times before it completely became useless. The 1st time, the outer zipper got stuck and haven't been able to use it (Strike 1). About 8 months later i traveled for the second time (Zipper still stuck), and on the way back home, the extending handle got stuck and will not release (Strike 2). I traveled home about a month ago and used this bag (Keep in mind the outer zipper is still stuck and the handle doesn't extend anymore) and on the way through the airport one of the wheels completely came off rendering it completely useless! I had to carry my luggage through the rest of the airport and on the way back home. Would not recommend.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.