Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rocky / Rocky II / Rocky III / Rocky IV
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

VINE VOICEon May 25, 2011
Let me start off by stating that the description is incorrect. The number of discs listed is 4(as of this review). This DVD set actually contains 3 DVD's with Rocky 1 and 2 each being on its own discs. Rocky 3 and 4 are on 1 disc, a double-sided DVD.

Each Rocky movie is bare-bones with no special features other than the movie trailer and a few MGM ads. Also included are subtitles in English, French, and Spanish. The movies themselves are standard DVD quality.

The price fluctates a bit but I got my set when it was just under 10 bucks, quite a steal for 4 classic Rocky movies. This is an unusual set with just the first 4 movies and no specials. Good budget choice though for those who have not upgraded to Blu-ray yet and want to own the Rocky movies that matter.

We all know and love the Rocky saga. Opponents such as Apollo Creed, Clubber Lang, and Ivan Drago being the perfect archnemesis for the heroic Rocky character. Stallone plays the Rocky character with just the right charm. Great timeless classic.
review image
on October 8, 2014
One star from me on this item for EXTREMELY poor picture quality, especially on Rocky III and IV.

I always read reviews carefully before purchasing, but this time it was useless. It makes me wonder if people were paid to write good reviews.

I can be somewhat lenient concerning the far-less-than-perfect picture quality on Rocky I and II because of when they were filmed, but I CANNOT understand such HORRIFICALLY poor picture quality on Rocky III and IV. Those DVDs have NO labels and are unbelievably loaded with noise (grainy specs). They look like 15th-generation-or-more copies of copies. I immediately returned the set.

BOTTOM LINE: Don't waste your money on this set -- unless you really don't care about picture quality.
on August 29, 2013
It was in great condition and plays great, made a wonderful birthday present! I would recommend it to anyone who likes sylvester stallone.
on August 3, 2014
I'm happy with the way that the transfers have been accomplished. The picture and sound quality are very good. On a snide, artistic note, it's amazing how Rocky II is really no good except for montage out takes for Rocky III and IV!
on February 21, 2013
Loved this DVD set because it was reasonably priced and because it had 1-4, the only ones my daughter wanted. 1-4 are the best ones, so why would anyone need the others????
on February 10, 2011
What a great deal for 4 movies that are hard to find these days if you dont have blue ray, so get it while you can, To me i liked Rocky 1-4 then to me it really died down after that,
rock 4 russia vs the usa cool
and Mr T Rock 3 cool
on January 12, 2015
This was the perfect gift for my husband he lived it sooo much. Thank you
on June 19, 2014
I am so glad I have these DVDs. Rocky, in my opinion, is one of the most inspiring movies ever made. Looking at Stallone these days, one might not realize the genius he was when he made Rocky. I don't think much else needs to be said, because these movies are world famous. Personally, I think they go downhill as they progress, but I am glad to have these first four Rocky movies. Rocky 1 and 2 are both truly beautiful movies. Rocky 3 is good, and Rocky 4 is not bad either. But man, Rocky 1 is a stroke of genius! I'd go as far as to say the two movies that changed Hollywood forever are Rocky and Star Wars. That's how important Rocky is. Otherwise, the film to DVD transfer quality is just fine - no problem whatsoever. I'm very glad to own these movies. Rocky 1 is one of the most inspirational movies ever made. It is possibly the most inspirational movie ever made. Some people talk bad about Stallone these days, but I can't go there because of Rocky and Rocky 2. Well I've rambled enough. Buy it.
on January 29, 2013
Pretty good pretty good pretty good. Its a shame theres not any creativity in hollywood like this anymore, no more writers who can move you like this story line did.

Todays directors and writers try to make up for there lack of talent by shaking the camera around for 2 hours
on March 10, 2014
We have watched these movies since we were kids, and to be able to get most of them at once for the price I did. Thank you!