- Brand Name: Rocksteady
- Model Number: VG2150-BT-A
- Battery Average Life: 10 Hours
- Media Type: MP3
- Color: Matte Black
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $4.99 shipping
Rocksteady XS Portable Bluetooth Speaker (V1.5)
- Loud and Clear - The loudest and clearest portable speaker in its class. No speaker available under $200 can match its sound, performance, or durability. And no speaker under $200 can match its value.
- 10 hours per charge - Micro-USB charging port, so there is no need to carry around heavy charging plugs and proprietary cables. 10 hours of playback per charge, and expandable to forever thanks to the ability to replace your battery on the fly.
- Easy connection - Guaranteed to connect to your Smartphone or Tablet. Or connect using the supplied 3.5mm cable from your device's headphone jack. Also featuring a USB Port for MP3 Playback directly from a USB Drive.
- 2.1 Stereo Surround Sound: Side facing speakers and a Subwoofer makes the Rock steady XS the only portable Bluetooth speaker to deliver a true Stereo Surround sound.
- Party Mode - Connect two devices at the same time. Play one track from one phone then switch to the other phone on the fly.
- Loud and Clear The developers if the Rocksteady XS listened to customers who wanted a portable Bluetooth speaker that was loud enough to handle almost any situation, yet clear enough to play distortion free at higher volumes.^Lithium Ion Battery The Rocksteady XS uses a high quality Lithium Ion battery, giving you over 10 hours of continuous play.^USB Port for MP3 Playback or Device Charging With the USB port, you can either connect a USB thumb-drive to play MP3 files or connect the supplied micro-USB charging cable to charge your device external device.^Built in Speakerphone With a high quality built in microphone, you can now use your Rocksteady XS as a portable speakerphone.^Crank Up your Computer or Laptop.The Rocksteady XS is loud enough to blast sounds from your favorite tunes or movies on your computer or laptop.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Loud and Clear
The Rocksteady XS portable Bluetooth speaker was developed to be loud enough to handle almost any situation, yet clear enough to play distortion free at higher volumes.
What Makes the Rocksteady XS Unique?
True 2.1 Stereo Sound
Two side facing speakers and a Center Subwoofer allow the Rocksteady XS to deliver a true Stereo Surround sound.
Rechargeable and Replaceable Lithium-Ion Battery
The lithium-ion battery is designed to last all day (or all night), providing over 10 hours per charge. Only the Rocksteady XS allows its owners the ability to swap-out the Lithium-Ion battery with another, extending your use to all day and all night.
Front Facing Controls
Play, pause, adjust volume, or change tracks all rom the convenience of the speaker without the need to reach for your phone.
What's in the Box?
- Rocksteady XS Stereo Speaker
- Lithium-Ion Battery
- Wall Charger and USB to Micro USB Charging Cable
- 3.5mm Line-in Cable
Bluetooth and Party Mode
Bluetooth Technology easily syncs with your iPhone, Android, or other Bluetooth-enabled device. New Party Mode allows you to connect two devices simultaneously, while the Bluetooth memory can retain up to 4 devices total.
Hard Alumimum Case
Not just durable and lightweight, but designed to harness all the power from the amplifier to deliver a louder, clearer, distortion free sound.
Multi-Purpose USB Port
The Rocksteady XS is uniquely designed with a USB Port in the back. Conveniently charge your smartphone or use the USB port to play MP3 files direct from a USB drive.
Share calls on the go using Rocksteady XS as a portable speakerphone. Built-in microphone for hands-free calls in the office, car, house or anywhere.
Top Customer Reviews
Sound quality: I believe the Rocksteady offers the best sound quality of its class. Obviously, bigger speakers are going to offer more impressive sound- speaker diameter is a pretty straightforward concept- but for something this portable, you'd be hard-pressed to find a sweeter sounding device. I've compared it to similarly sized speakers; the Jambox (pffft), Logitech's Mobile Boombox, and a couple boutique bluetooth players- and preferred it over all of them. One of the most impressive features of the Rocksteady is its ability to play at maximum volume without any cracks or distortion. You can easily fill an average sized room with its sound.
Bluetooth: Syncs very quickly. Once your laptop or phone/whatever has recognized the Rocksteady, you can sync it from then on by pressing the Mode button once. It takes 2-3 seconds.
Unfortunately, the wireless range is very limited. I could not bring my Rocksteady more than 5-6 feet away from my laptop without its connection getting choppy. This does not bother me, as I enjoy bluetooth for allowing me to not use cords and position the speaker more freely, but should be noted.
Aesthetic & durability: I'd feel safe tossing this thing in my backpack and using it with my phone as a boombox. In fact, I do this regularly. And the thing looks slick. I'm a sucker for minimalist designs and matte black finishes. The easy access to the replaceable battery is a boon to its design.Read more ›
Some big things that made me decide to get it was finding out that the battery it uses is replaceable and costs just a couple of $$. The battery is the BL-5C battery used in Nokia phones. Ebay has some extended capacity versions that are 2450 mah, but the Rocksteady uses the 1050mah version. Both should work fine and can be charged quickly.
Along with the user replaceable battery being a selling point, the small size and the side firing dual speakers along with the vent on the top sounded like it would allow for a full and distortion-free sound. That is exactly what this speaker delivers. The bass hits harder than you would expect from a small speaker and it is plenty loud without sounding distorted or like the speaker is going to blow, even when playing very loud bass heavy dubstep.
The Bose is much louder and bass heavy, but I didn't expect this much cheaper speaker to be anywhere near the quality of the Bose. Even though this speaker costs 4 times less than the Bose (including the cost of the Bose extra battery), the RockSteady does stand up to the competition. It sounds great and is much more portable. I highly recommend this speaker to people who already have a high quality bluetooth speaker but who want something more portable that still has good sound like you are used to.Read more ›
Bose Soundlink II
This thing is amazing it is the best audiophile speaker to date. I was blown away at the clear true sound out of the thing and yes it gets LOUD..I would say its got 2/3 the volume of my Soundlink maybe a little less but it will go to loud to be within 5 feet of it and it handles it well.
SoundLink II compare: No it doesn't have the overdone Bass the Soundlink II does but it does have bass and it is crisp and clean.
Highs pretty dang close to the Bose really. The biggest thing is its a more accurate overall sound.
JBL Flip: The Flip is a good speaker but I found the sound dull the highs are not crisp it has good bass for its size but turn it up and it can not handle it and sounds like crap, battery life was "OK".
Jabra SoleMate: Again ok highs ok mids ok bass ok volume...over all an ok speaker and ok battery life. Its a durable little guy and stays where you put it but it will not make you go...WOW thats is a GREAT sounding little speaker it is OK all around.
RockSteady XP: Sound...WOW...No speakerphone..who cares the ones I have used on BT speakers SUCK anyways. Battery life All day and dang guys it uses the most generic Nokia Battery on the planet can be had for 5-10 bucks. The controls do Pause/Play and FF on my Android devices....I dont know how to explain it but this speaker is just the one..all the little things you wish the other did without all the lame crap. Kinda Like the Bose, no voice telling you its connected just a beep, no wizbang stuff just a good speaker that sounds great, is small and light and works...what more do you want.
Great Job KC
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bangs out loud! Bass and mid/treble is outstanding. Bluetooth is awesome. Very good quality product and has a fitted rubber cover. No complaints, best one I have had yet!!Published 3 months ago by MrC
everyone I know that has another expensive brand is shocked by the quality of sound at this price level... Read morePublished 7 months ago by Amazon Customer
Easy to connect to iPod touch and iphone. Pretty loud in car. Excellent replaceable battery pack. We've enjoyed this amp in the car.Published 8 months ago by Kent Byron
Good quality build. Battery life is reasonable between charges over 6 hours even up to 8 hours depending on volume. Read morePublished 8 months ago by rams99
This speaker met all of my expectations. The sound is great and certainly loud enough and small enough so that I can travel with it. Very pleased.Published 10 months ago by Mimi R. Rhoades
The speaker itself is awesome, and it gets shipped out extremely fast, very well packaged and protected, but after a couple of days, the speaker wouldn't keep a charge, no matter... Read morePublished 11 months ago by Alexander Ellingson
It's okay if you don't want to play your music too loud. I found it frustrating that I couldn't turn it up very loud while at an outside get together. Read morePublished 11 months ago by S. LaPlante