Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 927 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 974 reviews
on December 14, 2012
After having a lot of my stuff trashed on recent flights due to baggage handlers, I decided that I wanted hardside luggage. I have also been fortunate enough to have my luggage lost repeatedly, so I wanted something easy to identify. At the moment, there are not many people who fly with "orange" luggage, so identifying my missing bags is always easy. My last set was orange, and I don't think I could go back to anything less "high profile" with respect to appearance.

With that said, there are a couple of things to keep in mind with this set:

1) Hardside does not equal hard case. The components are likely vacuum formed, and are fairly thin (0.020"?). As such, they are not rigid, but do seem to maintain their shape. Still a far cry better than standard, soft sided luggage.

2) These are budget pieces, and some aspects of them feel cheap. For example, the extendable handle on the carry-on sized piece, is telescoping. When fully extended, the handle dos not feel very robust. Maybe this is because I like to push the suitcase in an upright position while walking though airports (doing so takes bearing the weight of the suitcase off of you and put it onto the wheels). In this mode of operation the handle deflects about an inch due to the plastic bushings in the telescoping pieces.

3) The casters seem to do quite well. They are smooth and quiet, and seem to roll over most surfaces easily. Short carpet provides some extra resistance, but it isn't too bad. Time will tell how they hold up.

4) The Set is advertised as "Super Lightweight", this is true. The suitcases are very light. I would be willing to forgo a little weight savings for the rigidity of a thicker shell. But, again, these are budget minded pieces. The advertising scheme is that with a lighter case, you can pack more of your belongings inside without risk of being "overweight" on the airlines' scales. I figure that the weight savings equate to an extra change of underwear and socks. So, I'm not sure this is a tremendous advantage, as much as it is a marketing ploy. Also, I have high enough frequent flyer status that I do not pay for baggage. So, for me this is a moot point.

Overall, these are decent pieces, but I expect that they will be worn out in 4 or 5 years. I fly a lot, so your mileage may vary...
66 comments| 464 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2016
Don't buy this garbage luggage set. It is JUNK. All three of the pieces cracked and broke and fell apart after only two trips. So supposedly it has a warranty and I tracked it down though the Fox Luggage website (hard to find but it is Fox that makes Rockland pieces) and the only way Customer Service can be reached is through email. After five emails and no response, I found the phone number and called them and insisted on talking to someone is Customer Service. They wouldn't let me but promised I would get a response via email which I eventually did...but it didn't answer my specific question which was do I have to pay $40 per suitcase for handling? That would cost me $120 for all three plus shipping (another $40ish) and since I only paid $139 for all three...obviously this is a BAD DEAL. It turns out that yes, you have to pay $40 per damaged suitcase to take advantage of the warranty. DO NOT BUY THESE SUITCASES or anything made by FOX LUGGAGE OR ROCKLAND LUGGAGE. Learn from my mistake. A bad review is my only option at this point. Hope it helps someone.
review image review image
11 comment| 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 20, 2014
Used for 1 trip only and the 24" size is broken on the bottom. Try to look for replacement on the parts but no one respond from Rockland.
review image review image
22 comments| 189 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2014
Update almost 3 years after purchase:
We live abroad and this luggage has held up well. My spouse travels for work, and these are still going strong. We bought two sets of this and ALL are still in great shape. They made it through a road trip across the USA (from NC to WA) with 4 kids and then flew with us to Japan, and then to various places for work travel. I'm pretty sure we would have not been happier with a set that cost four or five times as much.

I ordered 4 sets of another brand of luggage. I had to return them all because of low quality. So I took a risk and ordered this set. I am very happy with them for the price point. I was able to get lots of stuff (enough for an overnight trip for three kids and myself) in just the carryon. The expandable lip is very nice. The sizes are great. The "hardshell" is a good feature. The handles feel a little flimsy, but hey...for the price we will just be careful with them. We are moving overseas, so I am not going to chance it with meidokier luggage and end up with a mess when we have to change planes in a foreign land, and I feel that this is a good set all things considered. Oh, the purple is just lovely...a very nice shade!
on February 23, 2016
Did not have a chance to use this luggage until last week and so disappointed. We had short trip with no lay over from Miami to California and as soon as picked up luggage figure out that zip fail apart. After i opened it few time, zip torn inside. Hand language has some problems as well. And i was very careful with it, never dropped or something. Handle is always stuck and clumsy, fells that going to break at any moment even if i have only few light things inside. So sad that can't return this cheap luggage...
on December 19, 2014
I freakin love these things. SO light and durable. I know people were saying they didn't think these would hold up but I travel around the country and internationally all the time and these are amazing. The smallest size does work for carry on, but the middle size is just over which is rather disappointing. The insides of them all have a mall little pouch for jewelry, the elastic straps with clasps to on one side, and the other size has its own zipper to close off off that whole entire side from the opposite side, which is awesome when coming home... can keep your dirty close separated from stuff you didn't wear. I love the color, too... champagne almost. Handles are on tops and side. Extender zippers on all of them.
on October 11, 2016
I received a very damaged box that had apparently been re-taped several times. When I got the box open I saw that a piece of the largest suitcase had been damaged during shipping and you can see in the picture how another one is crooked. I'm a frequent traveler and am not expecting these to last for long but the hi-vis color is what I was looking for. Each piece also comes with a lock.

UPDATE:
Flew round trip from East to West Coast with no issues aside from a couple of scuff marks which was expected.
on February 7, 2016
The big one especially takes a lot of space to open. I found it hard to close. The handles are off center so pull the exterior or shell so that the weight distribution is weird. They rolled nicely and the color selection was good but I returned them due to too many negative features.
on June 24, 2016
The only good thing I have to say about this luggage set is it look very fancy. I am currently writing this review while I am still on leave from the military visiting my relatives in the states before I head back to my duty station in Japan. I haven't even own this set for 30 days and the big piece is already damaged. One of the wheel clusters is damaged and shell itself is cracked. I'm not sure it will last to make it back safely to Japan. Buyers please beware.
V/R
One Sad Customer
on November 26, 2014
Received them very quickly. The quality, however, was very disappointing. Came with a hole in the lining of the large case, damage to the outer shell of the second case, and I had seen enough. Didn't even open the middle case to see what the inside or the small case look like. Must say, Amazon is great and made it very easy to return the next day. I appreciate Amazon, but unfortunately these cases are apparently not going to hold up to travel if they don't even hold up to being shipped in a protective box.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.