Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Rode SVM Stereo Condenser Microphone
|Price:||$248.48 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Versatile X/Y configured, supercardioid stereo microphone well suited for all video applications
- Captures true ambience of recording space with high level of rear rejection and low noise
- Two-step high-pass filter (flat or 80 Hz), -10dB pad switch
- Custom designed integral windshield; windscreen included
- 9V battery powered
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter
- Capsule: 0.50"
- Polar Pattern: Paired cardioid capsules
- Address Type: End
- Frequency Range: 40Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 200Ω
- Maximum SPL: 134dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
- Sensitivity: -38.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (12.60mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 20dB-A
- Power Options: 9V battery powered
- Weight: 288.00gm
- Dimensions: 65.00mmH x 102.00mmW x 170.00mmD
- Output: Minijack / 3.5mm output
- Warranty: 1 year with free extension to 10 years following registration
Rode Stereo VideoMic
Stereo On-Camera Microphone
The RØDE Stereo VideoMic is a high-quality stereo microphone designed for use with camcorders, DSLR cameras and portable audio recorders. Two high-resolution 1/2 inch condenser capsules are mounted in a fixed X/Y stereo array, providing a very natural stereo recording, while still offering a high level of rear rejection. The Stereo VideoMic is an ideal microphone for capturing environmental and ambient sounds, as well as live music. For dialogue and directional applications the RØDE VideoMic and VideoMic Pro are recommended.
An in-built shock mounting system isolates the Stereo VideoMic capsule and electronics from its mount, providing isolation from external physical factors that may cause unwanted rumble and vibrations in the microphone. Its standard sized shoe mount also includes a 3/8 inch thread in the base for easy mounting on a boom pole or stand. In addition to the microphone's native 40Hz-20kHz response a selectable high-pass filter at 80Hz is available, which will prevent low end noise such as air conditioners and traffic from being recorded.
A -10dB level attenuation (or PAD), selectable from the rear face of the microphone, allows recording of loud sound sources, such as live music or motorsport. The RØDE Stereo VideoMic stereo on-camera microphone is designed in Australia and covered by RØDE Microphones' industry leading 10 year warranty.
- Broadcast sound quality
- Integrated shock mounting
- Rugged cast aluminium body
- Low noise circuitry
- Custom designed integrated windshield
- Integrated cold-shoe mount, 1/4” and 3/8” thread
- Free 10 year extended warranty with online registration at www.rodemic.com/warranty
|RØDE Stereo VideoMic||RØDE Stereo VideoMic Pro||RØDE Stereo VideoMic X|
|Which Stereo VideoMic Are You?|
|Ideal For:||Camcorders, mid-range DSLR||High-end DSLR, Full frame cameras||High-end DSLR, Full frame cameras|
|Scenarios:||Music, ambient audio, sporting events||Music, ambient audio, sporting events||Music, ambient audio, sporting events|
|Power:||9V battery||9V battery||9V Battery or 48V Phantom Power|
|Frequency Response:||40Hz - 20kHz||40Hz - 20kHz||40Hz - 20kHz|
|High Pass Filter:||80Hz||75Hz||0/75/150Hz|
|Level Switch:||-10dB||-10dB, +20dB||-10dB, +20dB|
|Included Accessories:||Dead Kitten artificial fur wind shield||Integrated windshield||SC2 TRS cable, pop shield, and wind shield|
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 0:32 Mins|
The sound is superb, but you have to make sure you know what you are working with. Different mics are better for different situations. I am not an expert but here are the rules of thumb I have picked up.
*Super-Cartoid Stereo Mic*
The Rode Stereo mic is a "Super Cartoid Stereo Mic". It yields high-quality sound at a close range, less than 8 feet or closer is best . It emphasizes sound in front, and de-emphasizes sound from behind (i.e. the cameraman) It does not do well at long range.
Shotgun mics (i.e. Rode VideoMic directional Video Condenser w/microphone) on the other hand do well at isolating sound at long ranges. However, the sound will never be as good as a well-placed Supercartoid stereo mic. Those are good for school plays, football games, and such.
It also comes with a Dead-cat wind guard, and it works great! Even in very gusty wind no sound is made from the wind.
*Tips for good sound*
For absolutely super quality sound with ANY mic you must get really close! Just think of those boom mic guys who hold the mic right inches over the actors heads! You have several options.Read more ›
I'm using the microphone on a Canon 5D Mark II with great success. I highly recommend this unit if you want quality and have the $$$. Yes, there are less expensive units around but you get what you pay for. And the included 'dead-cat" does a nice job killing wind noises as well.
UPDATE: May 1st - I used the Canon 5D Mark II and the Rode to video the Union Pacific's Steam Locomotive (844) when it visited hear. Theyre was a light breeze at the time. A steam locomotive, at times 4 feet away from the mic, is the acid test. Every sound, from quiet hisses of small steam escapes to full throated steam locomovive whistle blasts, were recorded perfectly with the Rode.
Later, down the track, the 844 passed by me at 60 or so MPH and I got broadcast quality locomotive sounds from about 1000 feet away and as it passed my location 8 feet from the camera/mic. Perfect sound again. I now highly recommend this microphone. No wind noises just great audio.
March 2012 - Still a great mic. Added the Rode Videomic Directional Video Condenser microphone for recording distand sounds. Also a great unit.
R0DE had NO reports of issues with fit on the D-7000 and NO reports on swapped channels. R0DE said that if anyone experienced either of these issues the mic would be considered defective and would be immediately replaced. So I ordered one and here are my results (and I doubt if yours would vary :-) :
1. The mic mount is a perfect fit for the hot shoe on my Nikon D-7000. Lots of adjustment room and a hefty yet easy to use mechanism to tighten it down. Note that there could be a fit issue if you had ANY camera fitted with one of the add-on hot shoe adapters, especially the cheap Chinese knockoffs.
2. The mount and the body of the case is cast metal, built like a miny tank. This added mass helps to isolate the mike capsule through the suspension system. It does add weight to the whole unit, but that is an added advantage in image stabilization. If you want "light" in all ways, just do your videos with one of the Flip units.
3. The channels are correct in terms of Left and Right when the R0DE is plugged directly into the Nikon D-7000 microphone plug and the files are opened in a properly configured video editing system (Sony Vegas 10 Pro in my case)
4. The overall "ruggedness" of the assembly is seriously professional.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is a really good accesory to your camera , keep in mind that its good for recording perfomances or even getting sound effects, i was able to record a creek of flowing water,... Read morePublished 17 days ago by The Rebel
This is such a powerful tool for my recordings. Easy to use, beautiful sound quality.Published 22 days ago by Jessica Lily
Buy this for NAT sound only. Would not recommend for anything other than nature/documentary recording.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Oh man has this thing been wonderful! I seriously am loving it. It's great for low noise situations, and as I found out 3 nights ago, wonderful for very loud situations, like live... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Alexander R. Leimbeck
Adobe Premiere Pro has a GREAT function to automatically match up different cameras using the camera AUDIO. Purchased a Rode SVM for ambient sound for one of our cameras. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Jim Taylorville
I made a video comparing the Panasonic G7 internal microphone to the RØDE Stereo VideoMic Pro. Read more
Out from the box and this thing rattles. There's something bouncing around inside the device and rattling like a god damn jar of coins. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Mark Panya Wienands
Absolutely love this mic. I am a big fan of rode. I use this to make my short films and small documentaries. The perfect on camera mic even better than the video mic pro. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Iliyan Husein