Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 101 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 106 reviews
on October 6, 2012
Bought these in Chili a few weeks ago after looking for a pair of casual/semi-dress penny loafers for quite some time to replace my worn-out favorite pair of shoes that I think I originally got at Cabelas but they unfortunately no longer carry. These Rockports are a lighter leather construction yhan those, but comfortable and good looking so I'm very happy with them.

Big thanks to Gator and Brian for the heads up on sizing, they saved me from reshipping! I normally wear an 8M. Ordered 7.5M and they fit well when wearing with white 1/4 height socks and jeans. When worn with thinner dress socks they are still a bit loose, particularly in the heel. I just ordered another pair in black now that the cost has gone down and considered going to a 7 as I'll only wear those with dress socks, but I'm concerned about the length so I ordered that pair in 7.5 too.
on August 7, 2012
I'm a big fan of Rockports -- I have never found any dress shoes to be as comfortable. I own 4 pair of their dress shoes and now two pair of their loafers. This loafer is a nice shoe, but definitely runs large. I started with my normal size 8 (which is what I wear in all of my Rockports) exchanged them for a half size smaller, and even those are slightly too big, especially in the heel. I'd suggest starting off a half-size smaller than normal.
on June 24, 2014
They are comfortable but a little to big, should have not got the W size but it was all you had. Biggest problem with the shoes is the sound the make walking on tile flooring. They squeak really loud to the point of embarrassment. The problem seems to be the type rubber on the bottom of the shoes. I have a pair of Rockports I bought about 10yrs ago that were the best shoes I have EVER had. It seems unfortunately they are no longer made, at least I couldn't find them. So I ordered these thinking they would be the same in comfort and performance. They look a lot like the old pair I have but the resemblance stops there. It seems Rockports are just not made the way the use to be. A little disappointed...
on December 21, 2012
This is my third pair of Rockports--three completely different styles--and I've been very happy with every one. They all fit beautifully, require no break-in, wear well, and are fairly priced.

I have very wide feet, and these penny loafers, which I ordered in chili, size 10-2E, fit me perfectly. The toe is very slightly squared, which I think is due to how wide they are; otherwise the toe would have to be longer, which I wouldn't want. The color goes well with chinos and other earth tones, and I can wear them any time a formal shoe isn't required. They have an oiled finish that's not polished, so they scratch easily, but the scratches rub away. I've walked all day in them without any irritation or discomfort, right out of the box. No break-in required at all, no ankle rubbing. Highly recommended. (Note: if you really want to stash a penny in these, you can't--the classic penny loafer design isn't attached to the toe so the penny would fall right out.)
on July 25, 2013
We'd all wear sandals and running shoes to work if we could, right? If you're like me, you can't, so these shoes are the next best thing. These are very light weight, very pliable and soft leather, and cushiony. They come with a removable, cushioned insole, just like running shoes, and the actual sole is also cusiony. I sometimes forget I have on "work" shoes, they are so comfortable.

Only a couple of minor drawbacks: they tend to run about a half size large, so try on a pair somewhere first to make sure you have the right size, if you're ordering on line. The other thing is that they tend to make your feet warm, probaly because of the use of non-natural materials.

Overall, a good looking, comfortable shoe.
on September 3, 2012
I got for a great price. I'm on my feet quite a bit at work so the cushioning is appreciated. Stylish look fit was spot on. Seems to be a different type of leather doesn't have a gloss to them. Great light day work shoe.
on May 10, 2012
Although not the best looking of my penny loafers, it's not bad looking either; but the comfort is phenomenal that is expected of Rockport. Well made and I believe you could walk for miles in these and never tire. When it comes to comfort, Rockport is #1.
on January 26, 2014
The Rockport Men's WS Penny Loafer became the most comfortable pair of shoes I have ever worn as soon as I slipped into them! The leather is immediately soft to the touch right out of the box. The cushioning in the soles, along with the way the body of the shoe gently cradles my feet is most unexpected. As with any new shoe there are a couple of small friction points on my left foot, at the heel and ankle, that I am confident will soon disappear as I "wear them in." I intend to replace my closet full of tennis shoes with more of these Penny Loafer Rockies.
on February 20, 2014
The XW designation is open to debate; there being no industry standards for equivalents for W, EE, etc. As far as I got, you need to be an EE or have no arch to get it on.
The issue with this style is that there is no "give" in the upper (stretchy inserts). A wide foot with a high arch (mine) cannot get in. Folding down the heel and then pulling it back up might work, but why buy a shoe where you have to do that? (One company does make shoes with that feature, but much more casual than loafers.)
on January 1, 2014
it runs about two sizes too large and all of the extra length is in the heel. I've never seen anything like it before, but the dimensioning was horrible. I tried a 15 first (my normal size) then a 14 and found it to be similarly oddly proportioned. Was really disappointed because it was a nice looking shoe and would have been comfortable if it fit right. I did find another pair of Rockport Washington Square loafers, NOT THE PENNY LOAFER, that fit perfectly as fourteens for me. Obviously a different factory.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.