Check out Santa's new ride Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

on October 27, 2015
I had a pair of Bostonian shoes before these Rockports. I was disappointed with their durability. The leather uppers cracked and the heels wore more quickly than I would have liked. Admittedly, I expect to get well over five years out of a pair of shoes.

Other Rockport shoes I have owned have been very durable and these had good reviews, so I thought I would give them a try. I can not address the arch support for these shoes. Since I wear orthotics, I immediately removed the insole and replaced it with my orthotics, which fit perfectly. It took approximately one week before the shoes broke in and felt like they fit me perfectly. I wear them five days a week to work, where I walk or stand about half the day.

These shoes initially appear to be much better made than the Bostonians they replaced. However, only time will tell if that proves true. My wife is not at all impressed with the style, although I like what I consider to be its functional good looks. I have rated them four stars because I don't yet know how they will hold up over time. If I remember I will update my review in five years. :0)
on June 6, 2017
The shoes were a at least a half size small. I have had several Rockports in the past and 9 1/2 has always fit. When the shoes arrived, they looked like someone else had tried to wear them before me.

The 10 M was too large. The 9.5 pair I returned were manufactured in China , and ran small. A size 10 M from that manufactured may have fit. Instead, I was sent a size 10 M manufactured in Vietnam, which were huge.
on October 26, 2017
Extra wide REALLY IS extra wide! In reality, I commend Rockport for making shoes large enough to fit. The fact that I returned these for a narrower size is my responsibility. It's just that I have always found it difficult to find shoes wide enough. So, I naturally figured XW would be the right choice.

Aside from width, the length was the other issue. A 13 is somewhat long but a 12 would definitely be too small. Sure wish half sizes in the larger shoes was offered.

Any, this will be the second pair of Rockport Margins I have owned and I do really like them. The style is a bit muted but the comfort and durability is exceptional. ( I've worn most of the lettering off the inside of the tongues on the first pair, hence was not certain what size those were. ). However, the rest of the shoes are holding up amazingly well.
on July 23, 2013
First of all, I want to say that these are great shoes! I've bought a pair at least once a year for the past 6 years and have always gotten the "Chocolate" color which is of a dark brown shade. This time however, I wanted a change and saw the "Espresso" which, according to the Amazon pics, are an even DARKER brown suede color.

So I was pretty disappointed upon opening the package and finding that they are nothing like the pictures. They are a MUCH lighter shade than what's shown for "Espresso." I am unable to post pictures here that I took of them, but if any of you are familiar with the Pantone Matching System, they match PMS 4655 C.

I immediately emailed the shipper of this and they said they'd gladly allow a return...on my "dime" of course. :-/

The reason why they don't get a 5-star is because, as others have said, they do squeak and it's kind of embarrassing here in the office when I walk on the laminated floor areas.
on September 3, 2017
The shoes were comfortable from the start. I wore these with a jacket and tie for business casual. These would not be dressy enough for a formal occasion in my opinion but look nice for slacks and a nice shirt: even jeans I think.
I don't know how much wear I'll get from them as they are already slightly creased after 5 days of use. I'll know more on down the road.
on October 23, 2017
I've have worn this shoe for 15 yrs. The quality has declined over the years and this last pair I ordered one shoe was considerably smaller. I know one foot is bigger than the other but I have ordered the same size every time without problems until now. I tried my shoe stretcher but the man-made materials they use now just doesn't stretch like the leather. If they fit properly I would have given them a 3.5 star.
on July 6, 2016
Can't say enough about these. Heavy duty leather but not stiff. This is my second pair. Bought this new pair because I'm having my first pair re-heeled, had them about 3 years, upper is still perfect, and sole is in good condition. Quality stitching. Before buying my first pair I went to a very high end store and bought a pair of Cole-Hann's, $325. They fell apart in 6 months, took them back, then gave the Rockport's a try. These are great dress shoes, lightweight, sturdy, comfortable, I wear them all day. Keeps a shine. Recommended.
on November 17, 2017
Very comfortable right out of the box. The insoles are very soft. Combined with the shock absorbing soles, the shoes feel as though I am walking barefoot on plush carpet. I normally wear NB 12 4E shoes. Comparing the two in respect to size, they are the same.
on April 27, 2017
I have purchased this particular shoe for years. Usually had 2 pairs I rotated.

Sadly, I think I've purchased my last pair.

Like others have noted the material of the uppers has clearly changed, I know the place of manufacture certainly has. It used to be China and now it's Vietnam. The material may still be leather but it sure feels different. Not as much give and it chafes.

Oh well, I had a good run.
on October 30, 2017
I've had problems finding my size (12 to 12 1/2 wide) in stores and I was getting desperate so I read some reviews and these seem pretty good. I took the plunge and so far they fit very well and feel comfortable. I wear inserts and these shoes took them with no problems at all. I put some polish on them and they shine very nice. It's only been about a month so we'll see how long they last - so far, so good. If they last a decent amount of time I plan on buying these again.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.