Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Rockland Luggage Melbourne 20 Inch Expandable Abs Carry On Luggage, Black, One Size
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Wheel design may vary between black and silver wheels
- Lightweight yet extremely durable ABS material
- Multi-directional spinner wheels
- Sturdy ergonomic aluminum telescoping handle
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Carry all your belongings in style with this Rockland Melbourne 20 inch expandable ABS carry-on luggage. Made of lightweight polycarbonate, this 20 inch rolling luggage ensures durability by absorbing shocks and impact. Featuring tie-down straps and a spacious interior, this lightweight carry-on luggage keeps your clothes organized. With an ergonomic chrome telescoping handle and multi-directional spinner wheels, this expandable carry-on luggage makes your travel hassle-free. Its elasticized and mesh interior pockets allow you to keep important documents like passport and tickets separately.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Let me start with the bag interiors because these details are not shown on the website (I've since posted pictures). The interior of the red bag is bubble gum pink with white polka-dots. I have no idea who thought that was a good idea, but I wonder how many of the other bags share this interior color choice. My step-sister has the purple bag and says it's the same pink pattern. This pink fabric feels and looks cheap. It's thin and feels as if it will tear easily. The carbon bag has a gray interior with a whimsical polka-dot pattern. It feels sturdier as it isn't so thin. It also is more attractive to look at, but is still somewhat feminine due to the nature of the pattern. There are multiple storage pockets in the carbon bag, whereas the red bag has only one. I've posted pictures showing the bag interiors.
The exterior of these two bags is noticeably different. The red bag has a matte finish and is textured; whereas the carbon bag is smooth and glossy. I prefer the textured matte finish on the red bag because it won't show scuffs as easily. The weight of the ABS is drastically different with the carbon bag having a much thicker shell and little flexibility to it. The exterior of the red bag, on the other hand, is surprisingly thin which allows it to flex. We haven't used either bag on a flight yet, so I can't speak to their durability, but the carbon bag feels sturdier (and is heavier).
The two bags have different wheels. The red bag rolls more easily and is more fun to maneuver as a result. The wheels on the carbon bag have a gap between the wheel casing and the wheel itself. This leads me to think that these wheels may begin to wobble more quickly/easily. I've posted pictures of the wheels alongside the wheels of my higher-end carry-on suitcase. The red bag's wheels are more similar to this mid-upper tier bag's wheels, which perhaps explains the ease of motion of this bag.
The handle on the carbon bag wobbles less as it is supported by a snug fit in the bag frame. The telescoping handle on the red bag does wobble due to a gap between the rods and the bag's frame. The rods themselves appear identical in construction, so the differences here may not affect the longevity or durability of the bag.
* Measures 13“ x 9” x 20“. One Reviewer Said It Was An Inch Too Tall. #It Will Be If You Unzip And Expand On Flights#.
* I love this bag. It is a replacement for my flight bag that was, unfortunately, in an automobile fire. No one was hurt, but my bag was destroyed.
* I have hauling been my lime green, Rockland, around for five plus years. If only it could speak.
* I love the spinner wheels. It can turn in all directions, 360°, with ease. I can bump it with my knee And it starts to roll. Nice 👍
* The telescoping handle is another great feature. The button at the top is very easy to push and it just slides down. It goes up just as easily.
* There is a spring loaded, carry handle on the top. There is another handle exactly the same for side lifting.
* I’m not kidding, this bag is amazing. It has four bumper pads, for loading onto the luggage belt at the airport or loading into a vehicle. They keeps the carry-on from being damaged.
* The product description says it has a maximum weight of 40 pounds. I have carried much more than 40 pounds, but, I think that is to meet airline standards.
* It’s sleek, it’s utilitarian, it’s durable, the zippers work flawlessly, and it has compartment and cubbies everywhere. You just can’t beat this bag.
* When my other bag was destroyed, I was sad. We’ve been through a lot together. Then again shopping. I did look at other design and other brands. Nothing can compare to this. I had to have another. And in the same color.
* When I travel out of state to see my sister she knows I’m going to be towing my lime green bag. It makes me easy to find. It also is easy for me to identify.
* If you have any question, click my name, email me, I will answer. If you leave a comment, I will not know. I won’t get a Notification.
* Hope this info helps. Thanks for reading.