Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 218 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 227 reviews
on February 19, 2015
I am very disappointed that after only one use of one bag of the set that didn’t even last for 1 domestic round trip. i didn’t expect the set to be with this quality. I even received it with a small crack on the side (attached picture), however, I overlooked the situation and used it. Nevertheless, it got broken in the first use i don’t think this is appropriate. Please see the attached pictures to see the magnitude of the crack. The bag is not functional anymore and i don’t think its fair. I am looking forward to hear from you about a compensation.
Note: I have been trying to contact the seller for over a month now and I did't get any reply
review image review image review image review image
on December 11, 2012
I didn't want a huge investment but something light and versatile as I have back condition which makes traveling especially by plane difficult and painful. These are very light, store inside one another, roll with great ease and versatility. They stood up great round trip cross country. I certainly could have spent more money but for this price these are great light and exactly what I needed.
11 comment| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 15, 2013
I purchased this 3-piece luggage set prior to going on a ski trip. Upon arrival, this luggage set seemed to be of much higher quality than the hard side luggage I had considered purchasing from Costco at the same price point. It was flexible vs hard plastic, the surface is slightly textured as if the fibers are woven, and it was slightly wider. I made the assumption that because of the material difference, this would be less likely to crack or scratch, so we decided to keep this set and returned the other. The material and graphite color also looks more expensive and stands out on the baggage carousel.

After stuffing the luggage, I had to sit on the lid to close it and had visions of my the contents exploding all over the tarmac. But I couldn't leave any of my clothes at home, so I decided to risk it. Four flights later, my trip was complete. I had no burst zippers, no scratches, no nicks, no issues at all. I also had no issue with the size of the carry on piece. The luggage still looks brand new.

Since then, the smallest piece has gone on 3 more trips and continues to look and perform like new. I am a frequent traveller and this is the longest I've had a piece of luggage continue to look new. I'm sure wheels will break and nicks will happen as they do with all luggage after rough handling, but I believe these will last longer than a normal fabric suitcase and I think I made the right choice to purchase this over the typical plastic hard side luggage.
11 comment| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 5, 2014
The handles and zippers are very poor quality. The handle on the large suitcase came out right away and won't stay in. Good thing I found out before I checked the bag. It happened on the first trip to the airport.
on July 19, 2014
I was fortunate enough to get this set when it was discounted, and have been very happy with it. As per my headline, the set had a tough maiden voyage, from Australia to USA and back,... this would have taxed even the most expensive of cases. Happy to say, that despite a few scuffs and slight black marks, all 3 cases held up VERY well. This type of wear and tear is exactly what I would have expected. Here are the pros and cons I have noted, to date:

Pro's
- Great color! (bought the gold and it's a lovely true gold color.. not too yellow and brassy at all.). Highly visible on the luggage carousel among the vast sea of black and navy cases. Had no problem at all identifying my bags.
- They hold a LOT. OK, caveat here... I had to buy an extra case while I was in Australia, but that was only because I think I bought out half of the stores in that country. I was a bit concerned at first when I got them because of the inner ridges of the cases are fairly prominent. I learnt through multiple packing and re-packing experiments that the best thing to do was to roll smaller clothes and line the inside of the ridges, then pack as normal once they were filled. It's surprising how much those ridges actually ended up holding.
- They are light and easy to maneuver. This, coming from a woman who had a full leg cast on, and had to travel alone with 2 children under the age of 9. The 9-year-old wheeled the smaller case and her little bag, and I had my handbag and the 2 larger cases. I had no problem getting them to and from airports and hotels by myself.
- The carry-on sized case is the correct size for INTERNATIONAL carry-on requirements. I found that it was challenging to find a set online that met those specifications. Please note that there are many other sets out there, but the carry-on size will only be acceptable for Domestic flights. Please check the specifications re carry-on luggage with your airline before traveling on an international flight, particularly if you are used only traveling Domestic. They are very strict on International flights, and WILL make you check it if it's too large to fit in the overhead compartments.

Cons -
- I can see that eventually the lighter tan plastic surrounding the zipper area will come away from the case. I think it would be fairly easy to repair, but that part of the case is a little cheaply done. That said, what do you expect from a set this inexpensive? Even if they last for only 2 or 3 more adventures, they have been well worth the cost.
- I wish that the smaller carry-on case had some kind of outside compartment, although I realize that this would increase the price of set. I was able to carry a large handbag that held all of my travel documents, but I think I would have felt a lot more secure if they were off my person and in the carry-on.

I hope this helps any would-be purchasers. Feel free to ask any questions, if you would like.
on June 7, 2017
I just used the large suitcase for the first time since receiving the set. It was easy to pack and load in and out of the car but that's where my pleasure ended. The wheel broke around the plastic corner of the suitcase and it was difficult to maneuver throughout my trip. The bag rolls easily when empty. However; as soon as there is anything packed in the bag, the corner wheel collapses inside the plastic. There are several dents and creases in the outer shell that occurred during normal use throughout my 1 week trip. Unfortunately, I cannot use this again due to the broken wheel. I did not buy this set to only be used one time. I would like a refund but alas since I bought this set in when I saw it on the Amazon website back in January but did not actually use it until June, my return window as closed, It is unsatisfactory to have only used this set one time and not be able to return it.
review image
on August 15, 2017
This set is beautiful but according to several reviews, these aren't the most durable suitcase.

Rockland does have a 5 year limited warranty but of course poor handling and normal wear and tear are not covered. Unfortunately, that means if your suitcase does not return in baggage claim in one piece, there was obviously a handling issue. This is the downside of "hard" shells. Bags are usually tossed and stacked when they are transported from point A to B.

I'd recommend purchasing insurance through Asurion which is offered for luggage on Amazon.com. Coverage is for up to 4 years for $30. Considering the price $150 ($50 per piece), this is a great deal and I wouldn't let that deter you from making this purchase.
on March 23, 2016
I bought this set as a defective/open box item from Amazon Warehouse. I was surprised to see it was in very good condition. As many reviewers noted, it does have a strong plastic smell, but not anything totally overwhelming. I traveled with the carry on and the medium sized pieces on two international flights. I checked the medium sized bag, and while it did come back with a few scratches on the exterior there were no cracks or other damage. Scratches were to be expected though as bag handlers are not the most gentle... I also took the carry on on several other domestic flights and they are still perfect. The carry on is the PERFECT size. I never get questioned about whether it will fit -- it always does. The color of the luggage is awesome, nobody has anything like it, and it's incredibly easy to find on the bag conveyor. For the price, this is as good as you can get.
on December 1, 2012
I LOVE this set. They look expensive and thankful they are not! So far (after 4 trips - over 10 flights), and they still look new. I love the 4 wheels - it makes it easy to maneuver.
33 comments| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 7, 2014
I was very nervous about purchasing this luggage set, as I have only ever used fabric luggage. However, the luggage I had was from the 90', and not very physically appealing. I am going to France to teach, and wanted something a little more stylish. I am SO happy with this purchase! I love the metallic look, its not as obnoxious as brightly colored luggage, but it's easy to pick out on the luggage line. The wheels roll easily and they are so easy to pack! I took the medium sized one on a weekend writing retreat (I'm an overpacker, I could've gotten away with the small one), and it held up so well!

I just finished packing for France, using the large suitcase and small one. I love that the small one is approved as a carryon on international flights, so I don't have to worry about checking another piece of luggage. I purchased a luggage strap to connect my checked and carry-on suitcases, and from what I can tell so far, it'll work out great. I'll post an update upon my return.

The only downside that I noticed the other day when packing is that there are some white stretch marks on the corner of the large one. I don't know what it's from since I haven't used it yet, but I tested it with some pressure and it didn't cave at all, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I especially love that the one side is zippered - makes it easy to open and close, and it's nice to separate my clothing from my shoes and toiletries.

Overall, I would DEFINITELY purchase again! I looked at several other suitcase sets, and this one won on all accounts. I couldn't be happier!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.