+ $3.98 shipping
+ $3.98 shipping
About the Product
- A PROVEN METHOD TO LEARN GUITAR FAST National research studies have found that Rocksmith is the fastest way to learn guitar*. Over 95% of players have improved their skills. Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned player, Rocksmith gets you results, fast.*National study by Research Media Group Inc.
- For technical assistance, the company Ubisoft has US phone agents ready to take your call at 1-888-610-2622 from 9 a.m. to midnight Eastern time on weekdays, and from Noon to 9:00 p.m. Eastern time on weekends. You may also submit an online request at http://support.ubi.com to get a subsequent reply by e-mail.
- LEARN YOUR FAVORITE SONGS Select from over 50 hit tracks, ranging from alternative rock, to heavy metal, and more. You will learn to play your favorite songs, step-by-step and note-for-note, with tutorials along the way.
- DESIGNED FOR EASE AND SPEED A new fully-customizable Riff Repeater lets you select your section, difficulty, and speed on-the-fly. Master Mode has been revamped to make learning by memory more approachable.
- GET PLUGGED IN Rocksmith 2014 Edition is compatible with the original Rocksmith Real Tone Cable that plugs any real guitar** directly into Xbox 360, PS3, PC, or Mac. **Guitar requires standard 1/4" output jack.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
The Fastest Way To Learn Guitar
Join over 3 million people who have learned to play guitar with the award-winning Rocksmith method. Rocksmith becomes your personal guitar teacher as it monitors how you play, dynamically adjusts the difficulty to your skill level, and then slowly introduces more phrases and techniques until you’re playing your favorite songs note-for-note.
A Great Gift For Guitar Owners Of All Skill Levels
Rocksmith includes a lifetime’s worth of guitar and bass lessons, all in one box. Over 80 interactive lessons will help teach you almost every technique associated with guitar and bass. Everything from the basics of holding a pick to advanced techniques like tapping are covered in detail with multi-camera videos.
Learn To Play Hit Songs By The Original Artists
From the moment you begin, you’ll be learning to play actual songs. Rocksmith includes over 50 songs from artists including Aerosmith, Alice Cooper, Avenged Sevenfold, Def Leppard, Foo Fighters, Kiss, Iron Maiden, Muse, Nirvana, oasis, Radiohead, Rise Against, The Rolling Stones, System of a Down, Weezer, The Who, and many more.
Hundreds more songs are available to download with added purchase.
|Guitar Type||Electric Guitar or Bass||Acoustic-Electric Guitar or Bass||Acoustic Guitar or Bass|
|Requirements||1/4" output jack||1/4" output jack||Acoustic pickup with a 1/4" output jack (not included) or a dedicated USB microphone (not included).|
|How It Works||Plug in your guitar or bass with the included cable||Plug in your guitar or bass with the included cable||Option A: Plug the included cable into your acoustic pickup with a 1/4" output jack (not included). Option B: Plug your dedicated USB microphone into your console or computer and position it near you pointing towards your acoustic instrument.|
|Songs Included on Disc||Over 50||Over 50 (including 30+ acoustic friendly tracks)||Over 50 (including 30+ acoustic friendly tracks)|
|Songs Available for Download with Added Purchase||Over 800||Over 800 (including 500+ acoustic friendly tracks)||Over 800 (including 500+ acoustic friendly tracks)|
“Rocksmith is the most fun and effective way to improve your guitar skills.”
– Jim Rosenberg, President of Epiphone Guitars.
“I wish I had Rocksmith when I was learning guitar.”
– Jerry Cantrell, Lead Guitarist/Vocalist of Alice in Chains
“Rocksmith is one of the best learning software products I’ve ever seen.”
– Chris Swain, Founder of University of Southern California Games Institute.
“It’s smooth, flexible, always encouraging, and makes practicing a pleasure rather than a chore.”
PC System Requirements
Supported OS: Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core2 Duo E6750 or 2.8 GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ (3.06 GHz Intel Core i3-540 or 3.30 GHz AMD Athlon II X3 455 or better recommended) RAM: 2 GB (4 GB or greater recommended) Video Card: 256 MB DirectX 9.0c-compliant with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (see supported list)* Sound Card: DirectX-compatible Hard Drive Space: 12 GB Peripherals Supported: Keyboard, mouse, microphone, Rocksmith Real Tone Cable (USB 2.0 port required) Internet required for activation Supported Video Cards at Time of Release: AMD Radeon HD 2600 XT / 3000 / 4000 / 5000 / 6000 / 7000 series NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT / 9 / 200 / 400 / 500 / 600 / 700 series Laptop versions of these cards may work, but are not supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game.
Mac System Requirements
Supported OS: X Processor: 2.4GHz or 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 3MB on-chip shared L2 cache and 1066MHz frontside bus (3.1 GHz Intel Core i3-540 or better recommended). RAM: 4 GB Video Card: 256MB Nvidia GeForce 8600GT or ATI Radeon HD 2600 (512MB Nvidia GT 240 or 512MB ATI Radeon HD 5670 or better recommended). Hard Drive Space: 12 GB Peripherals Supported: Keyboard, mouse, microphone, Rocksmith Real Tone Cable (USB 2.0 port required) Internet required for activation
From the Manufacturer
Rocksmith 2014 Edition
The Fastest Way to Learn Guitar
Join over 1.5 million people who have learned to play guitar with the award-wining Rocksmith method. Plug any real guitar or bass directly into your computer or game console, and you’ll learn to play in just 60 days.
The all-new Rocksmith 2014 Edition is bigger, better, and faster than ever. Rebuilt from the ground-up, you’ll experience vastly improved response time, user-friendly navigation, more flexible and deeper practice tools, new techniques and tunings, over 50 new hit songs, and much more.
With the revolutionary Session Mode, Rocksmith 2014 Edition takes guitar-learning to the next level by allowing you to play guitar with a virtual band that follows your every lead. Select from an assortment of backing instruments or styles, and Session Mode plays along with you in real-time.
Take the 60-Day Challenge and start learning guitar today with Rocksmith 2014 Edition.
Key Game Features
A Proven Method to Learn Guitar Fast
An independent national research study found that Rocksmith is the fastest way to learn guitar. Over 95% of players have improved their guitar skills. Whether you're a beginner touching a guitar for the first time, or a seasoned player mastering your sound, Rocksmith gets you results, fast.
Learn Your Favorite Songs
Select from over 50 hit tracks, ranging from alternative rock, to heavy metal, to classic rock, and more. You will learn to play your favorite songs, step-by-step and note-for-note, with tutorials along the way. Rocksmith 2014 Edition is also backward compatible with the songs you have from the original Rocksmith.
Designed for Ease and Speed
Features are now more accessible and flexible than ever. A new fully-customizable Riff Repeater lets you select your section, difficulty, and speed on-the-fly. Master Mode has been revamped to make learning by memory more approachable. Or jump into new and improved Guitarcade mini-games to hone your skills.
Learn to Jam with Session Mode
Session Mode lets you experience playing alongside a virtual band. Choose your own combination of instruments to follow your lead. With on-screen prompts and objectives that motivate learning and improvement, you can enjoy the feeling of jamming whether you’re a beginner or advanced player.
Get Plugged In
Rocksmith 2014 Edition is compatible with the original Rocksmith Real Tone Cable that plugs any real guitar** directly into an Xbox 360, PS3, PC, or Mac.
For technical assistance, the company Ubisoft has US phone agents ready to take your call at 1-888-610-2622 from 9 a.m. to midnight Eastern time on weekdays, and from Noon to 9:00 p.m. Eastern time on weekends. You may also submit an online request at http://support.ubi.com to get a subsequent reply by e-mail.
Rocksmith 2014 Edition features over 50 hit songs, including:
- Aerosmith – Walk This Way
- Alice In Chains – Stone
- Arctic Monkeys – R U Mine?
- Avenged Sevenfold – Bat Country
- Bob Dylan – Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door
- Def Leppard – Pour Some Sugar On Me (2012)
- Foo Fighters – Everlong
- Green Day – X-Kid
- Iron Maiden – The Trooper
- Jack White – Sixteen Saltines
- Joe Satriani – Satch Boogie
- Kiss – Rock And Roll All Nite
- Muse – Knights of Cydonia
- Nirvana – Heart Shaped Box
- Oasis – Don’t Look Back In Anger
- Pantera – Cemetery Gates
- Paramore – Now
- Queen – We Are The Champions
- R.E.M. – Losing My Religion
- Radiohead – Paranoid Android
- Ramones – Blitzkrieg Bop
- Rise Against – Savior
- Rush – The Spirit Of Radio
- Slayer – War Ensemble
- System Of A Down – Hypnotize
- The Kinks – You Really Got Me
- The Police – Every Breath You Take
- The Rolling Stones – Paint It, Black
- The Shins – For A Fool
- The Smashing Pumpkins – The Chimera
- The Who – My Generation
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – Mary Jane’s Last Dance
- Weezer – Say It Ain’t So
- AND MANY MORE
*Research Strategy Group Inc. – March 2013 – US nationwide in-home placement study
**Guitar requires standard 1/4" output jack.
Quickly and easily compare the different versions of Rocksmith to determine which one is right for you.
|Rocksmith 2014 Edition||Rocksmith 2014 Edition - No Cable Included Version||Rocksmith Guitar & Bass||Rocksmith|
|Summary||All-new version of Rocksmith. Also available for the first time on Mac.||All-new sequel, but without the required Real Tone Cable. Intended for players that already have the cable.||Original version plus support for bass guitars. Also available for the first time on PC.||Original version of Rocksmith.|
|Available||October 2013||October 2013||2012||2011|
|Platforms||Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC/Mac||Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC/Mac (download only)||Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC||Xbox 360, PlayStation 3|
|Rocksmith Real Tone Cable Included||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Compatibility||Electric guitar, bass guitar||Electric guitar, bass guitar||Electric guitar, bass guitar||Electric guitar|
Note: All versions and platforms of Rocksmith are compatible with the Real Tone Cable. It is a required 1/4-inch audio jack cable necessary for Rocksmith to detect and respond to your guitar playing. All versions of Rocksmith include the Real Tone Cable in the box, except downloaded versions and the Rocksmith 2014 Edition "No Cable Included" Version.
Top Customer Reviews
Fast forward to the new Rocksmith 2014 and we have a much faster and polished learning system. In 2014 gone is the mode of start at the bottom working to play at top venues and large crowds and scoring points. This reminded me much of a Guitar Hero style of play versus learning. While yes you still learned it seemed focus was more on scoring points then really learning the songs. I guess you could say both went hand in hand but I really want to learn the songs and I don't really care if a crowd is watching or scoring points so speak. While Rocksmith gave you the world tour gameplay, Rocksmith 2014 feels like the get it right in a studio gameplay.
I'm using the PC version as I did with the previous RS on an Asus i7 laptop with 16GB of Ram. I currently a 1TB hybrid ssd drive and a dedicated video card for graphics with 2GB of ram. As far installing the disks, that went rather smoothly. Steam was already installed however with RS2014 it also installs Uplay. Uplay from Ubisoft is supposed to give you stats on the game as well as leaderboards to see how you rank against other players online.Read more ›
2) The overwhelming majority of people are able to install it without problems and get it up and running in no time.
3) The game is lightning fast. There is little to no delay or loading time between songs or exercises.
4) Session Mode ALONE is worth many times the price of purchase. It allows you to select from among dozens of different instruments to create a backing band and jam in any key and in any scale in any style of music. And it shows you the notes in that scale on the fretboard so you can learn the scale and work on your improvisation. Not only that, but the band REACTS to the way you play -- softer, louder, faster, etc. Not too long ago professional musicians paid thousands to set up backing track systems that weren't NEARLY this sophisticated.
5) There are 55 or so songs from multiple genres to play, plus hundreds of downloadable tracks.
6) There are several mini-games that teach guitar skills for those starting out and for those who are rusty. Back in the day, you had to practice alternate picking/chords/bending/scales etc. by rote.
7) The game has a Riff Repeater where you can take sections (or the whole song) and slow them down and practice it until you have it down.
8) You and a friend can play along with the songs or with Session Mode at the same time: Guitar/guitar, bass/bass, guitar/bass.
9) There are lessons with video demonstrations and practice sessions for most guitar techniques. Even tapping!!!
If you, or anyone you know, are at all interested in playing guitar or bass, this is, by far, the best $80 you will ever spend.
ps Some people have problems with note recognition.Read more ›
Not so with Rocksmith 2014. The install was simple enough; just drop in the disc and follow the prompts. Okay, done. During the process, the installer associated the game to my Steam account, and also downloaded UPlay, a required client component. Once the UPlay registration was complete, it was time to plug in the guitar and launch the game. ugghhhh.....
It crashed on the first attempt. On try number two, it launch and locked, prompting a forced shut down/reboot. On the third try, it made it through launch but with horribly distorted audio and significant lag (it sounded like a 78rpm record playing on a 33rpm turntable). The options menu offered no settings adjustments that addressed the issue. The "troubleshooting" guide was equally uninformative. I then opened the game files and found a pdf document that covered OS audio engine setup and made all the necessary audio playback and recording settings changes. Still no improvement - okay - off to read forums...
Upon reading various threads, I proceeded to open the games .ini config file in admin edit and changed the win32 latency output to a 0 value.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Really hard to connect to my system. My computer can play just about any game with its upgrades, except this.Published 2 days ago by Tim B
Large variety of lessons, practice clips; guitar controlled video games; songs used to teach the full range from the earliest novice to the seasoned professional. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Solaris Lover
Downloaded on my computer. Was unable to access to play the music.Published 16 days ago by Amazon Customer
Bought for husband. He could never get it to work right.So it sits in a box here.Published 19 days ago by Amazon Customer
I received a CD disc for MAC. It clearly says it's supposed to be for PC and MAC, but I only got the MAC disc.Published 20 days ago by Amazon Customer
This game is great for any guitar player beginner to intermediate.
Teaches songs in a way to advance playing skills much quicker than trying on your own. Read more