Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 492 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 519 reviews
on August 2, 2016
I have only used the 29" and the 22" pieces one time each, on different trips, and both are very hard to roll upon returning home. I contacted the seller and they asked for the proof of purchase and a picture of the defective part. I furnished the requested items and receive a email that said for me to oil the rollers, which are plastic, and if I was still unhappy I could return them but there is a $40 charge per piece to do so. If I returned 2 defective cases the $80 would be over half of what I paid for the set. It states they have a 3 year warranty but fails to mention anything about a charge to us it.
on September 15, 2011
I recently purchased this luggage set after researching several different brands. I loved the set as soon as I received it, but wondered how it would hold up while being shuffled from airport to airport. I'm happy to say it survived it's first flight without a scratch. The material is very sturdy and held up extremely well. The only complaint I had was the black marks left on it from the conveyor belts. However, I was able to wipe those off using a damp cloth and some spray cleaner. I would definitely recommend this luggage set. It was very affordable and includes four actual suitcases instead of the normal useless duffle and travel bags.
11 comment| 268 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 2, 2012
I purchased this set a few months (around March/April 2012) back for a trip to Disney, both a 6 day cruise and a jaunt at the park in Florida. When I received the luggage, I was very impressed. It felt nice, looked very nice and all the things that moved and opened did so with ease and fluid motion. I did; however, notice a very strong VOC odor in the suitcases.

I did see that all the other reviews regarding the listing of 1200d Nylon vs 1680d Nylon (I think those are the numbers) were correct. The listing STILL shows the incorrect number as 1680d and not the actual 1200d (SHAME ON YOU AMAZON FOR NOT FIXING THIS AFTER ALL THE MENTIONS OF IT).

I used the suitcases (all four in the set) for my trip (this was the first and only trip as of yet with these suitcases) from WV to Florida. The trip was arranged like this (I realize this is long and detailed, but I want you to see the extent of use).

1. House to car
2. Car to airport
3. Airport to connecting flight
4. Connecting flight to final airport
5. Final airport to van and van to hotel
6. Hotel to bus
7. Bus to cruise ship (Yahoo!)
8. Cruise ship to bus (Blah!)
9. Bus to resort
10. Resort to taxi
11. Taxi to airport
12. Airport to connecting flight
13. Connecting flight to airport
14. Airport to car
15. Car to home :-(

On step 8, I just about got my hand cut off. The handles of the suitcases are kind of like a fabric tube, with a flat piece of metal through the tube. Both ends tuck neatly into the the top of suitcase fabric, with the fabric being tucked in while the metal piece has holes in each end, secured to the suitcase with rivets. It appears that one of the rivets did not hit the hole in the metal strap and they came apart. When I grabbed it, the metal came out and just about sliced my hand open. I fought this from step 11 above to step 15 and was reminded yesterday (2 months later) when my mom about cut her hand moving the suitcase in our spare room and grabbed the metal strap.

I realize that warranty issues arise and sometimes mistakes are made in the manufacturing process; hence, the included warranty. My main reason for the 1 star is because I didn't keep the small papers/cardboard pieces attached to the suitcase. When I came home from the trip and was ready to try to get the warranty service, I could not find a website or any information on how to get to the warranty or contact the company. I may have overlooked it, but I simply get the feeling that they did not want someone to easily warranty the product. This was outside Amazon's return policy timeframe (two months after purchase), so that was not an option. At this point, it looks like like I will have to drill out the rivets and secure the strap myself before I, or one of my family members, loses a hand.

OK, so here it is in a nutshell.

The Good:
-The storage compartments in the suitcases are spacious and the suitcase allows for zippered expansion (very nice touch).
-The inside of each suitcase is very nice, with a nice look.
-The wheels roll very well and the spinners are GREAT.
-The handles extend and retract with ease and they all seem to have a good, solidly sounding click when engaged.
-The outside of each suitcase is very clean cut, with nice lines. They are very nice to look at and were easy to spot in the baggage return.

The Bad:
-Stink, stank, stunk.....The interiors of the suitcases had a definite VOC smell to them, more so than I felt comfortable with knowing that my 4 year old was using one. You need to let them air out before your trip and store them with a good spray of Febreeze and some air fresheners or laundry sheets.
-The handle broke and about de-handed me after only a few short days on the FIRST use.
-The warranty information and/or website was not readily found. (Still isn't found) Shame!

I hope this helps.

Good travels to all.
77 comments| 388 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 15, 2017
This luggage is cheap! As in you get what you pay for, but even less. My husband and I bought this set of luggage for our honeymoon and after just the one-time use it is already falling apart. The seams have come apart on both of the larger suitcases. We didn't over pack as we left room for souvenirs. I have purchased other luggage before from American Tourister and paid much less and it lasted me over 10 years. This luggage is junk! I ignored the negative reviews and now I am regretting my purchase. I wish I could just get my money back and buy something that is better quality. Also, it does have a awful plastic smell when you first get them. It slowly dissipates, but not completely. Do not buy this luggage!
on May 28, 2017
This set lasted us just shy of 4 years before the handle on the smallest suitcase broke during our vacation to Greece (see picture). The other suitcases are fine except I believe the net inside one or two of them started to rip. We travel about 2-3 times a year on average, both domestically and internationally. Out of the years we have had this set we used the largest suitcase maybe once or twice. It was just too big. Yes, you can fit more things in it but good luck keeping it under 50 lbs for checking it in. The spin on these suitcases could be better and more seamless but they do spin. I wouldn't expect more for a budget set of suitcases. I ended up selling them recently since we bought a Samsonite set at Costco that better fits our needs and it is of better quality. Since it has been almost 4 years and only one of these suitcases broke, I think that's fairly good considering the price for the entire set. If you're looking for something budget friendly and you travel only once or twice a year, this set will probably suit you fine. However, if you're looking for quality, I would look into more brands.
review image
on April 27, 2017
Note: The pictures included are after 3 years of much use.

I've owned this luggage set for 3 years now, and it's held up through multiple flights to and from Europe, as well as many flights across the US. All pieces are still completely in tact (though I never use the tiniest one - it's SUPER small), and I plan to use this luggage when traveling to South America this year.

The handles sometimes stick, and the color is much lighter in person than pictured, which is a bit of a dissapointment. It's not as olive-y as I'd originally hoped. That's the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars. One of my favorite things about these uniquely green suitcases though is that I can always immediately spot my luggage on a carousel - there's never any doubt that it's mine.

Overall, I'd recommend. This is a decent set for an affordable price.
review image review image review image
on January 15, 2014
My husband & I bought these a few months ago for our up coming trip. I travel for work a few times during the year and took the 2nd largest one on a "test run" soon after getting them. It really held up to the riggers of air travel, with the only damage being some staining on the tan parts. This has happened to every bag I've used, but planes are dirty and its luggage!

Pros: They all stack inside one another like russian dolls for easy storage. The outer nylon is thick and tough, seems to be a decent quality and holds up well to being tossed around. There are 2 zippered pockets inside the main compartment that run the length of the side for small items like belts or toiletries. Wheels spin 360, which made my husband really happy and the tow bar is nice, thick aluminum. I put my laptop bag on the tow bar and it easily takes additional weight and doesn't wiggle. They all have the expansion zipper, which is key for us. The main zipper is good quality and has nice, large pulls for easy zippering. There is a curve in the bottom plastic support that doubles as a handle when lifting the suitcases. It made it really easy to lift in and out of a car trunk or off the luggage belt. There are nylon handles sewn on the top and side that are supported by metal grommets. We packed the large one and was weighted in at 72lbs at check-in and the handles have no sign of strain.

Cons: The inside lining is kinda cheep and thin but has held up well so far. The internal zippers are also not the greatest but have held up too. In the largest bag, the zipper keeps separating in the lid mesh compartment and has to be zipped 2-3 times before it fully locks together. It works for the most part, just a pain to keep zipping it if you are in a rush. On the outside, all the big front pocket zippers stick. They close, but you really have to fight with them. No issue with the small top pocket, only the bottom one. Lastly, not really a con but just a personal thing, the tow bar on the largest bag doesn't extend as far as the smaller bags. It's most likely a height/weight thing, but i can't fit my laptop bag on the tow bar with the biggest bag.
on September 2, 2014
A great set of luggage. Have used it on many business trips with the USA and to/from Canada and so far no issues. All wheels are still fully functional and not broken, which was my concern at first when I got it, but they seem to be build tough enough.

Update December 2016: 2+ years later, and those are still holding strong! It has survived many international and domestic flights to Europe, Canada,and many states in the US. Everything is still working strong and smooth. So far the best set I have owned and would buy again if I had to.
on May 31, 2015
On the biggest suitcase, there was a tear in the stitching. What can we do about it? We already threw the package to send it back. Refund us some of the money.
review image
on August 14, 2016
Unfortunately, for this item.... you get what you pay for. I should have heeded some of the reviews. After only a few uses, the wheels have almost completely eaten away. I am now pulling the cases on plastic skids instead of casters. A short amount of time on less than perfect surfaces has rendered the wheels of these suitcases completely unusable. Not every surface is like the pristine tiled concourses of an airport, and going from the parking garage or parking lot into airports or train stations has done these in. Would not ever buy again, would never recommend, and will possibly be replacing in the near future.
review image review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.