Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Rockland Luggage Melbourne 3 Piece Set, Black, Medium
|Price:||$119.99 & FREE Shipping. FREE Returns. Details|
|You Save:||$16.00 (12%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 20",24",28" upright
- Lightweight yet extremely durable abs material
- Multi-directional spiiner wheels
- Sturdy ergonomic aluminum telescoping handle
- Interior mesh zip pocket and elasticated
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
With that said, there are a couple of things to keep in mind with this set:
1) Hardside does not equal hard case. The components are likely vacuum formed, and are fairly thin (0.020"?). As such, they are not rigid, but do seem to maintain their shape. Still a far cry better than standard, soft sided luggage.
2) These are budget pieces, and some aspects of them feel cheap. For example, the extendable handle on the carry-on sized piece, is telescoping. When fully extended, the handle dos not feel very robust. Maybe this is because I like to push the suitcase in an upright position while walking though airports (doing so takes bearing the weight of the suitcase off of you and put it onto the wheels). In this mode of operation the handle deflects about an inch due to the plastic bushings in the telescoping pieces.
3) The casters seem to do quite well. They are smooth and quiet, and seem to roll over most surfaces easily. Short carpet provides some extra resistance, but it isn't too bad. Time will tell how they hold up.
4) The Set is advertised as "Super Lightweight", this is true. The suitcases are very light. I would be willing to forgo a little weight savings for the rigidity of a thicker shell. But, again, these are budget minded pieces.Read more ›
But in the slim chance that an eager customer comes across this review, please read the three points below:..
1. This luggage is priced so low for a reason. (Mine broke within 5 uses, see images)
2. The "WARRANTY" policy is a complete joke (see image below for all of the hoops you have to jump through to return a garbage just to get another garbage bag)
3. Customer service department is hard to get a hold of and then is a completely rude excuse for a Customer Service department. Just an FYI, you are going to want to search for "Fox Luggage" on Google. They hide behind the Rockland brand because it is terrible luggage.
Don't be like me, penny wise and pound foolish. I made the mistake you can avoid.
Spend a little more money and go with a REAL company. Anyone who travels regularly frequently will rip through this luggage in a matter of a few trips.
Amazon's Return Period will be over (30 days) and you will be left with a trashed bag, an asinine return policy designed to de-incentivize you from returning the luggage, a crappy customer service department, and out $125.00 bucks, wishing you spent a little bit more for something worth a damn.
Check these pieces of luggage out instead: Just type the ASIN into the search bar on Amazon.com... Or click on links below
Samsonite Luggage Winfield 2 Fashion 28-Inch HS Spinner (28-Inch, Charcoal)
...Read more ›
I haven't had to use the medium or large one (only the carry on) but they appear to be just as great as the carry on. Also, what I didn't see in the item description that was an added bonus is that all 3 of them come with little locks.
All in all, a great purchase - great price, fast delivery by the seller, nice bright color, durability, and exactly what I was looking for.
This luggage is very light, just as it claims. I overstuffed my carry on bag for 2 years (2 wks per mo, ~10 mo per year) and completely abused it by wheeling it around upright while very heavy (easy 30 lbs in the carry on). Then, at about 2 years I apparently had bent the handle a little too much and so it started sticking a bit when I tried to telescope it down. Rather than fool with it, I replaced the carry on by purchasing a different brand locally. Had the Rockland brand been available locally in a fun color I would have purchased it again. The weight of this luggage is so light and the space on the interior is quite large compared to other brands. I have not used the large & medium size suitcases very much (~2 trips for large and ~5 trips for medium), but both have held up in checked baggage just fine so far. No cracks or broken wheels to report.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Decent luggage for the price. Our only problem is on of the zippers on the large one came off the track. Read morePublished 17 hours ago by Scott Powell
Bought this set for our trip to the US VI and they worked great! The hardshell exterior held up to with nearly no visible damage, and there was no real odor issues that others... Read morePublished 18 hours ago by Amazon Customer
On my second trip with the smaller one, of its wheels deteriorated =(Published 3 days ago by Ana Paula Andrade
Be sure to check all of your pieces when they arrive. I just used my small bag for the first time and the handle is not extending all the way out. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Kim JM
Best luggage set for the price. Each piece expands and has a zippered area to divide the contents in half. The material is hard, yet flexible. Read morePublished 11 days ago by Miki
The large bags wheels were defective and shredded the first time my granddaughter used the suit case on a church mission trip. No plane, just a bus trip. Read morePublished 12 days ago by Sally F. Weir