|Listen Now with Amazon Music|
The Rockville LP
|Amazon Music Unlimited|
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Rock band O.A.R. are well known for their incredible live performances that have seen them play to sold out audiences in iconic venues such as Madison Square Garden and Red Rocks. The band has built their following off of extensive touring as well as a string of hit singles such as 'Love and Memories,' 'Shattered,' and now their current single 'Peace.' 'Peace'--the brand new song from their upcoming album--is a first for the band's new label Vanguard Records.
O.A.R.'s new album The Rockville LP was written and recorded in Nashville, Maryland, and New York City. It's the band's first studio album for Vanguard and their 8th overall.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I enjoy every track on the record, but here are some highlights:
"Two Hands Up" kicks off the record the right way. Reggae beat to start, soaring chorus, and a classic O.A.R. vibe.
"We'll Pick Up Where We Left Off" should probably be the second single ("Peace" is the first single and it is also great.) The subtle delay effect on the acoustic guitar sounds great and builds to lead to a chorus with a rhythmic backbone.
"Favorite Song" is interesting as it is very difficult to reference other songs and artists throughout a song without it being overly cheesy. I think they accomplished being only slightly cheesy and the groove makes up for the rest. Very sold.
"Caroline The Wrecking Ball" & "I Will Find You" are the longest songs on the record and are the last two songs. Both songs go through a number of transitions, especially "I Will Follow You" which feels like three songs strung together in expert fashion.
Time will tell where this record gets ranked compared to the rest of O.A.R.'s catalog, but as a fan, I can say I enjoy this record a lot.
- Marc's voice gets better and better.
- I think we have a new Crazy Game of Poker! The song "I will find you" will be amazing live. I can see the crowd singing and clapping "Hey just keep believing". (I hope they play it when they come to Red Rocks)
1. Two hands - Just raw upbeat song. Good start of the album.
2. Well pick up.... - has the band 'Fun' type of vibe. Sing along-ish
3. Peace - good all around and nice groove.
4. The element - the hidden gem on the album. Very groovy. heard the world/52-50-ish
5. Favorite Song - Super fun song. One of those where you start to dance in the car on the way to work.
6. So far So good - Great ending and great building throughout the song. One of my favorites.
7. The Architect - This song will be great live. Good sax solo and can't wait to see Jerry rip this song live.
8. Place to hide - A good song and sounds like one of the most emotions songs on the album.
9. Caroline the Wrecking Ball - Very unique song for OAR and I like it.
10. I will find you - Like I said above. This song is awesome. It so damn fun!
Buy this album. You will not be disappointed.
Caroline the Wrecking Ball is worth the album purchase alone. This is easily the best O.A.R song in awhile, and I can see them closing a show out with this in a few years. (I'm kind of tired of the last song always being Poker!! and Hey Girl is not a strong enough closer)
I Will Find You is also quite good, I love the transitions in it, and like one of the other users said, was pretty good live, I think in a few years after they tweak it, it will be amazing on tour.
Two Hands Up is a great opener to the album and gets the mood going.
Well done guys.