Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 236 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 247 reviews
VINE VOICEon January 12, 2016
I used to buy Rockports in the '80s when they were made in the USA. Later, as they outsourced their manufacturing to various overseas locations, I found that both the quality and fit of their product varied a lot. I quit buying them and went on a shoe journey that ended with Mephisto walkers being my "go-to" shoe. Expensive, but the only modern equivalent of the old Rockports, IMO.

Fast forward to 2015. Rockports are still made in various outsource locations. However, they seem to have corrected the quality issues I noted before. Also, with Amazon's free return shipping policy, I am able to get around the inconsistent sizing issue, which still exists. That said, once I find a pair that fits, the new Lockport shoes are great for me.

These lace-up, waterproof cap-toes are the perfect shoe for me to wear to work in the 2016 "el Nino" rain in California. I was able to find a pair that fit me well with one cycle of return (the first pair was too big). They look good and have held up well in the use I've given them. I recommend these shoes if you need a bit of inclement weather support in your daily dress shoe. Make sure you look at the fit recommendations on Amazon and perhaps you can avoid the one fitting cycle I had. On sale, these were about $60, which is an outstanding shoe value. They are normally over $100 locally. Of course, even that is a bargain compared to my previous $275 Mephistos! In fact, a Mephisto re-sole is $140, so that is also more than a new pair of these.

I now have a small fleet of Rockports of various styles and recommend them highly. Just know that each style has its own sizing issues.
on November 15, 2016
UPDATED REVIEW - INITIAL REVIEW BELOW

After 3 months - the replacement shoes I received have completely fallen apart - The sole in the right shoe just disintegrated. Having been a long time Rockport customer, I am disappointed that their standards have dropped so far. I will no longer purchase Rockport Shoes.

---------------------------------

I had to return my first pair of these shoes because the left shoe made an embarrassing popping noise with each step I took. Amazon made that process easy and the replacements are perfect!

The replacements were wonderful - they look very dressy and are super comfortable. I wear them daily I will buy them again!
on October 24, 2016
I've been a Rockport fan since my first pair back in 2000, ever since then, Rockport have been my only choice of work footwear, but they're hard to find in the UK, so recently I've been buying and importing from the US. Having a waterproof shoe is essential in Britain, especially in the winter months and previously I've always been satisfied... until I bought these. I had them in my wardrobe for a while, waiting for my previous shoes to expire through usage. When I wore these for the first time in the rain, they didn't just get slightly damp, these leaked like a faucet, within seconds my feet were soaking. When I removed the insole to try and find out why, I discovered that they have a cardboard sole, all previous Rockport's have had a leather upper - if you're looking for a waterproof shoe DO NOT BUY THESE.
on October 21, 2015
NOT WATERPROOF! I bought these for my husband for our honeymoon. We knew that it would rain for at least a couple of days while we were in Italy and I wanted him to have nice looking, waterproof shoes to wear to dinner. What a disappointment! It was pouring rain after dinner one night and his feet were soaked in the downpour. It was a relatively short walk, about 10 minutes, and I could hear his wet feet squishing in the shoes. His sneakers held up better than the Rockports in the rain!

The shoes are comfortable enough for everyday wear, but I bought these because they were advertised as *waterproof*. Take your chances on something else!
on June 29, 2017
Beware. The shoes I received are slightly different. They do not have the high gloss finish as in the images. The images shown are not the exact shoe you will receive. They are Rockports w/ capped toe but not exactly the same. I contacted the seller and they told me that the images are outdated or an older version of the shoe and the ones I received are the proper items. They offered a refund but would not exchange the shoes for the ones pictured.
on November 10, 2016
Be careful, the picture is of the Ellingwood shoe item # K71016 which is a nice shoe. You can zoom in on the picture that shows the inside of the shoe and K71016 is displayed...that is the show I thought I was buying, however V73839 was sent. It's a similar shoe, but of lesser quality. Be careful buying, know what the shoe is.
on May 16, 2017
The shoes fit nicely but rub a little on the back of my heel. I wear a bandaid as a cushion and hope that after the shoes break in they won't rub any further. They are comfortable…at least as comfortable as can be expected for a dress shoe. Thankfully I don't have to wear them often and then for only a few hours at a time.
on September 3, 2017
They are a nice shoe tgat fit well. The finish is good and is holding up well. The soles do in fact squeak on waxed surfaces, but so far has worked well in the rain. I would buy them again.
on December 14, 2016
Shoes squeak way too much to wear on non-carpeted floors. Tried 2 different pairs and same horrible squeaking with both. There are other Rockports that are fine, however, stay away from these shoes unless you enjoy squeaking around the office all day. No problems with the seller and received my refund immediately.
on May 5, 2016
I am never comfortable wearing shoes. I take my shoes off whenever I can, walking around in my socks at home or at my office except when I must appear less casual. That is my problem, due to neuropathy or some other undiagnosed medical malady. But these shoes are more comfortable than any others I could use as dress shoes and as comfortable as my most comfortable casual shoes.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.