+ $9.95 shipping
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- A PROVEN METHOD TO LEARN GUITAR FAST National research studies have found that Rocksmith is the fastest way to learn guitar*. Over 95% of players have improved their skills. Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned player, Rocksmith gets you results, fast.*National study by Research Media Group Inc.
- For technical assistance, the company Ubisoft has US phone agents ready to take your call at 1-888-610-2622 from 9 a.m. to midnight Eastern time on weekdays, and from Noon to 9:00 p.m. Eastern time on weekends. You may also submit an online request at http://support.ubi.com to get a subsequent reply by e-mail.
- LEARN YOUR FAVORITE SONGS Select from over 50 hit tracks, ranging from alternative rock, to heavy metal, and more. You will learn to play your favorite songs, step-by-step and note-for-note, with tutorials along the way.
- DESIGNED FOR EASE AND SPEED A new fully-customizable Riff Repeater lets you select your section, difficulty, and speed on-the-fly. Master Mode has been revamped to make learning by memory more approachable.
- GET PLUGGED IN Rocksmith 2014 Edition is compatible with the original Rocksmith Real Tone Cable that plugs any real guitar** directly into Xbox 360, PS3, PC, or Mac. **Guitar requires standard 1/4" output jack.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
The Fastest Way To Learn Guitar
Join over 3 million people who have learned to play guitar with the award-winning Rocksmith method. Rocksmith becomes your personal guitar teacher as it monitors how you play, dynamically adjusts the difficulty to your skill level, and then slowly introduces more phrases and techniques until you’re playing your favorite songs note-for-note.
A Great Gift For Guitar Owners Of All Skill Levels
Rocksmith includes a lifetime’s worth of guitar and bass lessons, all in one box. Over 80 interactive lessons will help teach you almost every technique associated with guitar and bass. Everything from the basics of holding a pick to advanced techniques like tapping are covered in detail with multi-camera videos.
Learn To Play Hit Songs By The Original Artists
From the moment you begin, you’ll be learning to play actual songs. Rocksmith includes over 50 songs from artists including Aerosmith, Alice Cooper, Avenged Sevenfold, Def Leppard, Foo Fighters, Kiss, Iron Maiden, Muse, Nirvana, oasis, Radiohead, Rise Against, The Rolling Stones, System of a Down, Weezer, The Who, and many more.
Hundreds more songs are available to download with added purchase.
|Guitar Type||Electric Guitar or Bass||Acoustic-Electric Guitar or Bass||Acoustic Guitar or Bass|
|Requirements||1/4" output jack||1/4" output jack||Acoustic pickup with a 1/4" output jack (not included) or a dedicated USB microphone (not included).|
|How It Works||Plug in your guitar or bass with the included cable||Plug in your guitar or bass with the included cable||Option A: Plug the included cable into your acoustic pickup with a 1/4" output jack (not included). Option B: Plug your dedicated USB microphone into your console or computer and position it near you pointing towards your acoustic instrument.|
|Songs Included on Disc||Over 50||Over 50 (including 30+ acoustic friendly tracks)||Over 50 (including 30+ acoustic friendly tracks)|
|Songs Available for Download with Added Purchase||Over 800||Over 800 (including 500+ acoustic friendly tracks)||Over 800 (including 500+ acoustic friendly tracks)|
“Rocksmith is the most fun and effective way to improve your guitar skills.”
– Jim Rosenberg, President of Epiphone Guitars.
“I wish I had Rocksmith when I was learning guitar.”
– Jerry Cantrell, Lead Guitarist/Vocalist of Alice in Chains
“Rocksmith is one of the best learning software products I’ve ever seen.”
– Chris Swain, Founder of University of Southern California Games Institute.
“It’s smooth, flexible, always encouraging, and makes practicing a pleasure rather than a chore.”
PC System Requirements
Supported OS: Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core2 Duo E6750 or 2.8 GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ (3.06 GHz Intel Core i3-540 or 3.30 GHz AMD Athlon II X3 455 or better recommended) RAM: 2 GB (4 GB or greater recommended) Video Card: 256 MB DirectX 9.0c-compliant with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (see supported list)* Sound Card: DirectX-compatible Hard Drive Space: 12 GB Peripherals Supported: Keyboard, mouse, microphone, Rocksmith Real Tone Cable (USB 2.0 port required) Internet required for activation Supported Video Cards at Time of Release: AMD Radeon HD 2600 XT / 3000 / 4000 / 5000 / 6000 / 7000 series NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT / 9 / 200 / 400 / 500 / 600 / 700 series Laptop versions of these cards may work, but are not supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game.
Mac System Requirements
Supported OS: X Processor: 2.4GHz or 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 3MB on-chip shared L2 cache and 1066MHz frontside bus (3.1 GHz Intel Core i3-540 or better recommended). RAM: 4 GB Video Card: 256MB Nvidia GeForce 8600GT or ATI Radeon HD 2600 (512MB Nvidia GT 240 or 512MB ATI Radeon HD 5670 or better recommended). Hard Drive Space: 12 GB Peripherals Supported: Keyboard, mouse, microphone, Rocksmith Real Tone Cable (USB 2.0 port required) Internet required for activation
From the Manufacturer
Rocksmith 2014 Edition
The Fastest Way to Learn Guitar
Join over 1.5 million people who have learned to play guitar with the award-wining Rocksmith method. Plug any real guitar or bass directly into your computer or game console, and you’ll learn to play in just 60 days.
The all-new Rocksmith 2014 Edition is bigger, better, and faster than ever. Rebuilt from the ground-up, you’ll experience vastly improved response time, user-friendly navigation, more flexible and deeper practice tools, new techniques and tunings, over 50 new hit songs, and much more.
With the revolutionary Session Mode, Rocksmith 2014 Edition takes guitar-learning to the next level by allowing you to play guitar with a virtual band that follows your every lead. Select from an assortment of backing instruments or styles, and Session Mode plays along with you in real-time.
Take the 60-Day Challenge and start learning guitar today with Rocksmith 2014 Edition.
Key Game Features
A Proven Method to Learn Guitar Fast
An independent national research study found that Rocksmith is the fastest way to learn guitar. Over 95% of players have improved their guitar skills. Whether you're a beginner touching a guitar for the first time, or a seasoned player mastering your sound, Rocksmith gets you results, fast.
Learn Your Favorite Songs
Select from over 50 hit tracks, ranging from alternative rock, to heavy metal, to classic rock, and more. You will learn to play your favorite songs, step-by-step and note-for-note, with tutorials along the way. Rocksmith 2014 Edition is also backward compatible with the songs you have from the original Rocksmith.
Designed for Ease and Speed
Features are now more accessible and flexible than ever. A new fully-customizable Riff Repeater lets you select your section, difficulty, and speed on-the-fly. Master Mode has been revamped to make learning by memory more approachable. Or jump into new and improved Guitarcade mini-games to hone your skills.
Learn to Jam with Session Mode
Session Mode lets you experience playing alongside a virtual band. Choose your own combination of instruments to follow your lead. With on-screen prompts and objectives that motivate learning and improvement, you can enjoy the feeling of jamming whether you’re a beginner or advanced player.
Get Plugged In
Rocksmith 2014 Edition is compatible with the original Rocksmith Real Tone Cable that plugs any real guitar** directly into an Xbox 360, PS3, PC, or Mac.
For technical assistance, the company Ubisoft has US phone agents ready to take your call at 1-888-610-2622 from 9 a.m. to midnight Eastern time on weekdays, and from Noon to 9:00 p.m. Eastern time on weekends. You may also submit an online request at http://support.ubi.com to get a subsequent reply by e-mail.
Rocksmith 2014 Edition features over 50 hit songs, including:
- Aerosmith – Walk This Way
- Alice In Chains – Stone
- Arctic Monkeys – R U Mine?
- Avenged Sevenfold – Bat Country
- Bob Dylan – Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door
- Def Leppard – Pour Some Sugar On Me (2012)
- Foo Fighters – Everlong
- Green Day – X-Kid
- Iron Maiden – The Trooper
- Jack White – Sixteen Saltines
- Joe Satriani – Satch Boogie
- Kiss – Rock And Roll All Nite
- Muse – Knights of Cydonia
- Nirvana – Heart Shaped Box
- Oasis – Don’t Look Back In Anger
- Pantera – Cemetery Gates
- Paramore – Now
- Queen – We Are The Champions
- R.E.M. – Losing My Religion
- Radiohead – Paranoid Android
- Ramones – Blitzkrieg Bop
- Rise Against – Savior
- Rush – The Spirit Of Radio
- Slayer – War Ensemble
- System Of A Down – Hypnotize
- The Kinks – You Really Got Me
- The Police – Every Breath You Take
- The Rolling Stones – Paint It, Black
- The Shins – For A Fool
- The Smashing Pumpkins – The Chimera
- The Who – My Generation
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – Mary Jane’s Last Dance
- Weezer – Say It Ain’t So
- AND MANY MORE
*Research Strategy Group Inc. – March 2013 – US nationwide in-home placement study
**Guitar requires standard 1/4" output jack.
Quickly and easily compare the different versions of Rocksmith to determine which one is right for you.
|Rocksmith 2014 Edition||Rocksmith 2014 Edition - No Cable Included Version||Rocksmith Guitar & Bass||Rocksmith|
|Summary||All-new version of Rocksmith. Also available for the first time on Mac.||All-new sequel, but without the required Real Tone Cable. Intended for players that already have the cable.||Original version plus support for bass guitars. Also available for the first time on PC.||Original version of Rocksmith.|
|Available||October 2013||October 2013||2012||2011|
|Platforms||Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC/Mac||Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC/Mac (download only)||Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC||Xbox 360, PlayStation 3|
|Rocksmith Real Tone Cable Included||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Compatibility||Electric guitar, bass guitar||Electric guitar, bass guitar||Electric guitar, bass guitar||Electric guitar|
Note: All versions and platforms of Rocksmith are compatible with the Real Tone Cable. It is a required 1/4-inch audio jack cable necessary for Rocksmith to detect and respond to your guitar playing. All versions of Rocksmith include the Real Tone Cable in the box, except downloaded versions and the Rocksmith 2014 Edition "No Cable Included" Version.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Fast forward to the new Rocksmith 2014 and we have a much faster and polished learning system. In 2014 gone is the mode of start at the bottom working to play at top venues and large crowds and scoring points. This reminded me much of a Guitar Hero style of play versus learning. While yes you still learned it seemed focus was more on scoring points then really learning the songs. I guess you could say both went hand in hand but I really want to learn the songs and I don't really care if a crowd is watching or scoring points so speak. While Rocksmith gave you the world tour gameplay, Rocksmith 2014 feels like the get it right in a studio gameplay.
I'm using the PC version as I did with the previous RS on an Asus i7 laptop with 16GB of Ram. I currently a 1TB hybrid ssd drive and a dedicated video card for graphics with 2GB of ram. As far installing the disks, that went rather smoothly. Steam was already installed however with RS2014 it also installs Uplay. Uplay from Ubisoft is supposed to give you stats on the game as well as leaderboards to see how you rank against other players online. To me this seems like an unnecessary step when it could have been incorporated into Steam! Now not only do I have all these pops from Steam when I open and close Rocksmith, but I also get popups from Uplay. It's now even more annoying then previously before.
Opening for the first time
So I got the RS2014 installed and went into it for the first time only to get an error message "No Audio Output Found." My built in sound card worked fine everywhere else but not in RS2014. I closed out to troubleshoot. I changed the sound card sample rate in properties, turned exclusive on and off to no avail. I also use 1 of 2 external USB Audio interfaces for pro-audio recording. I plugged that in and it started with no error but the sound was garbled. I went back to the built and card and tried a few more things. Now I did just update to Windows 8.1 so I figured let me try to install an updated driver. Bada bing that worked! Now most of the time I do use 1 of the external audio interfaces because they allow me to have the lowest latency (delay you hear for when you play your sound vs actually hear it). I still couldn't get past the garbled crackling and popping with the pro interfaces. I did some digging on Ubisoft's forums and found you can change some settings in the Rocksmith.ini file if you're having trouble. For me on both my pro interfaces I had to change the latency to 2 and the output buffer size to 1024. That did the trick! Now all of this took about 1 1/2 hours to figure out! I did not experience these hiccups in the original Rocksmith. This was also an annoyance but I've been using and troubleshooting PC's for over 20 years. If there's a problem with a program I'm going to eventually figure it out. From to point of view of someone who doesn't have my troubleshooting experience, I can see where this would be quite frustrating! Now I know not everyone has the same hardware configurations so it can make it a lot harder to program and get this stuff right but the install experience should not have been this complicated! I'm going to give that a big needs improvement!
Learning your first song
When you first start RS2014 you have to pick your guitar type, left or right handed pick, calibrate and finally tune it. After that you can immediately start playing songs. Just pick one and start learning. Like RS, RS2014 starts you out slow and then gradually gives you more and more notes as you get them right until you're at 100 percent mastery. What I really like with RS2014 is that if you have trouble with a section you can immediately go into Riff Repeater mode with exiting the song. This will focus on that section and make you play it until you get it right! Practice makes perfect and the more you play the better you will get at it!
While I haven't experienced all of what RS2014 has to offer because I've only had it for a day, I can say I'm impressed with what I have tried thus far. Now if you own the original Rocksmith one would think you should be able to use those songs in the new version right? Well you can but you have to pay and additional $9.99 to Steam to transfer them to RS2014! What???? I've already payed for the game once! To me this is like paying for it again? $9.99 isn't a lot to ask but to me this should be free for previous owners of the game. Charge new players if they want to original song content!
Anyway, I'm still happy with all the new changes and upgrades. Rocksmith 2014 should help me get closer to my goal of being proficient on the guitar. I must say this is probably the most economical and funnest way to learn to play guitar and progress at a fast rate! I've taken lessons in the past and they've been boring, expensive and slow. Rocksmith 2014 will really teach you how to play guitar!
I going to give Rocksmith 2014 a 4 stars. I'd give it 5 in the installation wasn't so bad. I'll probably update this review after I've had more time to play it.
Cheers and Rock On!
OK, it's not easy. SRV made it look easy, but it ain't! Playing guitar is hard, at least for me.
Is it fun? Yes! I've learned more about playing in the last month than in the previous, well, 70 years! Frustrating, painful, and fun.
I would have given 5 stars except that the songs you can learn are not exactly "classic" rock. Very few blues songs, even with DLC. My only complaint.
Well worth the money!
Things I like:
1. The technique games. You'll play it for hours until your fingers hurt. It's great. Just like a video game, except you are using the guitar as an input. The scale game teach all the fingering scales in a fun way. .The fretting game teaches you how to move up and down the fret board. The string game makes you proficient in hitting the string you want. Chord games are not bad. The point challenges make it competitive.
2. The song teacher is kind of cool. It comes with some good songs(and a lot of bad), but allows you to buy new ones which is nice.
Things I don't like(Why I gave it 3 stars)
1. It is nearly devoid of all music theory. They use colors instead of notes, tab and staffs. Why not use both? It would be a graphic modification. I don't get why they did that That fret game would be awesome if they just put note name next to the position. You'd learn the whole fret board painlessly. Same with the scale game. The scales and the chords would make so much more sense if the note names were there. It seems like such an obvious thing to have and it's left off.
2. The lessons suck and are rudimentary and devoid of all music theory. They are useless. No one could learn the guitar from the game's lessons. You'll learn a few chords and strum patterns, but that's it.
3. I don't know why but the note recognition is not consistent. Often times the game will miss represent the note being played. Sometimes you must untune a string to make it work. Over time up-dates have improved this, but it still has problems.
4. I wish they would open up their note recognition software so that one could input music into the song teacher. It would be a great drill instructor on the music I want to learn the way I want to learn it. If they could combine something like Noteflight or a tab editor to the Note signal processor that would be fantastic and make this the best computer teacher available. OR just create an Open API and encourage an industry of open source music lessons.
Most recent customer reviews
I'm already learning to play a song
Very happy and satisfied with this purchase