Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Fire TV Stick: $29.99. Offer ends 3/26/18 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on July 2, 2012
I purchased this set a few months (around March/April 2012) back for a trip to Disney, both a 6 day cruise and a jaunt at the park in Florida. When I received the luggage, I was very impressed. It felt nice, looked very nice and all the things that moved and opened did so with ease and fluid motion. I did; however, notice a very strong VOC odor in the suitcases.

I did see that all the other reviews regarding the listing of 1200d Nylon vs 1680d Nylon (I think those are the numbers) were correct. The listing STILL shows the incorrect number as 1680d and not the actual 1200d (SHAME ON YOU AMAZON FOR NOT FIXING THIS AFTER ALL THE MENTIONS OF IT).

I used the suitcases (all four in the set) for my trip (this was the first and only trip as of yet with these suitcases) from WV to Florida. The trip was arranged like this (I realize this is long and detailed, but I want you to see the extent of use).

1. House to car
2. Car to airport
3. Airport to connecting flight
4. Connecting flight to final airport
5. Final airport to van and van to hotel
6. Hotel to bus
7. Bus to cruise ship (Yahoo!)
8. Cruise ship to bus (Blah!)
9. Bus to resort
10. Resort to taxi
11. Taxi to airport
12. Airport to connecting flight
13. Connecting flight to airport
14. Airport to car
15. Car to home :-(

On step 8, I just about got my hand cut off. The handles of the suitcases are kind of like a fabric tube, with a flat piece of metal through the tube. Both ends tuck neatly into the the top of suitcase fabric, with the fabric being tucked in while the metal piece has holes in each end, secured to the suitcase with rivets. It appears that one of the rivets did not hit the hole in the metal strap and they came apart. When I grabbed it, the metal came out and just about sliced my hand open. I fought this from step 11 above to step 15 and was reminded yesterday (2 months later) when my mom about cut her hand moving the suitcase in our spare room and grabbed the metal strap.

I realize that warranty issues arise and sometimes mistakes are made in the manufacturing process; hence, the included warranty. My main reason for the 1 star is because I didn't keep the small papers/cardboard pieces attached to the suitcase. When I came home from the trip and was ready to try to get the warranty service, I could not find a website or any information on how to get to the warranty or contact the company. I may have overlooked it, but I simply get the feeling that they did not want someone to easily warranty the product. This was outside Amazon's return policy timeframe (two months after purchase), so that was not an option. At this point, it looks like like I will have to drill out the rivets and secure the strap myself before I, or one of my family members, loses a hand.

OK, so here it is in a nutshell.

The Good:
-The storage compartments in the suitcases are spacious and the suitcase allows for zippered expansion (very nice touch).
-The inside of each suitcase is very nice, with a nice look.
-The wheels roll very well and the spinners are GREAT.
-The handles extend and retract with ease and they all seem to have a good, solidly sounding click when engaged.
-The outside of each suitcase is very clean cut, with nice lines. They are very nice to look at and were easy to spot in the baggage return.

The Bad:
-Stink, stank, stunk.....The interiors of the suitcases had a definite VOC smell to them, more so than I felt comfortable with knowing that my 4 year old was using one. You need to let them air out before your trip and store them with a good spray of Febreeze and some air fresheners or laundry sheets.
-The handle broke and about de-handed me after only a few short days on the FIRST use.
-The warranty information and/or website was not readily found. (Still isn't found) Shame!

I hope this helps.

Good travels to all.
77 comments| 390 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 18, 2018
I received this luggage set in the mail and I was very impressed with the packaging and the way the luggage looked. However after inspecting the set I noticed that one of the medal studs in the medium size luggage came out that secures the handle down. Also some of the stitching was showing. I contacted Amazon and they agreed to send me a new set and I will return the damage one. overalls I still gave this piece of 4 because I've used Rockland luggage before and they're really durable and great looking. I understand that at times things happen in mailing or something is not secured, but I didn't have any problems with returning it. so I'm hoping that the second set l isn't damaged when I receive it because I do have a trip coming up shortly.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on May 28, 2017
This set lasted us just shy of 4 years before the handle on the smallest suitcase broke during our vacation to Greece (see picture). The other suitcases are fine except I believe the net inside one or two of them started to rip. We travel about 2-3 times a year on average, both domestically and internationally. Out of the years we have had this set we used the largest suitcase maybe once or twice. It was just too big. Yes, you can fit more things in it but good luck keeping it under 50 lbs for checking it in. The spin on these suitcases could be better and more seamless but they do spin. I wouldn't expect more for a budget set of suitcases. I ended up selling them recently since we bought a Samsonite set at Costco that better fits our needs and it is of better quality. Since it has been almost 4 years and only one of these suitcases broke, I think that's fairly good considering the price for the entire set. If you're looking for something budget friendly and you travel only once or twice a year, this set will probably suit you fine. However, if you're looking for quality, I would look into more brands.
review image
on March 3, 2018
Pure Rip off! Do not buy! I traveled by air with a couple of big luggage from this set and both the bags had one wheel missing at the same location. I am pretty sure it was not the case of baggage handling as the wheels were missing for both bags at the same location. This was just the first trip. It was tough to drag these bags on three wheels and imagine 2 bags on 3 wheels. It seems a good deal at first but its waste of money. Since the wheels were missing at the same location, it indicates manufacturing defect. Most people get stuck with the purchase as they don't use the bags until its too late.
review imagereview image
on April 27, 2017
Note: The pictures included are after 3 years of much use.

I've owned this luggage set for 3 years now, and it's held up through multiple flights to and from Europe, as well as many flights across the US. All pieces are still completely in tact (though I never use the tiniest one - it's SUPER small), and I plan to use this luggage when traveling to South America this year.

The handles sometimes stick, and the color is much lighter in person than pictured, which is a bit of a dissapointment. It's not as olive-y as I'd originally hoped. That's the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars. One of my favorite things about these uniquely green suitcases though is that I can always immediately spot my luggage on a carousel - there's never any doubt that it's mine.

Overall, I'd recommend. This is a decent set for an affordable price.
review imagereview imagereview image
on January 9, 2016
Update 01/25/17:
FOUND A WAY TO REPLACE THE WHEELS (changed to 3 stars)

Take a hacksaw and saw the axle in half. Be careful not to overheat the metal because it will melt the plastic yoke. I learned this the hard way using a power tool. Another way would be to drill the rivet flare off, but it can be hard to keep the axle from spinning. Then Knock out the axle. I found replacement wheels that will work good right here on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G0CJMTG/ref=cfb_at_prodpg
Get the 50mm x 18mm wheels.
This set comes with two axles. One 35mm and one 30mm. I found the 30mm to be closest. I use a grinding wheel to remove about 3/16 from the end and the wire wheel to clean it up. This may not be necessary. But the axle will stick out of the yoke.
Put the washers between the wheel and the plastic yoke. One on each side. This is a little tricky. I used scotch tape to lower the washers into place while working the axle through the washer, the wheel, and the other washer.
Screw the cap onto the axle and you are done. The little black axle caps will not go back on as the new axle has bigger heads. I think it looks fine. There are several youtube videos that also show the process. The important thing I share is the link to the replacement wheels. Good luck!

Update 12/16/16 - The wheels are completely shot now. We have to carry our luggage. SAVE YOUR MONEY.

Update 11/28/2016. I can no longer recommend this set. It soils to quickly and the wheels are crap. The wheels are only designed to roll on four. If you tip the bag back to pull, the wheels turn sideways and drag until they wear off. Really poor design.

I purchased this Luggage set because I wanted 4 different sizes that match. This way my Wife and I can choose a size depending on how long we are staying. Weekend trips, I take the small one she takes the next size up. We like the flexibility of a set of four.

All in all, this is a nice looking luggage set. We can always spot our bags easily when on the luggage turnstile. They roll surprising smooth on two wheels, and work great on all four as well. After about 4 trips, the airlines have put a small, almost unnoticeable pox on the front of one, and have soiled the cream fabric on all. But at this price, I guess I will consider them as throwaways, rather than a life time purchase.

I have thought that the zippered expansion could be bigger. It will expand about an inch, and I think it should be more. But really I have not needed to use it yet, so I may be wrong about this.

Seem durable
Two and Four wheel functionality
Set of Four (bonus)
Will nest for Storage
Zippers seem to function well
External storage pockets
Pull handles function smoothly (so far)
Carrying handles seem rugged (airlines have not yanked one loose yet, hehe)

Cons: None (see the update below)

I would recommend this luggage. I may change my rating to 5 stars after it has proven itself longer. But we are very happy with them so far,
Seriously, this is a really nice set for the money.

I hope his helps with your decision.
I do watch for feed back so I can make adjustments to my reviews. So please share your thoughts.

01/23/16 Update

I just took off one star and now it it 3 stars.

We just got back from another trip where I noticed I was getting out of breath pulling one of these bags. On Investigation, I found that when leaned back, the little wheels (about 1.25 ") do not function and were dragging. The back two wheels go kind of pigeon toed so they are about at a 45 degree angle to the pavement. and 45 degrees to the direction of the pull. I guess this is because of the swivels. This does not let the bag role freely, and they are causing wear on the wheels because they drag while they half rolling. These bags simply can't be tipped back and pulled. They must roll on all four wheels. This is fine on smooth polished concrete floors line in the airport. But this is not optimum when on sidewalks or in a parking lot. For long hauls, you will want bags that will tip back and roll.

OMG, how could they have overlooked this? I'm going to take off another star leaving my review at two stars. And now I can not recommend these bags. What a pity.
on August 29, 2017
good buy. was nervous about the quality but it survived our vaca. love that you can store the luggage inside each other. wheels and zippers are working great.
on July 7, 2017
decent quality for the cost; not made to last long; nice colors; fits a lot; great for people who do not travel often; all suitcases fit into each other for easy storage.
on July 26, 2017
to them on our vacation it was perfect plenty of space for the wife stuff, me and the kids
on May 26, 2017