Other Sellers on Amazon
|Price:||$29.61 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- 1-2 players
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Re-creates the look and feel of the Rocky movies
- Multiplayer capability
- Features all of Rocky's movie adversaries
- AI quickly becomes predictable and easy
- Scoring system has an 8-point minimum per round
- Complicated training exercises can limit progress
Top Customer Reviews
Fans of the movie are going to love it because the game has a visual flair and an immense depth that recreates the sweet science of boxing perfectly and even if you have no knowledge of the Rocky films you will not believe the enjoyment this game can induce.
The boxing itself is easily the best 3D interpretation of the sport to date and makes all other contenders, such as Knockout Kings 2002, Ready 2 Rumble and Mike Tyson's Boxing, look punch-drunk has-beens surviving on past glories.
The graphics are excellent, great lighting effects, fully 3D crowds, and the atmosphere and fantastic soundtrack all use the Playstation 2 and Xbox power to full effect.
The single player mode is superb, but get together with some friends for a session in Exhibition mode and you can expect whoops and hollers to rival the best multiplayer games.
In fact this game has the only multiplayer game to rival Halo.
This brilliant arcade boxing game is based on all five films, and a worthy accompaniment to them. The beauty is that gamers unfamiliar with the series will admire Rocky for its power and simplicity, while film buffs who know little about games will appreciate how true the spirit of the celluloid version it is.
It has captured the essence of Stallone's scripts, acting and OTT fight sequence with remarkable flair.
Fan of the movie? Get Rocky! Fan of boxing games? Get Rocky? Fan of the Playstation2/Xbox? GET ROCKY
The Good Things
1.The graphics are good, but not the best. Some of the boxers are not as muscular as they should be, but the graphics aren't solid like The Legend of Zelda Windwaker.
2. The story is great. It basically follows the Rocky movie series. I do wish you could be boxers like Clubber Lang and Apollo Creed during movie mode.
3. Every button on the left control pad is a punch, and you can use the arrows and the "R1" button to combine with the other buttons to make a stronger or faster punch.
4. The variety of characters is amazing. Once you beat the game, there are many characters, such as Ivan Drago, you can be during exhibition mode. Now for the bad things.
The Bad Things
1. On movie mode, once you get to a certain point the game becomes virtually impossible. The beginning of the game through the Rocky IV part is no challenge.
2. It is really hard to gain points for strength, speed, stamina etc. unless you use auto train. The only easy one to gain points is for strength. You also lose points when you win a fight.
3. You almost always fight a boxer with points that exceed yours. But for me, stats doesn't really matter, because I kick their butts!
Those are really the goods and the bads about Rocky. If you are a huge Rocky fan, I definitely reccomend this game. If you are uncertain about the game, like I was, rent it first. Again, this isn't as good as it could be, but overall is a really good game.
It has great sound affects and the graphics are great, along the way you can fight from spider rico to the greats like Ivan Drago and Tommy Gunn.
I reccommend it for anyone!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
product description was excellent and I would gladly do business with this seller again.Published 1 month ago by Ken Eden Jr
Awesome and addictive movie game with boxing. It's also available for Xbox, Gamecube and even Game Boy Advance.Published 11 months ago by Juan Cerrito-Luna
"Rocky" is a pretty solid game,but as the title of my review says,there is a better "Rocky" game out there,which is called "Rocky Legends".I will get to that one in a little bit. Read morePublished on February 6, 2014 by Ishmael
This game coulda been better. It is definitely the most frustrating game in my library, BY FAR!!!!! And you would not believe some of the crap that ends up in there. Read morePublished on January 8, 2011 by Mr.Reebo
someone stole this game and i need a new one. this thing is really fun. all the classic fun that you would hope for and the game play is good. i got addicted to this game. Read morePublished on August 26, 2008 by jbsd
I saw this game at a retailer here and being a fan of the Rocky films, I knew I had to have it so I got it, popped it in the PS2 and was amazed with what I saw. Read morePublished on June 1, 2004 by Darko
I bought this game which turned out to be rubbish first of all the gameplay is sloppy and horrible the boxers look like apes. Read morePublished on February 9, 2004
If you are a fan of the movies, you are going to love this game. It is difficult enough to be a chalange, yet the controlls are simple enough to be enjoyable. Read morePublished on January 20, 2004 by Adam Lorenz