BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Wonderstruck PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 2, 2013
There are some interesting gems in this package--songs that never made it very high on the Billboard charts such as Cool Love and Kansas City by Wanda Jackson, Boppin' The Blues by Carl Perkins, My Babe by Dale Hawkins, The Hippy Hippy Shake by Chan Romero, Frankie Lymon's version of Little Bitty Pretty One and My Gal Is Red Hot by Billy Lee Riley. But, there are also some odd features. I like Glenn Miller's In The Mood as much as anyone, but what is a song from 1940 doing on this collection? And how about this: Track 17 is I Wonder Why by Dion and the Belmonts, and Track 37 is I Wonder Why by Belmonts & Dion, identical tracks. Huey "Piano" Smith's Don't You Just Know It is listed as Don't Ha Ha. The recording quality is acceptable, but not great. All together, though, for 59 different songs from the fifties, the price is good and you get some unique non-traditional nuggets.
on February 26, 2013
I bought this collection to add to my workout playlist. While some reviewers noticed a difference in sound quality between songs, I haven't noted a problem. Perhaps that is because I'm only listening through earbuds. Regardless, I'm happy with my purchase. There are 60 great songs and it's fun to hear these 'oldey but goodies' during my workouts.
on March 24, 2013
This collection can give a leg up for any person who either never heard the music before, or who heard it on the radio but did not squirrel away these well known classics or fun rarities into their own record collection. I fall into the latter category. To get 60 tracks for this price is of course a value in and of itself. The audio quality is dandy, and all of the tracks are well chosen. As a radio host on a freeform station, it was fun to drop in a few of these in the mix, to spice it up and give my show some of that jukebox feel. One warning-- you may find yourself shopping for more cuts by some of these artists.... For me it was Wanda Jackson, Eddie Cochran, Chuck Berry, Jimmy Rogers, and Gene Vincent. Highly Recommended!
on December 24, 2012
This is a great collection of original songs done by original artists. I would recommend this to everyone and all.
on March 12, 2013
Nearly all of these are the original classics. I say "nearly all" because a week's worth of listening and a little research have revealed a few exceptions: 1) "Roll Over Beethoven" (Chuck Berry) sounds like the re-recording Chuck did for Mercury Records in 1967, though it still rocks; 2) "I Wonder Why" (Dion & the Belmonts) appears twice in the collection, under slightly different titles, though it's apparently the same, original recording; 3) "The Hippy Hippy Shake" (Chan Romero) sounds like the demo version -- just Chan's vocal and guitar, which is still nice. And somehow, Glenn Miller's "In the Mood" is here. It might not be the original 1939 version, but it's completely out of place regardless.

With all that said, the price I paid -- about a dime per song -- was too good to pass up, even for someone who much prefers CDs to downloads and already has a hefty '50s collection. This set helped plug some holes.
on March 24, 2013
For $2.99 a great bargain. All songs the original artists and versions. With 60 songs not everyone will be a gem for everyone but there should be way way more than enough songs for everyone to enjoy to make this a worthwhile purchase - again for those going in knowing these are oldies. Some are great to throw into a playlist I use at Summer BBQs, these songs are fun for that as most everyone knows some of these and during a night of 'eat and drink' most feel compelled to show off their singing chops, and a few their dancing skills - or so they think. Again for $2.99 a great deal for some fun 'old time' songs.
on March 24, 2013
I have over 200 plus songs of the 50's and 60's but amazingly this album only contains a few duplicates and
They are all hits and such a bargain I could not pass it up.
on March 10, 2013
They really put some classic gems on this album and I can't believe how much you get with it! Although, I told my 13 year old nephew that this album (hits from the 50's) was great and had Tequila on it, to which he pointed out, "that's great, but Tequila came out in 1962"... :/ How he knew that and the people behind this album didn't is very funny indeed, however, it doesn't much matter. It includes some of the grittier songs from that time period and that is all that does matter! I'm happy and highly recommend!
on July 9, 2013
...can you REALLY go wrong?

I'm a fan of collections and greatest hits, and this one doesn't disappoint. The sound quality is just fine (although I'm not an audiophile with the keenest of ears) so, for me, a customer is going to buy this based on the track list more than anything else. It's a fun listen that I'll start up at the most random of times. Most of the songs make me smile or wiggle -- and that's pretty much all you need to know.
on September 19, 2013
In a category filled with re-recordings and cover bands, it's so very nice to find a collection of legitimate original hits. This would be a great deal even with half as many songs; with 60, it's easy to forgive the occasional clunker. It's been months since I bought this set, and I'm really happy that I did. Check it out!