Lyft Vehicles Review Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on May 9, 2016
Worst boots I've ever purchased, Rocky should be ashamed to sell this garbage. The canvas on the sides crackles and crunches so loudly it sounds like you're walking on bubble wrap. I don't want to hear about a "break in period" I've been in the tactical arena a long time and this is just embarrassing. Aside from that, within 3 weeks the bottoms of the boots came completely unglued and individual little rubber pieces fell off. I have had to glue these humpty dumpty boots back together more times than I can count. Another member of my team bought the same boots at the same time and no surprise, his boots fell apart too. I guess that's what I get for thinking I could go budget on some training boots. Got me this time, won't happen again.
review image
33 comments| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 15, 2017
I like these boots a lot, only 4 stars because I have only had them a month and don't know how they wear. That being said, I have been using them pretty hard and so far so good. Most important points (to me anyway) 1. They truly are lightweight 2. They offer good foot support 3. They are breathable, my feet have been staying cool even with cheap cotton socks in hot weather 4. I purchased mine at a great price

I live in CT and had blown out the last pair of worn out sneakers I was using for yard work including push mowing and digging. I was tired of my sneakers filling up with dirt by the end of the day but did not want to tromp around all day in the heavy leather and rubber work boots I own.

Long story short, these have been a dream and I purchased another pair for my son.

Downside - they are lace up so if you are like me and don't like to track mud in the house get your act together before lacing up. You are not going to want to be pulling these off and on every 15 min. Another interesting point - laces seem to stay tied without a double knot. I have other boots and running shoes that come undone with double knots. I bought the tan because that was on sale and for me these are strictly work boots not for socializing.
on March 27, 2017
I need strong, comfortable boots with a ton of ankle support as I have some issues in my ankles and I wasn't willing to pay $2100 for "medically correct" boots made by the ONE bootmaker in the US (what a scam). I decided to try these out and they do the job pretty well. The one partially amputated foot wen right in and the ankle support is amazing, but it was a little tight on the normal foot and took some getting in around the ankle area.. it was a bit tight. Will get an 11.5 next time! Other than that.. not too heavy, protects my feet (I'm diabetic and have to be careful) and for basic light/medium walking, it's more confortable than my old sneakers (heh). We'll see how they last over the next few months.
on March 4, 2017
So, I do love the look of this boot. I wear it with my AF ABUs. I should've gotten half a size up though. They are a perfect fit which doesn't leave too much wiggle room. Well, I think my right foot might be a teeny bit bigger than my left because it fits a but tighter. It's been less than a week of wear and there has been some "breaking in". As I expected. But that's normal. Aside from that, I don't regret my purchase. I do recommend going half a size up.
on March 26, 2016
Before ordering these I read all the reviews and comments. I noticed that a large percentage of the comments was about size, so I ordered a half size larger. Glad I did. I usually wear 12 wide, I got the 12.5 wide. They are a good fit, but there is no room left for any insole if ever needed. I looked high and low on the comments for the weight and all I could ever find is "Light weight". So I weighed them about, 17 oz each...so yes, that is very light weight for a high top boot. They are really comfortable, after about 2 - 3 days break-in. Most of that break-in was for me...I have always worn lower top boots, hikers, ect. All in all a very well made, light boot for around $40 less than the Nike equivalent.
on August 6, 2017
This is my second pair I've owned and they're my favorite boot by far. I have the sage green c4's that have been through selection and multiple rucks with me. I've never had blisters or hotspots once from these. I would say the only downside to these are the break in period kind of sucks for about the first week from the lace eyelets pressing against the tongue of the boot. Other than that they're still 5 star worthy in my opinion.
on January 30, 2017
Quality of the boot construction is really good, not as wide in the mid-foot as I would expect (or need) based on a 2E width, however, I may have unique feet. Length is fine with the expected extra bit of room for foot spread. The problem for me is the insert; too thick, pushes my feet up making the boot feel tight through the mid-foot and causing (from 3 hrs wearing) flair up of heel pain I haven't hade for months. Really to bad too, I'll see what can be done with a after market insert.
on January 17, 2016
These boots fit true ti size and are comfortable and light right out of the box. If you want to wear them in the office, they'll work just fine. They provide good ankle support. However the flat, traction-less soles on this boot are slippery. On a 5 mile walk in the snow and ice today, going up and down hills and rough terrain, I was slipping and sliding while my wife in her hiking boots did much better. My all terrain running shoes are better traction wise but provide less ankle support.
on May 9, 2017
On my second pair in about 3 years, these boots are wonderful. They are lightweight, comfortable, and breath. Would not recommend for winter climates, as they have no insulation and barley any traction on ice/snow. They're cheap compared to most boots, but I've never had quality control issues.
on April 22, 2017
The shoes were too small when I ordered my normal size. The soles were coming unglued even before I removed them from the plastic bag. Very poor quality control and not what I expected from Rocky. I've returned them for a refund. I would not buy this type shoe again.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.