Salon Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition $99.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 22, 2014
This review is not about the game, but for those purchasing this disc to import the songs to Rocksmith 2014. Which is probably why you're looking to buy this game at this point.

First, while the songs on the original Rocksmith are great, they do not translate well to Rocksmith 2014. There are sound balance issues, which usually involves your guitar drowning out the rest of the music. I find that balance issue kills my rhythm, even on songs I know very well. I'd also have to say that the guitar parts are not as fun, and very repetitive. And while Rocksmith 2014 has an inferior line up of songs (for my taste), all the songs are more fun to play. My recommendation would be to skip buying this (Ubisoft charges $10 to transfer the songs, plus whatever you pay to buy the disc) and use the money to purchase DLC.
on November 21, 2013
Tuning took way less time with the guitar plugged into this game than with the tuner I have always used. Getting started was easy and kind of amazing at first. I have always hated using those plastic fake guitar shaped controllers and felt like a boss using my real guitar on a game.
I didn't give it five stars because of the rolling cues instead of actual music to read. Since I already know how to read music it's no big deal but for a beginner looking to learn to play with a fun game they are missing a big part of the learning process. Instead they are only memorizing the songs given.
on February 15, 2015
It was a great value. Trying to get the newest version with the cord was over $30+ more. Wasn't really sure HOW invested I would be in learning guitar or how much time I would have to do so. I received: game, cord, and a clip on tuner (as pictured) in my box. It is also the Best Buy edition with special features. Well worth the investment and I haven't got through this game yet and don't really feel like I am missing anything not having the newer 2014 edition.
review image
on December 28, 2013
Gave this game to my husband for Christmas. He just spent close to 5 hours straight playing... and he already sees how this game is going to help him improve his guitar playing. He only knows partials of a few songs, and some riffs he would play over and over. Now he is getting to learn some new stuff; much cheaper than having to pay for guitar lessons, and how convenient - can be used right at home.
on March 6, 2014
This has been a great purchase. You get the cord and the game. Plug in your electric guitar and start learning. So far, I am doing well for a beginner, learning some chords and some of the single note versions of songs. Great buy/will buy 2014 edition too.
on January 20, 2015
I wish there were more games that were as useful and fun as Rocksmith. The game adjusts to your level and builds on the song as you improve. There are also options to focus on particular parts of the song to allow you to focus on trouble areas. Awesome....
on November 15, 2014
Was told this game came with the cables. When in fact it did not. Had to purchase another Rock smith game in order to get the cables that are required to play the game.
on January 15, 2016
Description not correct. Thought it was suppose to come with a cable. It's in the description that it comes with the pedals and the cable, received the game only.
on December 22, 2013
This is the coolest thing I have seen. Bought it for my teen age boys and it is amazing. The are learning so much from this game, from chords to whole songs. I love that it is something I can do with them since it has songs from all generations.
on January 13, 2013
I bought this for my daughter who is just starting to play the guitar and she loves play this game. This is better than Dad giving her lessons, I like the game as well having played guitar for 30 years I found it to be a challenge as well.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.