Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 21, 2016
This is my second set of this luggage. Why did I get two sets if I think it is one-star? Because the first set was great. It fulfilled its purpose and held my stuff when I traveled (only about once a month). However, it appears in 2015 they must have done a redesign. The most recent set I ordered is awful. The feet on the bottom were made to be more narrow and smaller, so no matter how you pack the rollaboard, it will fall-over when left standing on its own. It's very tedious to always have to make sure it is leaned against something while at an airport. On the second bag, the decal also fell off during the first use of the bag. The "Rockland" decal wasn't amazingly pretty or anything, but is just more evidence that they redesigned this luggage to be much lower quality. Buyer beware!

I've included a picture where you can see how the feet of the two rollaboards are different.
review image
736 helpful votes
737 helpful votes
66 comments|Report abuse
on May 11, 2015
I have yet to use the luggage, but from just from an initial look over it has passed with flying colors. I looked everywhere for a reasonable price, appropriate dimensions and found it with Rockland. Will edit when I use it for a proper review.
REVISED: I've had this luggage set for over a year and used it to go to Alaska and back, go to to various relatives houses and it looks brand new! No holes or missing stitching, zippers still zippin' away... I'm just over the moon on how great this buy was. Best thing is that everyone can tell its mine with the awesome colors and with the Alaska visit the small (International) size saved me from having to check my luggage on the 20 person plane! Only issues I've ever had is, that when the suit case has things inside, it will fall over face first which is no issue for me I just prop it against a person or wall.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
445 helpful votes
446 helpful votes
33 comments|Report abuse
on June 9, 2015
My daughter is 8 and absolutely LOVED this set.. Perfect size for her.. We went on a week long trip and everything fit!!!
review image
110 helpful votes
111 helpful votes
on August 25, 2016
I purchased this suitcase because of a week long trip across the country with VERY different weather than mine, so I had to pack more than t-shirts and shorts. This suitcase is deceiving - it looks smaller than what it actually is and I DID have room to spare. I did use packing cubes because it is helpful to me, but I did manage to get a week's worth of clothing (no access to washing machine) that included 3 t-shirts, 2 leggings, 3 blouses, 3 camisoles, a light sweater, jeans, 2 pairs of shoes (1 was heels, the other was flats), and undergarments. My clothes did not come out all wrinkled or incredibly creased - not more than you would get from folding your clothes and putting them in a drawer. The empty space that is in there contained a makeup bag and the TSA approved baggie of toiletries.

The small carry on was a bit more disappointing - a lot could be stuck in there, but regardless of size or weight of the items, it seemed to pull at the seams in a few different spots. It is completely functional, though. The zipper got stuck a couple of times, but I can't blame the making of the bag for this alone.

Regarding sizing and durability, the suitcase itself does comply and fit into one of those 14" x 22" sizing things at the airport. The smaller bag fits perfectly under the seats. This suitcase went on 7 flights, including 2 that had to be valet checked because of the size of the aircraft and even wound up in the wing of a Cessna at one point. It has a couple of dirt scuffs, but it is in otherwise perfect shape!

One thing to note - if you put something (like sandals) in the front pouch of the larger one, it will topple over. I do wish the base was sturdier, but I can't complain too much with the pricing of it. I've read a couple reviews where it says it smells. Yes, it is a bit smelly out of the box, but it is the smell as if it sat in a box in a warehouse. If you let it air out, the smell goes away.

Definitely a good combo and worth the price!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
84 helpful votes
85 helpful votes
on June 26, 2013
Europe has stricter guidelines about size and weight of carry-on bags than we have in the US, so I bought this bag because of its light weight (6 lbs). I figured that even if the quality was poor and it only lasted this one trip, it would be worth the price in saved checked baggage fees. When it arrived, I was surprised at the quality. It seems well made and I would be surprised if it doesn't last several years. Also, the size is definitely enough if you are a wise packer. I'll be in Europe for 4 weeks (with laundry access)and I have everything I need in these two little bags. I don't know what other reviewers were packing when they said they couldn't fit enough stuff for a weekend in this bag.

I also have to say that I don't notice a bad smell, or any smell at all with this bag. Other reviewers had me worried, but even when I put my nose right into the box to try to pick up this "smell" I didn't notice anything.
516 helpful votes
517 helpful votes
33 comments|Report abuse
on January 28, 2017
Only just received so time will tell on quality, but I like the looks of this set and the size appears to be just what I need. I hope to be a frugal packer and be able to get a week's worth of clothes into the two bags and avoid checking an luggage. Others commented on the problem of the bag falling over when packed but looks like that can be avoided by reversing the position of the smaller bag and hanging it from the back side of the larger bag's handle. I look forward to using it!
2 helpful votes
on June 17, 2016
This leopard and pink luggage is good. When I received it, it did have strong chemical smell to it like other mentioned so ibsat it outside in the sun for 2-3 days and that helped with the smell! I was able to fit 3 of the compression organizing bags in here, the small, medium and large one. This was able to to hold all of my clothes for my month long stay! I was able to fit 3 pairs of flip-flops and the rest had to go in a separate bag. The expansive part on the front of the bag really came in handy when trying to close the bag, but do not over stuff the bag because then the zipper won't close properly! The small bag came in handy with my hair products and last minute items. I would recommend this bag, but I did find a bag a little bigger than this one and looked like it was made better! But I would still recommend this product, just remember you get what you pay for!
0Comment|Report abuse
For the price I paid, I cannot complain at all. I got this set for 11 bucks via Amazon Warehouse Deals. The size is perfect for what I needed and the smaller size bag is actually much bigger than I expected - it is so perfect for my needs.

The construction/durability is quite fine for me, as well. I do not plan to use it heavily. I have 3 one week beach trips planned for this summer and this set will be perfect for my stuff.

The suitcase is a bit of a smaller size - this isn't a huge suitcase - but it will be fine for me to pack a week's worth of dresses, undies, swimsuits etc. The smaller bag will hold all my makeup and such.

I would say at about 30 - 35 bucks, this would still be a decent purchase, but I probably would not pay more than that, since you could buy a large, more sturdy duffle bag for that price and have more room and a bit more durability.

If you're looking for a suitcase for heavy or frequent use, this probably is not the set you want, but for occasional use and not being tossed around at the airport, this is actually great. I am super impressed with the smaller size bag though. It isn't actually small by any means and it will hold A LOT of toiletries, etc. Even smaller clothing items will fit.

This would also be great for a child/teen's weekend bag. You know a teen will pack a month's worth of cloths for a single overnight trip!

Overall, I am very happy with my purchase and I would buy another set if needed.
on May 5, 2014
Bought this inexpensive set of luggage to take on a airplane trip, it fits the carry on qualifications with no problems. It's fine for what we paid, I would not recommend if you travel several times a month or more, it's not built or priced for that. It may seem a little flimsey to regular travelers, but for an occasional trip, and used as carry-on only, where only the user is handling it, it should do you just fine.
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
on November 8, 2017
I got the houndstooth pattern, and it's really cute in person. The white in the pattern doesn't look truly white, but for the price I can't say I care too much. Just needed a cheap carry on set that will get me to California and back to see my mom. Looks spacious enough to do the trick. My only complaint is the expandable handle seems.... kind of flimsy. Hopefully it doesn't cause me any problems on my trip. Traveling is stressful enough without luggage malfunctions!

The small bag is really nice. Looks big enough to fit my copy of Brandon Sanderson's Words of Radiance, my tablet, and any other goodies I'll have along. I'm glad to know I at least won't be bored on my 6+ hour flight this Thanksgiving!!
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.