Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 489 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 518 reviews
on August 4, 2016
Bought this set for a trip to Hawaii and I was a little worried to see how it would hold up since reading some reviews of this set.

Pros:
-Package came quickly and was well packaged so there was no initial damage.
-Design pattern does not look cheap
-Wheels spin freely so they work well when dragging behind
-Large and plenty of space in each bag

Cons:
-Only one thing that could be improved on this set is the handles. They feel a little flimsy but still work flawlessly.

Overall:
-A great set for the money that will last for many trips.
on January 17, 2017
I purchased these in preparation for a weeklong international trip. I was slightly alarmed when I first opened them and felt the material. It was much lighter than my previous suitcase set, so I was worried about what might happen if these were to be tossed around, or if they would burst open if I even packed them to capacity. My other big reservation was that the plastic handle and handle release buttons felt slightly flimsy. But this set proved me wrong, and I am very grateful for it!
I used all four on my trip (well, my husband used the medium case.. I don't pack quite that heavy). I packed the largest case to 42 pounds, and the carry-on roller to 16 pounds (almost capacity for each). They are certainly front heavy as the suitcase frame is very light, so there is almost no counterweight. The positive side to the light frame however is that the majority of your suitcase weight is actually luggage and not the suitcase itself. I only had the largest case fall over once from the imbalance, and it was on an already slippery floor, so the weight is not a large issue for me. The wheels are also very sturdy looking and didn't seem to mind being dragged through several large airports and parking lots.
I would also like to say that I adore the smallest bag. I used it as my second carry-on instead of my purse and I was so very happy with it. It has a tab that slides easily over the handle of the rolling carry on so that your carry-ons are secure when you're trekking around an airport or a parking lot. I can't speak for the long-term lifespan of these bags as I haven't had them very long, but I would like to think that as long as you don't blatantly abuse them they should last a decent span of time.
I am extremely happy with this luggage set. The style, the durability, size, and the price all meet my expectations.
on May 24, 2012
So I ordered this luggage set after going through countless other reviews and thought that this set was both cute and of good quality. I was right about it being cute, but it is not of good quality. As mentioned in other reviews, this product comes with badly sewn seams, some holes, and some cheap material. I doubt that they will last me too long, so I hope the 5-year warranty will actually hold. It's a good set if you want something cute, but I do not expect it to be in good condition for long.
review image review image review image
11 comment| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 3, 2013
I wanted luggage that would stand out among all the boring, black & navy bags one sees at the airport baggage claims. And this does! Got compliments from someone who's husband picked up the wrong bag for her as hers looked like everyone elses! Although it's not made as sturdy as I would've liked, one gets what they pay for.
My main complaints is: wheels aren't sturdy enough and if you really have some weight to it, the bags won't stand up on their own either. They tip forward so one always has to hang on to them. The back side, or the side that the handle goes thru is very flimsy. Just the material, nothing solid. Which I fixed with cutting some cardboard and inserting between the handle and the outside material.
All in all, I'm happy with purchase. As I said, price was right and with the luggage being tossed, dropped and who knows what else, I wasn't going to spend a fortune on something that might get tore up the first time out!
on March 19, 2017
This is the second 4 Piece Luggage Set I purchased. I loved the unique design that made picking up my bags at baggage claim a quick and easy process. Unfortunately, I ran into a couple problems with both sets. First, the pull out handle of the largest suitcase failed the first time it was used (first leg of a roundtrip), making it unusable because it was too heavy to push around without that.

I ordered the second set with a different design, and luckily the pull out handle did not fail; however, the zipper of the inside netted area failed. I went to the old suitcase (with the non-functioning pull out handle) to see if I could take the zipper off of that suitcase and put it on the new suitcase. That's when I noticed that that zipper had also failed and the actual zipper was nowhere to be found.

I would still recommend this set because the only issues have been with the largest suitcase of both sets. I rarely use such a large suitcase, but the defect(s) appear right away (first or second use). The other pieces have been used frequently with no issues.
on August 1, 2013
Our luggage arrived yesterday and they seem pretty decent for what they are. They are lined, they have pockets (one big mesh one on the inside), the zippers glide easily, the wheels glide, they expand a bit, handles go in and out, they're not too heavy, and they're actually pretty cute. Nothing fancy, but they seem relatively sturdy and for the price, it can't be beat! We tend to be road-trippers, so we didn't feel the need to buy luggage for triple the cost to be sure it could handle rough baggage claim, etc - though I have a very similar quality suitcase from another maker that has held up for almost ten years and survived five plane trips, so I assume these will be similar. We are about to embark on a 4,000-mile road trip next week and I'll be sure to update how they handled the trip!

That being said - these STINK. And not "they've probably been in a warehouse and smell a little musty", but knock-your-socks-off-heavy-chemical stink. The plastic linings or something must contain VOC chemicals, because the scent is enough to give you a headache - and it has. Looking at reviews, it seems the most complaint on smell seems to come from the design we got "Blackcross" (of course, wish I had noticed that before picking!) - so other patterns might be worth checking out instead! I opened them all up to air out a bit upon arrival, and within a few hours, our entire downstairs smelled heavily of them. So bad, we actually went to the store to get some Fabreeze to see if it wouldn't help out. They stayed open overnight (so now it's been about 24 hours) but they still stink just as strongly... so I have now have a raging headache and a home that smells of a horrible VOC-Fabreeze combo (oops, lol).

They are now sitting outdoors in the sun to hopefully better air out. I wanted to pack early but fear my clothes will reak of it if I do. Otherwise, great luggage - so here's hoping that smell goes away within a few days!
on May 8, 2017
Love these. Opened the box, checked them out and put them back in the box. Will be using them in a few months for Disney World.
Will update with any issues after using them. Opened them all up, zipped and unzipped all. Checked them out, rolled them. They are beautiful.

Little issue with the shipping, but it got resolved.
on September 1, 2015
I've been shopping around for a replacement for my old Pierre Cardin set that's lasted over 10-years for awhile now; our last run-in with baggage claim accelerated the timeline. 5-stars for the pattern - fun and easy to spot in a line-up or on the carousel and 5-stars for Amazon customer service, but the high rating ends there. Our first set arrive damaged and had obviously been a return (the original RMA was still in the largest suitcase), so a quick call to Amazon customer service and a new set arrived promptly. The new set, while undamaged, shows poor quality workmanship. Seams are uneven and threads are loose. Zippers are smooth but don't align with each other. The wheel casing appeared to have been melted, but since we had a trip coming up, this was our 2nd set, and it didn't impact functionality, we opted to ignore it. Pricing was better than other bog-box stores, but we will be looking for a different brand the next time around.
on November 3, 2016
Loved this luggage! Bought a few sets and they held up perfectly for a family of 5 on an international trip with a few plane changes. The patterns are classy and distinct - we could pick out our luggage the minute it popped onto the conveyor belt. They are good sizes, the smallest rolly bag CAN be used on most airlines as a carry on. The dimensions on it list it is about 1 or 2 inches too big so I was a little worried I'd have to check it, but it fit perfectly in the overhead bin and not a single flight questioned my use of it as a carry on.
on January 6, 2016
Bought this for my travels and have not been unhappy since! Sure they might not stand up like the heavy duty more expensive luggage that is being sold today .... But, I have had this luggage for years and I do not have to worry that if (and we all know it will happen) the luggage is damaged at the airport. It will not cost me an arm and a leg to get a replacement -- not something you can say for the overly priced 'other' luggage out there.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.