|Brand Name||Rockstar Games|
|Hardware Platform||Playstation 2|
|Operating System||PlayStation 2|
|Item Weight||5 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||7.5 x 5.2 x 0.8 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||7.5 x 5.25 x 0.75 inches|
Grand Theft Auto III
|Price:||$8.25 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- ESRB Rating: Mature
- Genre: Action/Adventure
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Some of its more brilliant touches:
(1) You can choose to pursue the "story mode" missions or simply explore the vast cityscape, stealing cars and committing random crimes.
(2) You can leave story mode at any time and start exploring, then return to story mode whenever you're ready (or when you've increased your driving and police-eluding skills).
(3) Liberty City is gorgeously designed, with incredible detail and realistic layout and architecture. True professionals were at work here, coming up with a city as real as any you've ever seen in real life. (How interesting it would have been to set this game in an actual city!)
(4) The vast array of vehicles available to the player is almost endless. Probably due to the violent nature of the game, actual car makes and models are not given but any auto fan will recognize the ones that are depicted here. You can drive many other things besides cars -- such as buses, firetrucks, boats, ambulances, taxis, and of course, police cars.
(5) If you capture a "public servant" vehicle such as a police car, ambulance, or fire truck then the game offers you the opportunity for mini side missions, such as doing away with other criminals (as a vigilante cop), taking wounded people to the hospital (as a parametic), or putting out fires.
(6) The weapons you get are hilarious and fun -- nothing feels quite as good as using a bazooka to shoot that police helicopter out of the sky after it has been following you around the city, shining its spotlight and shooting you.Read more ›
2. run over people with your car
3. make time with prostitutes
4. do insane stunts for $
5. rob people on the street for their $
6. get the cops on your back
7. change your license plate & paint your car to fool the cops
8. earn money as a taxi driver
9. Put out fires in a firetruck.
10. Bust bad guys in a cop car.
11. get people to safety in an ambulence
12. buy guns or beat people up who have them
13. take a boat ride in the "reefer" or "speeder"
14. listen to 10 different radio stations with over 30 min of different music/commericals
15. take the subway around Liberty City
16. steal an airplane at the airport
17. take a train ride
18. enter a car race and get money
19. honk your horn at people so they get out of your way
20. kill people for large sums of money
21. find hidden packages
22. ram into cars for money
23. put a bomb in your car and make it blow up
24. snipe people off the roofs of buildings
25. receive beeper messages giving important info
26. smack people with a baseball bat in the park
27. make distractions for others to bomb things
28. improve your criminal rating.
29. pick up hoes in your car.
30. deliver drugs from place to place.
31. watch detailed cinema scenes with excellent voiceovers.
32. feel the vibration from crashing into things
33. do slaughter missions by killing large amounts of people in a certain amount of time.
34. help people rob banks
35. get negative comments from numerous types of people
36. save your data at your home and a certain car along with it
37. use a GPS map to help get your way around the large islands.Read more ›
Liberty City is one of the worst places in America, according to the game's literature, and GTA3's designers pulled no punches in depicting this seedy sewer of a metropolis in decay. It may come as a surprise to a lot of gamers that the designers of the game are British, and after playing GTA3 for a few hours, it's easy to appreciate the twisted and sarcastic view of American crime culture that inspired this game.
In this fictional and fully realized world, the player can do almost anything his darker nature inspires, including random and pre-meditated murder, vehicular manslaughter, grand theft auto (of course), armed robbery, assault and battery, and red-light running. The only restrictions involve actually entering structures, although there are a few for which this is possible as required by the game's plot. There are subways, trains, cars (lots of these), boats, planes and of course the freedom to jog anywhere you would be able to in real life. The streets are jammed with other people and cars, some just bystanders and some real bad guys (and girls). There are bridges and bays, a couple of ammo shops, a men's room in a park, a tunnel, and lots of guns. This is the closest thing to a real living city I have ever seen in a video game.
The main part of the game itself is mission-based and plot-driven, similar to that in Driver, but so much better thought-out.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This remains one of the best games I've ever played.
I don't think the experience I had playing this for the first time will ever be topped!
Product arrived on time and works great. No scratches on the disc.Published 2 months ago by James Rouse
Great game, unfortunately, I found a three-pack of parts 1-3 at Walmart for about $20, before this arrived.Published 3 months ago by johng1970
good game great classic will update if needed havent played much of it yet but looks goodPublished 4 months ago by Cuyler Sloan
Really good product me personally would refer any body to purchase this . there was no sachets on the CDMA it plays very well so thank you AMAZON TEAM thanks again. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Amazon Customer