Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 32 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 33 reviews
on April 24, 2013
Pros:
Quality build.
Nice looking shoe (exactly as pictured).
Substantial tread and sole.
Weatherproof, yet stylish, a good combo.
Hearty shoe.
Accepts orthotic inserts (in principle)...can affect fit (see cons below).

Cons:
Extremely stiff upper.
Forefoot / Toe flexing is harsh...discomfort during break-in (like folding plastic).
Heel pads sit too low (note the model name: "LOW Oxford").
With standard, thin inserts the heel pad height is annoying.
With proper inserts (like Powerstep or Polysorb) heel sits far too low.
Shoe can cause discomfort and blisters on the heel.
Needs an extra lace grommet, similar to running shoes, to mitigate heel design flaw.

I'd recommend trying on this shoe in a store before buying. It is a great deal, and if it fits well and you don't mind discomfort during break-in, great. However, if you plan to use proper inserts, at a minimum you would be wise to try this shoe on with the inserts in-situ and do some serious testing before purchase. Cheers.
on August 22, 2013
Admittedly, I am a big Rockport fan and I think this shoe is over the top - for what it is. It is definitely a casual shoe with rugged good looks, stout-oil tanned leather, moccasin stitching and a fairly aggressive sole. The box also says it is water resistant which should make it a good candidate for winter wear here on the Coastal Range in California. I have pretty lousy feet and use off-the-shelf orthotic inserts in all of my shoes, and these are no exception. On the other hand, if you have more normal feet, they have a very decent insert that should do nicely. The leather is actually stout enough to take a few days to break in and I suspect it will wear very well. As for comfort, all I can say is that is why I buy Rockports. I have little doubt they will become my new go to shoe when I expect to spend a long day on my feet.

These are not 'dressy' shoes, but look good enough for me to show up to work in on casual days.

I hope everyone else likes them as well as I do.
on December 19, 2014
Beautiful shoes, comfortable, but very poor craftsmanship. Frankly, the most disappointing quality in Rockport ever. Came with a defect already (not sawn well on the side), pieces of the soil fell out, but what's worse the soil cracked and began to let water in withing 13 months of ownership. Mind you, I live where cold, show and mud don't allow to wear low top shoes 7-8 months out of a year anf this was not my only pair of shoes. So basically, I wore them for only 7-8 months 4 days in a week, which gave it under 130 days lifespan at best. I find this unacceptable.
on April 30, 2013
These are nice looking shoes. However, when I put on the shoes after receiving them they felt too tight on the top of my feet. Loosening the laces did not help. It's a shame since the cushioning felt pretty good when walking in them. Fortunately, Amazon has a great return policy.
on March 27, 2013
Have only had these for a short time but am satisfied. My usual size seems a little big but better than a little small.
I have worn them in wet weather and no leakage to report, nice and dry.
These are the first purchase of this brand but I would purchase them again as I bought them on my wife's recommendation as she has a a pair of women's shoes for years and loves them.
The moral here is guys always listen to your wife/girlfriend, at least when it comes to buying any item of apparel.
on May 13, 2013
The quality is good, the professionalism involved in the manufacturing process is evident upon inspection of this well-made shoe. The support offered by the insole is comfortable and more than adequate.
I am trying to replace a pair of discontinued Rockports and if this pair was an 11.5 wide like the box said and not a medium like the shoe and my right foot said, I would have gladly given 5 stars. You can not beat Rockport for comfort or quality. Free returns with Prime are worth the fee.
Richie
on December 19, 2013
Finally I purchased shoes that are super comfortable. They feel like I'm walking on cushions. They're high quality trendy "wear anywhere" kinda shoes that Amazon has for a fantastic price. Exactly what I was looking for in a shoe purchase. THANK YOU AMAZON!
on February 19, 2013
I like the shoe not as comfy as it looks. It looks good with attires, and I would like to say the same let it get old and see how it works.
on September 12, 2013
Great shoes, used them to walk all over the oldest rock on earth, Newfoundland (500 billion years plus).

Very comfortable and water proof as well.

Paying $30 shipping fee because I am Canadian is a bit of a downer but the shoe price and quality were excellent.

David Gowing
dgg
on March 27, 2014
Price was very good, fit was way off. I wear a pair of Rockports now and thought it would be as simple as ordering the same size, but the fit wasn't even close. The shipping was fast and the return process even easier, but the size selection for any possibility of a re-order was terrible. Looked more like an overstock selection than a shoe store.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.