Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 113 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 117 reviews
on July 15, 2014
I've worn Rockport shoes off and on for years. I've liked them for their comfort, but in the early years the look was only a step or two above tennis shoes. When I saw these on sale, I decided to give more stylish shoes a try. The shape of the shoe keeps it from being quite as comfortable as the walking shoes - a little bit long to get the pointed toe effect. However, I can wear them all day without my feet or back hurting and still have a professional look.

If you are looking for a Rockport walking shoe that looks like a dress shoe, this isn't it. But if you are looking for a dress shoe that is more comfortable than the run of the mill wingtip, this is a good shoe to get. I'll probably buy again, but when I see it on sale again.
on June 21, 2015
I love these shoes and have purchased many pair. Beware that the low price comes with a hidden cost: they are next to impossible to re-heel. Happily the heels are slow wearing, so the issue isn't an immediate problem. Unfortunately, the heels are hollow, which in-part accounts for their incredible comfort. It also means that when you have them re-heeled, chances are better than 50-50 the repaired heel will unexpectedly separate from the rest of the shoe, leaving you stranded. Unfortunately, I know this from long experience. Would I buy them again? Yep, but only when on sale. They're amazingly comfortable. But I purchase them knowing up-front I'm trading exceptional comfort and low purchase price for a product that has a relatively short life cycle. Recommended as long as the trade-off makes sense for you.
on February 21, 2015
I have been disappointed with Rockport lately. I used to buy them with the confidence of knowing that they would fit right out of the box and require a minimum time to break in if any at all. I specifically purchased these because they were advertised to be "dress sports" of which I currently own a pair of and they are extremely comfortable. Upon receipt no where on the shoe is the word dressports like my other shoes. Whereas my dressport shoes are subtle soft leather, these shoes are very rigid and are taking months to adequately break in. I will not be purchasing Rockport products again. Another of their shoes delaminated from the sole after only 2 months. I don't know what happened to that great company I knew 10 years ago.
on June 29, 2014
Rockport has always made pretty good shoes. These wear comfortably, though they are are a little snug in the back, above the heel. Good product, a little strange having the rubber soles instead of the leather I've been used to with them in the past. All in all a good buy at the special price I paid. Delivered on time as expected.
on June 17, 2014
I was looking for a decent pair of dress shoes and found these were on sale. I was really hesitant since many reviews indicated the shoe size was too narrow. But in reading over those reviews I found that some of those talked about things like "doesnt fit like my shoes 5 years ago." I concluded that you need to measure your shoe size and keep it current - not use the same size from years ago - Some feet can grow I imagine so its possible the same shoe size won't fit as it did before. In any event I am really happy I bought these - they fit perfectly. I am glad I took a chance since I had originally cancelled my order but decided to reorder them. I also like the rubber soles. They are really comfortable to wear right out of the box and look great.
on December 12, 2013
Bought these based on the other reviews. Ordered my usual size in a wider width, given the comments about the shoes being tight. The shoes looked nice, all things considered. Fit was OK, but I wouldn't have wanted them any narrower so I was glad I ordered the wide width. I noticed that the opening of the shoe came up farther on my foot than any of my other dress shoes. Also, the toe box was rather elongated. My problem was with the heel counter. On both shoes it curved in at the top, and rather than being smooth there was a seam that formed a rather sharp edge. Shoes felt OK when I left for work. By the time I got home (even with normal-thickness wool Gold Toe dress socks) the backs of both of my feet were scraped raw to the point of bleeding. I consider this unacceptable performance for any shoe. Otherwise I would have liked them.
on June 22, 2014
Edit: I decided to wear them around the house for a bit, and they got more comfortable as the day went on. I still think they are too narrow, but I'm not going to risk the 12-wide being too large. Overall I like the quality of the shoe and the smell is nearly gone so I'll keep them rather than deal with the return process.

Original: I normally wear an 11.5, so I ordered a 12D(M) . Unfortunately They are just too narrow for me. I will be returning them. I have always had a normal fit, never needed a wide but that's what I would need here, a 12 wide. Appear to be a good shoe otherwise, and yes they have a very noticeable chem smell.
on November 14, 2013
I have worn rockports for 25 years. Usually you put them on and they feel like they were made for your feet, Not this pair. They were much narrower than any pair I ever purchased. The back of the right shoe had a small buckle in the fabric that would have made them rub in this area. Usually Rockport means quality but NOT THIS PAIR. I sent them back.
on August 30, 2014
For Rockports, I generally tend to buy size 13 instead of my usual size 14 because they tend to make a bigger shoe. In the case of these shoes, they were definitely long enough to accommodate my feet, but they were far too narrow for me. They are a fairly nice looking dress shoe, but the fit was weird for me. I considered returning them for a different size, but I was already at the size cap for what Amazon had in stock, so I was out of luck. Keep in mind, if you buy these you may be surprised by their width.
on September 29, 2014
I've owned Rockport before and have always been happy with them but I bought this pair 7/21 and the insole has split under my big toe on the left shoe. I would like to believe that either Amazaon or Rockport would replace what I believe is a malfuntioned product. Does anyone have any advice how I should go about getting it replaced?

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question