Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 21, 2016
This is my second set of this luggage. Why did I get two sets if I think it is one-star? Because the first set was great. It fulfilled its purpose and held my stuff when I traveled (only about once a month). However, it appears in 2015 they must have done a redesign. The most recent set I ordered is awful. The feet on the bottom were made to be more narrow and smaller, so no matter how you pack the rollaboard, it will fall-over when left standing on its own. It's very tedious to always have to make sure it is leaned against something while at an airport. On the second bag, the decal also fell off during the first use of the bag. The "Rockland" decal wasn't amazingly pretty or anything, but is just more evidence that they redesigned this luggage to be much lower quality. Buyer beware!

I've included a picture where you can see how the feet of the two rollaboards are different.
review image
66 comments| 768 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 9, 2015
My daughter is 8 and absolutely LOVED this set.. Perfect size for her.. We went on a week long trip and everything fit!!!
review image
11 comment| 122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 11, 2015
I have yet to use the luggage, but from just from an initial look over it has passed with flying colors. I looked everywhere for a reasonable price, appropriate dimensions and found it with Rockland. Will edit when I use it for a proper review.
REVISED: I've had this luggage set for over a year and used it to go to Alaska and back, go to to various relatives houses and it looks brand new! No holes or missing stitching, zippers still zippin' away... I'm just over the moon on how great this buy was. Best thing is that everyone can tell its mine with the awesome colors and with the Alaska visit the small (International) size saved me from having to check my luggage on the 20 person plane! Only issues I've ever had is, that when the suit case has things inside, it will fall over face first which is no issue for me I just prop it against a person or wall.
review image review image review image review image
33 comments| 453 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 25, 2016
I purchased this suitcase because of a week long trip across the country with VERY different weather than mine, so I had to pack more than t-shirts and shorts. This suitcase is deceiving - it looks smaller than what it actually is and I DID have room to spare. I did use packing cubes because it is helpful to me, but I did manage to get a week's worth of clothing (no access to washing machine) that included 3 t-shirts, 2 leggings, 3 blouses, 3 camisoles, a light sweater, jeans, 2 pairs of shoes (1 was heels, the other was flats), and undergarments. My clothes did not come out all wrinkled or incredibly creased - not more than you would get from folding your clothes and putting them in a drawer. The empty space that is in there contained a makeup bag and the TSA approved baggie of toiletries.

The small carry on was a bit more disappointing - a lot could be stuck in there, but regardless of size or weight of the items, it seemed to pull at the seams in a few different spots. It is completely functional, though. The zipper got stuck a couple of times, but I can't blame the making of the bag for this alone.

Regarding sizing and durability, the suitcase itself does comply and fit into one of those 14" x 22" sizing things at the airport. The smaller bag fits perfectly under the seats. This suitcase went on 7 flights, including 2 that had to be valet checked because of the size of the aircraft and even wound up in the wing of a Cessna at one point. It has a couple of dirt scuffs, but it is in otherwise perfect shape!

One thing to note - if you put something (like sandals) in the front pouch of the larger one, it will topple over. I do wish the base was sturdier, but I can't complain too much with the pricing of it. I've read a couple reviews where it says it smells. Yes, it is a bit smelly out of the box, but it is the smell as if it sat in a box in a warehouse. If you let it air out, the smell goes away.

Definitely a good combo and worth the price!
review image review image review image review image
0Comment| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 26, 2013
Europe has stricter guidelines about size and weight of carry-on bags than we have in the US, so I bought this bag because of its light weight (6 lbs). I figured that even if the quality was poor and it only lasted this one trip, it would be worth the price in saved checked baggage fees. When it arrived, I was surprised at the quality. It seems well made and I would be surprised if it doesn't last several years. Also, the size is definitely enough if you are a wise packer. I'll be in Europe for 4 weeks (with laundry access)and I have everything I need in these two little bags. I don't know what other reviewers were packing when they said they couldn't fit enough stuff for a weekend in this bag.

I also have to say that I don't notice a bad smell, or any smell at all with this bag. Other reviewers had me worried, but even when I put my nose right into the box to try to pick up this "smell" I didn't notice anything.
33 comments| 522 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 20, 2017
I love this bag! I continuously get compliments on it at work where I use it every day. I love that I can use it at work and also use it to travel with. It is very well made and sturdy. My only complaint is that I could not just get the overnight laptop bag by itself. For the price, though, both bags are absolutely worth it!
on August 26, 2016
I took a chance on these bags despite the very mixed reviews I saw and I must say I'm glad I did. This bag is snall enough to wualify as a carryon bag and does fit in ivwrhead compartments. I prefer to not check luggage as I have had luggage lost previously (Not fun) I had a week long trip and my old luggage was just too old and bulky. This suitcase is perfect size for travel if you are not too heavy of a packer & are strategic about it. I was able to fit 5 t-shirts doing the Ranger roll technique as well as 3 pairs of cargo shorts, 1 pair of blue jeans and a pair of gym shoes and sandals.. I had no problem with the quality of the zippers or of the bag itself I feel if you take care of it and treated like its not a $1,000 bag that it will be just fine; functionality of the handle is nice and worked as it should, only took one star away because of the fact that once so much weight is in the bag it will not stand on its own. Must be propped against something but big deal I turn it around and rest against my leg.. the second added bag is a nice bonus I can put all of my toiletries and a book to read in there as well as some snacks to put under the seat in front of me.
I must say that for $40 you can not go wrong.. I went shopping the previous week at a few stores and Samsonite bags are just too expensive for my price point I found a few nice rollers 50% off they were still 299 I'm not paying that much when I only travel on the plane once a year for vaca. If you're a person who travels weekly for business then I could see spending more for something with a hard shell or higher quality, for the casual travelers such a as myself as long as you take care of it it will last a just fine and is perfect to bring as a carry on and fits ample clothes if packed strategically.
on June 19, 2016
The suitcase is smaller than what the standard size for carry ons used to be. It worked out well when I bought this. We do travel a lot and we do like to bring a carry on onto the plane with us. I have never had a problem with it not fitting on the plane. With other carry ons, I can say I have had issues with it being to big to be put on the plane. It is not small enough to bring with you on the smaller planes, where all carry ons are checked. I have never used the small bag. It is just a standard small bag. It just seems like a cosmetic bag.
on October 4, 2016
Purchased this for my wife for a weekend trip. It was spacious enough to get a weekends worth of stuff packed and held up to the rigors of two flights well. The colors and dimensions match up with the product listing well. After looking at several local stores for other options everything was considerably more costly.

The roller bag did want to tip forward when standing up on the first trip, but I packed it differently for the return trip and did not have this problem again.
on December 10, 2016
the pictures are deceiveing really, i measured and it is not even 20.5 with the wheels (that anyway it is useless) rather 18, then by width it is closer to 11.5 and the only one that matched is the depth to 8.5. but that is only the first thing. The quality overall is terrible, the thickness of the material of the handle bar is barely enough to keep it from breaking in the first roll. Yes they are really inexpensive but the ratio: money:quality i think is the worst I have seen.
why one star. I am keeping one for my kids to play in the house around with their toys and pretend they are traveling, the colors are nice, the handbag is OK

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.