Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,831 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,941 reviews
on September 14, 2016
2 months, and the sole of the left shoe separated from the upper.

I love Rockports and have always sought them out. I've had five or six pairs over the last decade. I'm always happy to pay a premium for quality and until this purchase, I associated quality with Rockport.

I'm extremely saddened to no longer be able to trust Rockport shoes. Right now, it's too late to return, with no option from Amazon if the product is defective. At least expected a way to contact the manufacturer. I hope to be able to get a replacement, but for now, I'm at work, walking on a bad pair of shoes that probably won't last the day. I'll be barefoot soon.

For Amazon, I have been trying out buying shoes and clothing, but now realize that if there's a defect and it shows up after a short while, I have no recourse, or none that I can readily see. It would be nice that in the case where the product really is defective, that you make it easier to show how one can contact the manufacturer.
review image
22 comments| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 30, 2016
I have been using this model for about 10 years. I worn out at least two pairs during that time. I loved the "old" model, which had an extremely comfortable sole (it felt literally like walking on air). However, I reached the point where my old Eurekas were falling apart and had to find replacements. I was very glad to find them in Amazon (particularly because they had the Wide version). Having used Eurekas f(in normal size 12) or so long, I did not hesitate to buy them (in fact I bought both brown and black versions). I was expecting the 12 W version to fit even better (I have wide feet) than the old 12 Normal. I was to be disappointed.

The first thing I noticed is that the new 12W version is not wider than the old 12 normal. I did not think much of it because since they were of the same width as the old model, I assume they would fit as well. They did not.

Another important feature is the sole. The new sole is not as magnificent as the old one (the cushioning effect in my old shoes is much better than the one in the new ones I bought). Again, I did not think much of it.

So confident I was that these Eurekas would work that I took them with me to Mexico to wear them at a conference. Big mistake. As soon I walked with them for a day, they started bothering my feet and I had no choice but keep wearing them. Apparently the upper leather is not as soft as the one in the old shoes that the rigidity of the sole and the narrow width created havoc in my feet.

As soon as I return to the US, I'll return the pair I did not use. I am disappointed.
33 comments| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 1, 2016
The black version is defective. There is one eyelet that is not installed properly, on two different pair, and the eyelet tears the lace. I thought that it was just a bad shoe then the replacement showed up with the same defect. I tried to contact Rockport but I couldn't get any help from them, I purchased a brown pair and a black pair and so far only the black ones are defective, again on two consecutive pairs os shoes the exact same defect
on March 9, 2017
Do NOT buy these shoes!

My husband had worn this shoe for years and has owned 2,3 or maybe more pairs. These shoes are NOT the same as the old ones despite the same name. They are so uncomfortable that he has been unable to wear them more than 10 minutes. The return period has expired. He will give the shoes to charity and hope that someone else can tolerate them.
on November 16, 2015
Sometimes I try to cut corners... buying cheap shoes at a major discount retailer is one way to do that. Sometimes it's fine, but with shoes it doesn't work. These shoes are excellent and still reasonably priced. They last longer, and are far more comfortable than the $30ish dress shoes available at discount. It's night and day. I do a lot of walking because of where I work and these shoes are far more durable. No question they are cheaper over all and that doesn't even address the comfort.

When I get home from work, I leave these shoes on. They are that good. Previous shoes I've tried that tried to hit that line of dress but comfortable always came off instantly when I got home and the never lasted as long.
on April 18, 2015
The tongue tended to bite into my upper foot, but I eliminated that by unlacing the last two eyelets and folding up the tongue. Now I can slip my shoes on and off without having to tie or untie my shoelaces. I have a pair of Keene hiking shoes and the tongue on those shoes is placed above the gap that laces up, thereby preventing the tongue from biting into my upper foot.

Not the most comfortable shoe, but I am still breaking them in. The Rockports give me plenty of toe space.

UPDATE: It has been over three weeks since I received these shoes. Today, (05/06/2015) I tried lacing the shoes all the way up. Good news! Now the tongue doesn't bite into my foot, and because I have laced them all the way up, my feet don't slip around in them anymore. It was just a matter of breaking in the shoe to soften up the tongue.

Anyway, now you have your fix and final positive result. Will get back to you if any further developments.
on January 5, 2015
We travel overseas a lot and this is my husbands "go to" shoe. To rip off a phrase - he wouldn't leave home without it. The shoe is very well made, fits very well and is comfortable. Comfort is a huge factor, as we do a lot of walking overseas. Also, this shoe is not so casual that he can't wear it for dinner. Thus, it eliminates having to take a pair of dress shoes. When the suitcase weight is important, leaving a pair of shoes home is wonderful. I'd rather have that weight used for those items that I can't pass by! Oh, I almost forgot the most important feature. This shoe is very, very water resistant! We travel in the spring and fall, notorious for rain in Europe. And, although we've been caught in some torrential downpours, hubby has never had wet feet! I can't say the same for my shoes. All in all, it's a great shoe, even if you don't travel. Best price I've found. Don't hesitate to order this.
on July 19, 2017
I travelled to Europe for a little over a month this summer. I needed a shoe for business and casual and one which could handle a lot of walking.

STYLE: This shoe looks good with dress slacks, jeans, dcokers, and cargo shorts. The gamut. So I was able to take exatly ONE pair of shoes on my extended, mixed-purpose trip.

COMFORT: This is the best part: I walked on average about 7-8 miles a day. A lot of the walking was often on rough paving bricks and all of it was on hard surfaces. My feet remained very comfortable throughout all this walking. The shoes are extremely light, yet also well-padded. Score it a 100 on comfort on a pretty trying road trip.

DURABILITY: Yes, there is an issue with sole separation at the toe. It has started on my shoe, although I thought that it was because the toe was catching on uneven cobblestones. I will wait and see how far it goes. But in fairness, I have put about 250 miles on these shoes already.

So I give it a four star based on it being great for everything except durability.

UPDATE: After another month or so the toe separation has ceased. It was never more than a small (1/8 inch?) separation at the very tip of the toe. I glued it shut and no problems. Still a great shoe for comfort and flexible in its range of dressiness.
on January 22, 2015
I own a pair of these shoes that I purchased about 4 years ago. They fit great and are very comfortable. The ones I just purchased are not so good. Instead of following the natural contour of the foot, these shoes are too rounded at the toe, allowing the toe to wander. There is also too much space from top to bottom at the tip of the toe. On my previous pair, the toe sloped slightly downward at the toe, whereas, on these, there is a slight upward slope. The sole is much stiffer, but the inserts are thinner. I walked on them for a day and finally purchased some Dr. Scholls inserts which made them more comfortable. The leather seems of good quality and the stitching is good, so I hope they will work out for me in spite of the problems I mentioned.
1/23/15 Update: Even with the Dr. Scholls insoles, the shoes are still not very comfortable. The balls of my big toes are squeezed at the top. The soles still seem stiff. Even though I put some conditioner on the leather, it is still stiff and not flexible. They look nice, so I can wear them at the office but thank goodness I still have my older pair of Rockports and my pair of New Balance walkers for any serious walking.
on May 29, 2016
I bought these because I needed a good shoe I could comfortably stand in for many hours at a time, while also fitting my orthotics well.

These are some of the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. I have flat feet, and my orthotics easily go into this shoe when I pull out the original inserts.

My biggest complain with these shoes is that they make my feet, and as a result my entire body, very hot. These are definitely not shoes I could wear comfortably unless the temperature was below 65 degrees, or unless I was only wearing them for about an hour at a time. These will make great winter shoes, but for warmer weather I find a good pair of Crocs a better shoe for standing many hours while accommodating my orthotics.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.