Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 358 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 392 reviews
on October 25, 2016
I landed on these shoes after a months-long quest to find a good-looking balmoral shoe with a nice wide toebox. Nearly all my other shoes are ECCO, for comparison.

4.0 stars for looks. Both ECCO and Rockport make some truly hideous balmoral oxfords, but these look great! Nobody with a discerning eye would mistake them for Allen Edmonds or anything, but any casual observer wouldn't know the difference. I'm subtracting a half-star for the odd number of eyelets, which makes straight-lacing impossible.

5 stars for fit. I like minimalist shoes. My feet are wide and meaty with splayed toes, the way nature intended. In other words, my feet are shaped like feet instead of the slender little points that "classy" folk bind their feet into over their lifetime. So it's damn near impossible to find a "classy" shoe that fits. Anything I tried previously that was wide enough in the ball and toes area was too loose around the ankles (particularly AE Park Avenues). These Almartins are perfect. No loose material around the ankle, and I have enough room in the toes to play piano. Now on to the cons...

2.5 stars for comfort. The footbed is too squishy, and my weight doesn't get distributed very well. My heels sink right down into the hard outsole, resulting in pressure points on my heels. There's noticeable heel slippage when I walk (due to the squishy foodbed) and the absurdly hard and sharp heel leather rubs on my Achilles tendon. I managed to survive a couple of days doing substantial walking in these, but barely avoided breaking the skin on my heel.

3 stars for construction. About what I would expect for a $75 shoe. Doesn't polish very well. The cheapness is apparent upon closer inspection. The heel piece is hard as a rock, and the edge is stiff and jagged so it tears up my Achilles tendon with a lot of walking. There is a very noticeable drop in quality compared to my ECCO shoes.

Last word: these shoes will tide me over until I find some nicer balmorals that fit my wide, splayed feet. They look nice unless you inspect them closely. For desk jockey use, they'll be just fine. I'm not thrilled with them, but for $75 I can live with them. No way would I ever pay MSRP.
on November 4, 2014
In my younger days I went for style and good looks in my shoes at the expense of my poor feet. Now, I sometimes need some comfort to go with the looks. These Rockport Almartin are my choice for those days when I plan do some walking or standing for awhile. They go well as a dress shoe with a suit and my feet love the comfort soles and wide size. I have other nicer, expensive shoes that I wear but they are not as comfortable as these. My only complaint is I like a good shine on my shoes and these do not provide a great shine. Good and acceptable for dress but not the shine I like. But, I wear them with my suits and they look good. I'm on my second pair so if you want comfort and style, get a pair.
on January 6, 2016
I am buying a third pair since I love the style, comfort, and decent shine. The best looking comfort shoe in my opinion. The leather is very soft. The shoes almost look like high quality wing-tips except for the so-so shine (due to the softer leather) and cheap rubber sole. I shine the shoes every two to three weeks and cloth shine with my cotton black socks every couple days to keep up the sheen. The sheen is only 50% of a Florsheim Lexington Wing Tip dress shoe. You can also wear them in wet weather. The real negative to this shoe is the sole cracks after 11 1/2 months every time. So you have to replace the shoes every year which means your work shoes cost ~ 50 cents a day to wear. The crack occurs all the way across(side to side) the shoe under the ball of your foot. This happens on both shoes. I wish Rockport would use a better synthetic rubber.
on March 22, 2014
These shoes are as comfortable as sneakers the first time you put them on. No break in period at all. They don't look like old man shoes, either, as some Rockports do. They look like any other well-made dress shoe. If you need a pair of shoes that go with a suit, and comfort is a priority, these are the ones. I tried Allen Edfmunds, but they took a long time to break in, and their leather soles couldn't stand up to the 2 miles a day of walking I do. I also tried Cole Haan, but they are brutal on the feet, and never seem to break in. These look almost as good as those--no one could tell from more than 3 feet away--and they feel great.
on July 18, 2017
The right shoe did not fit well and caused the top of my foot to hurt. I finally realized the tongue in the shoe was not cut properly and was cutting into my skin. I need to see if this can return them but would suggest they do not fit higher arches (top of foot hieght) very well. I normally really like Rockport shoes but these not so much
on March 18, 2015
They should be a little wider and a little less long, it just looks too narrow, elongated. But they fit fine, maybe a bit on the narrow side. I can normally wear normal width shoes, D, but in the past have had to get 2E or 4E depending on the shoe. However, I like a somewhat snug fir width wise to support my ankles and knees, such as a shoe can, for lateral movement. These do that. So if you don't like a snug fit in terms of width get them +1 in width.

The extra length doesn't affect my ability to walk in them, I just don't like the elongated look. I had a pair of much cheaper ($30) Wingtips and they had the perfect ration of width to length in terms of looks. They were cheaply made however and didn't last long, I won't buy them again. This Rockport shoe is very well made and seems like it will last a long time, I just wish they would change the aesthetics to a more appealing width-length ratio.

I'm 6'4" 250lbs and these shoes offer excellent support, they're also surprisingly light.
on May 20, 2012
I've been wearing these shoes for some time now. I have over pronation, not bad enough that the doctor wants to have molded orthotics, but I use the Dr. Scholls brand to provide some relief as I walk a lot. One of the best aspects of these shoes is that they fit very well, even with the orthotic. Some brands I need to order a wide to fit correctly, but the normal "D" (medium) size is A-ok on my foot.

Overall, very comfortable. I walk a lot throughout the day and have persnickety feet, I've found a new favorite brand! So far they are wearing very well. They did stretch a bit, but nothing I am concerned about. I have a few scratches on the leather already, but they still shine up well. The laces are also more durable than most I receive from off the shelf shoes. The bottoms are wearing very well too!

I bought two pair, (not the same models) but both are wearing consistently so I know this isn't a fluke. Good shoes, buy and enjoy!
on February 8, 2012
I recently received the Almartin Wingtip Oxford by Rockport and am very happy with my purchase. As always, Amazon Prime did a fantastic job of packaging and shipping my order quickly, and I have received numerous compliments around the office on the color and style of these shoes. Perhaps most importantly, the shoes are quit comfortable (as Rockports tend to be) which is VERY hard to find in a dress shoe. These shoes look fantastic with both a suit as well as a pair of dress pants and a polo. The only caution I would provide is they seem to run a half size big of your general sneaker size.
on February 8, 2017
This is a nice, well made, comfortable shoe.

It is not the old Rockport walker with the soft, neoprene soles. It is therefore not quite as "cushy". However, the insoles are pretty soft. Also, the soles should last a lot longer than the old neoprene soles.

I have a fairly wide foot and ordered a 2E. I would say it is slightly narrower than I would have expected. Next time I would order a 3E.

The shoe is not advertised as waterproof but I have walked through several pretty good puddles without getting wet feet. I'm wearing it as uniform shoe and find that after 10-12 hours my feet feel pretty good.
on September 21, 2016
These are handsome shoes. They fit my feet quickly and fit well. The new style sole is more comfortable and water resistant than my older Rockport shoes, especially the older leather soles. (Yep, I'm an old Dude. A couple pairs of my Rockports are more than 35 years old, still in great shape!) Great detail in the leather work, not like the old days, but one has to look closely to see the not quite so careful details. The Almartin band at the base of the tongue adds a bit more support I have not found in other Rockports. The Almartins are out of production, the style is a classic design and are getting kind of rare. They do shine up well and hold a shine just fine. Nice shoes.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.