Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 26, 2013
I have had quite a few pairs of Rockports and decided to give these a try. Overall it is a nice comfortable shoe, but they are definitely not as comfortable or as well made as their Margin shoe. I purchased a brown pair and the leather didn't seem to hold up as well and looked scuffed fairly quickly. The sole has also worn much faster than what I've seen with the Margins.

If you're deciding between this and the Rockport Margin, I would recommend the Margin hands down. I've owned 5 or 6 pairs of the Margins and it's definitely worth spending a few bucks extra to get them.
on December 2, 2013
I typically wear Timberland oxford style shoes but purchased (2 pairs actually) these shoes due to a fairly significant savings in my size. Overall the shoe was quite comfortable when new and fits true to size but my experience has quickly declined over time. 3 months after purchase and the first pair are basically shot and ready to be replaced. The leather did not wear gracefully and every scuff and mark is glaring.

The worst part of this shoe by far and the real deal breaker is the fact that the tongue is not affixed in any way, shape or form to the main body of the shoe and it sags severely creating an unsightly and uncomfortable sag/bulge at the base of the tongue. This is not only ugly, but uncomfortable. The tongue is designed so horribly I just order 2 new pairs of Timberland's and will be donating the un-worn pair of Rockport's to charity as they are plain awful.

These shoes should be avoided, they are terrible.
on September 25, 2014
Bought these shoes expecting the Rockport name to give me a quality shoe that would last for several years with good care. Well, after only wearing them for four months the sole on one foot has completely split open on the bottom. Discovered it when my foot got soaked from walking in the rain. I am extremely disappointed and, though they are still wearable and look brand new on the top, I will not be able to ever wear them if there is rain/wet forecast. Also disappointing is that a defect like this doesn't allow me to replace them according to Amazon policy. I don't think anyone who would spend the money on this shoe, with this brand name, would expect to get less than 4 months of use.

Honestly, if it wasn't for this. I love the shoes. They were a bit painful to break in but they look great and are now very comfortable.
on June 10, 2014
I purchased these as an alternative to the Northfield Oxfords which were very comfortable but the rubber sole wore down too fast. The sole on these shoes, while more durable than the Northfield, split across the ball of both shoes within three months of wear. I am a copier service tech and only use these for work which involves walking in the normal business environment and kneeling etc. when servicing a machine. I only wore them every other business day to allow them to breathe and alternate with another pair of shoes which equates to around 30 days of actual use. A shame really as I found them super comfortable from the get-go. As a consequence I have now ordered a pair of Nunn Bush Baker St. Oxfords to see how they perform.

Edit: After a bit of research, I have discovered that soles made of injected PU (Polyurethane) have a 'shelf life' that varies according to production methods. I suspect the shoes I purchased must have been at the end of their shelf life and that was the major contributing factor to why the soles on both shoes split after less than 3 months alternate-day wear.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2017
These shoes just completely gave up the ghost today. Both heels completely cracked and separated and whatever composition the rubber sole was made of, must have decayed or debonded. The shoes were worn sparingly and were in good condition and kept away from direct sunlight. It did last three years but expected more use. The soles were still new when it happened. Will not recommend Rockport again.
on November 9, 2014
I love my Rockport Margins, I've lost count of how many pairs I've had. With the Margin getting hard to find, I thought this would make a fine alternative in a very similar style, but this one is killing my right heel. If I wear these for a day, I have to wear the Margin (that I bought about the same time) for a week or so until the pain subsides. I've given it a good try, but I have to stop.

Oh, and there's a burr in one of the eyelets that makes me go through shoelaces faster than I should.

I just ordered another pair of Margins, these Editorial Offices are going to be polished up and given to a charity.
on January 28, 2013
I cannot say enough good things about these shoes, altough they weren't as comfortable as these "Rockport Men's World Tour Classic Walking Shoe, Brown Tumbled,14 W US" . My husband works in IT and is on his feet all day. He needed wide shoes that was comfortable from first wearing. These ift the bill almost perfectly and the price was phenomenal.
on April 27, 2014
I have purchased these shoes as I like the style and they are comfortable many times over. The last pair I purchsed on 11/17/13 lasted for 6 months and the soles cracked in half. In spite of it I will try them one more time. If they crack again in 6 months I am through with them.
It appears I cannot return them for an exchange after 2 months so I lost out this time. I wish I could post a picture as the soles are like new except for the deep crack across the ball of the foot.
on March 14, 2017
Excellent
on March 13, 2017
Good

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question