Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rockport Men's Banni Mocc-Toe Rugged Oxford
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on April 17, 2011
I have long been a fan of Rockport and received these as a Christmas present. The shoes fit perfectly from the first time on my feet. But as a teacher who is on my feet much of the day, I also need shoes that provide support for my weak arches as well. The BanniMoc shoes did just that. After wearing them four or five days a week for the past three months, I can state that these shoes certainly provide all the comfort and support that I need. On top of that, they still look good in a casual dress sort of style. That is why I have just placed an order for a second pair in black.
on November 17, 2015
i had purchased this same shoe from Zappos a couple of years ago but they no longer carry it. I wanted another since they were so comfortable- I bought 2 pairs from Amazon but despite having the same style number, the stitching was different colors. I returned the one with the light stitching and re-ordered but had the same problem. We called Amazon and they said they would suspend sales of the item until they could check it out. We reordered a couple months later after they started selling it again but got the light stitching yet again. They look much more casual than the correct pair. I believe they are all "seconds" considering the leather is far from consistent on the pair with the correct stitching. I'll add a picture of both pairs.
review image review image review image
on June 15, 2011
I find these nicely straddle the line between a more casual shoe and a more formal shoe and can be worn with both jeans and formal trousers without looking too out of place with either.

They seem to be holding up fairly well after 6 months of reasonably solid use with only minor wear and tear visible.

The worst thing about them are the terrible laces supplied as standard. Even using decent knots they still manage to unravel themselves frequently or lose tension, just replace the laces with something better to save yourself the annoyance.
on October 4, 2012
Tried these on in a store and immediately felt comfort. In fact, all the Rockport shoes I tried on stood out as generally more comfortable than other brands. However, I bought from Amazon because I needed an extra wide size (3E). After buying shoes for years that never fit right or caused discomfort, I finally have a brand I can come home to. Quality built and stylish. I added a supportive insert for my collapsing arch, which fits nicely inside (men's size 11.5-13):

I mostly wear these with casual slacks to work and also with jeans when going out. Had these for two months and walking with them has never presented a problem, like some more expensive shoes I've purchased. One last note is that I usually buy size 14 sneakers for needed room inside. With this shoe, I went down to size 13 and opted for the 3E extra wide. Fits like a dream.
on February 11, 2014
Pros:

* A very comfortable shoe. It's almost as comfortable as wearing a slipper.
* Waterproof.
* Price.
Negatives:
* Darker, and not as attractive as shown on Amazon. Decent looking, but does not match the picture.
* Not sure about its durablity due to its being made in China.
* Once it is worn out, it's disposable. You cannot repair it and get another year or two out of it. Unfortunately most shoes made today are the same unless you pay a premium price.

After three to four months of use the shoe laces needed to be replaced. The rest of the shoe appears to be okay and is still very comfortable. Be prepared to replace the soft cheap 40 inch shoe laces very quickly. Initially they feel nice, but they have zero durability.
on October 20, 2015
Bought these on November 24, 2014 and wore them every day that I worked through October 20, 2015. I put some serious miles on these shoes and put them through heck and back (heat, rain, mud, snow, completely submerged in puddles, etc. etc.). When I say miles I mean at least 5 miles per day (verifiable via FitBit). I retired them today because my big toe on the left side wore through the inner lining on the left shoe so it's causing a little pain.

I never had a single stitch break on the shoe. The outside of the shoe still looks good (I maintained the outside with sno-seal). The sole looks like it could go another year. Aside from the rubbing on the big toe, I would continue wearing these. I highly recommend them.
on May 4, 2016
Bought the dark tan color, which according to the photo has stitching that is the same color as the leather. Turns out that the stiching is an off white color and does not look as dressy to me. See accompanying picture. I returned them.

Color issues aside, these are great shoes. I already own one pair of these and find them very comfortable. Unlike traditional dress shoes, the soles are just thick enough that I don't have to worry about stepping in a small puddle on rainy days. I would say the soles are a medium hardness, meaning they are soft enough that you can wear them comfortably all day but hard enough that you have good support and don't feel every little bump you step on. They are five stars in my opinion; but, I deducted a star for the stitching coloring.
review image
on February 4, 2015
I bought these shoes almost a year ago and just got around to wearing them yesterday. I spent 8 hours mostly on my feet walking and standing on a hard floor. The shoes were super comfortable and my feet felt great at the end of the day! I do have a few comments:

- The sole seems "hard" and footsteps were definitely noticeable on hard floors. More akin to a pair of leather soled shoes than what might be expected from soles of "manmade" materials. Perhaps the harder sole will lead to longer wear but with one day's wear that's hard to say.

- They seem to run just a little bit big, maybe a 1/4 size in length. Width seems right.

- Styling leaves a little to be desired. The better half described them as "ugly, old men shoes." Fortunately I'm at a stage in my life where how my feet feel at the end of the day is far more important to me than what anyone else thinks of my shoes.

I have had several pairs of Rockports over the years and have found all of them to be very comfortable. This pair is certainly seems to be keeping that tradition alive.
on March 20, 2015
Despite being a bit long for 10.5M (which surprised me since lots of reviews said they run short), they seem like they might have been reasonably comfortable, especially after break-in. But I'm sending them back because they look very different than shown here. Besides being substantially lighter, with leather that doesn't look as supple as shown, the stitching on the shoe is very light-colored and prominent. It dominates the appearance. It's not at all the muted, similar-color-as-shoe thread shown here. Also -- not that this was a deal-breaker -- the bottom of the shoe was all black, not two-tone as shown in the picture. This might have been my first and last time ordering shoes online, but I may continue to do so considering that I'm very pleased with the Nunn Bush's I ordered from Penney's site the same day. Anyway, despite the return they seem like decent shoes. I might have kept them if they looked as pictured.
on December 28, 2015
I ordered a pair of these shoes a couple of years ago and thought they were great. I just got my second pair today. I ordered the second pair from the same page as the first pair I ordered (the Amazon page even had a notation that I had bought them before). The second pair look hideous. The stitching is white in part of the shoe and yellow in other parts. The stitching is not brown on any part of the shoe. The shoes look clownish. I'm returning them.