Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 471 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 497 reviews
on September 15, 2011
I recently purchased this luggage set after researching several different brands. I loved the set as soon as I received it, but wondered how it would hold up while being shuffled from airport to airport. I'm happy to say it survived it's first flight without a scratch. The material is very sturdy and held up extremely well. The only complaint I had was the black marks left on it from the conveyor belts. However, I was able to wipe those off using a damp cloth and some spray cleaner. I would definitely recommend this luggage set. It was very affordable and includes four actual suitcases instead of the normal useless duffle and travel bags.
11 comment| 257 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 1, 2016
Bad quality bags. Stitch tore the first time we used. I thought Rockland was good and had a few good reviews and so thought of going for it, but my impression changed after I bought and used this once.

Attached images . Look for yourself.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on August 2, 2016
I have only used the 29" and the 22" pieces one time each, on different trips, and both are very hard to roll upon returning home. I contacted the seller and they asked for the proof of purchase and a picture of the defective part. I furnished the requested items and receive a email that said for me to oil the rollers, which are plastic, and if I was still unhappy I could return them but there is a $40 charge per piece to do so. If I returned 2 defective cases the $80 would be over half of what I paid for the set. It states they have a 3 year warranty but fails to mention anything about a charge to us it.
on July 2, 2012
I purchased this set a few months (around March/April 2012) back for a trip to Disney, both a 6 day cruise and a jaunt at the park in Florida. When I received the luggage, I was very impressed. It felt nice, looked very nice and all the things that moved and opened did so with ease and fluid motion. I did; however, notice a very strong VOC odor in the suitcases.

I did see that all the other reviews regarding the listing of 1200d Nylon vs 1680d Nylon (I think those are the numbers) were correct. The listing STILL shows the incorrect number as 1680d and not the actual 1200d (SHAME ON YOU AMAZON FOR NOT FIXING THIS AFTER ALL THE MENTIONS OF IT).

I used the suitcases (all four in the set) for my trip (this was the first and only trip as of yet with these suitcases) from WV to Florida. The trip was arranged like this (I realize this is long and detailed, but I want you to see the extent of use).

1. House to car
2. Car to airport
3. Airport to connecting flight
4. Connecting flight to final airport
5. Final airport to van and van to hotel
6. Hotel to bus
7. Bus to cruise ship (Yahoo!)
8. Cruise ship to bus (Blah!)
9. Bus to resort
10. Resort to taxi
11. Taxi to airport
12. Airport to connecting flight
13. Connecting flight to airport
14. Airport to car
15. Car to home :-(

On step 8, I just about got my hand cut off. The handles of the suitcases are kind of like a fabric tube, with a flat piece of metal through the tube. Both ends tuck neatly into the the top of suitcase fabric, with the fabric being tucked in while the metal piece has holes in each end, secured to the suitcase with rivets. It appears that one of the rivets did not hit the hole in the metal strap and they came apart. When I grabbed it, the metal came out and just about sliced my hand open. I fought this from step 11 above to step 15 and was reminded yesterday (2 months later) when my mom about cut her hand moving the suitcase in our spare room and grabbed the metal strap.

I realize that warranty issues arise and sometimes mistakes are made in the manufacturing process; hence, the included warranty. My main reason for the 1 star is because I didn't keep the small papers/cardboard pieces attached to the suitcase. When I came home from the trip and was ready to try to get the warranty service, I could not find a website or any information on how to get to the warranty or contact the company. I may have overlooked it, but I simply get the feeling that they did not want someone to easily warranty the product. This was outside Amazon's return policy timeframe (two months after purchase), so that was not an option. At this point, it looks like like I will have to drill out the rivets and secure the strap myself before I, or one of my family members, loses a hand.

OK, so here it is in a nutshell.

The Good:
-The storage compartments in the suitcases are spacious and the suitcase allows for zippered expansion (very nice touch).
-The inside of each suitcase is very nice, with a nice look.
-The wheels roll very well and the spinners are GREAT.
-The handles extend and retract with ease and they all seem to have a good, solidly sounding click when engaged.
-The outside of each suitcase is very clean cut, with nice lines. They are very nice to look at and were easy to spot in the baggage return.

The Bad:
-Stink, stank, stunk.....The interiors of the suitcases had a definite VOC smell to them, more so than I felt comfortable with knowing that my 4 year old was using one. You need to let them air out before your trip and store them with a good spray of Febreeze and some air fresheners or laundry sheets.
-The handle broke and about de-handed me after only a few short days on the FIRST use.
-The warranty information and/or website was not readily found. (Still isn't found) Shame!

I hope this helps.

Good travels to all.
99 comments| 382 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 5, 2016
Really pretty luggage set however I had to send it back three times because one wheel on the mid-sized/carry-on suitcase was shorter than the other three making it lopsided and roll at an angle. The third set was slightly better but still not perfect but at that point I had given up. I haven't used on a trip yet but I've started packing one and it seems like it will hold up ok, though you should probably be careful with the zippers. I also feel like the lids are put on backwards as when I go to open the suitcases I almost always go to the wrong side to find the zipper.
on May 31, 2015
On the biggest suitcase, there was a tear in the stitching. What can we do about it? We already threw the package to send it back. Refund us some of the money.
review image
on May 31, 2016
I bought this set in navy blue in 2012 and have flown 3-4 times a year for the past 4 years and travelled by cars far more than that. They still look decent and the handles are bit rickety now, not as smooth to pull up and push down as they used to be but they work. The spinner bases are surprisingly also in working order though a little less stable. This set is well worth the price so I just placed an order for another set as our family has finally outgrown the previous one. This is obviously not high quality like Samsonite but you're getting a lot more pieces for the price and if you're not a frequent traveler these should hold up just fine. While not necessarily a buy it for life item, I can easily see us getting at least 10 years worth of use out of them at the rate with which we have been using them, if not more. For storage and shipping they all nest perfectly inside one another which is my favorite aspect for when we aren't using them.
on March 21, 2017
I have literally dragged these all over the world. They really stand up. On my last trip abroad I stuffed these suit cases with souvenirs. I know they were stuffed because the airline charged extra. Anyways when I arrived home my suitcase was still intact. Its actually ready for the next trip.
on July 31, 2016
I bought this over Amazon in July of 2014. We have used all the pieces, and have a complaint only about the largest (30") one.
We have taken several trips and they have performed adequately, but we have only needed to use the smaller pieces. They have been used on flights, trains, a cruise, and car trips.
This week we took a longer trip (8 days), and finally used the largest piece. We went by train, and I was the only one to handle the suitcase. On the last day of our trip, the handle on the top ripped out of its mounting point (photo attached). That made handling the piece very difficult on the last day. I have emailed the company, Fox Luggage Inc, with a request for resolution, including the same photo. When they get back to me, I will update this review.
review image
on March 27, 2017
Just packed our new luggage for a trip in the am and one seam tore. The return period will be up before I get back. Hope the rest holds up.
review image review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.