Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Rode VMPR VideoMic Pro R with Rycote Lyre Shockmount" and save 45% off the $349.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Protect your purchase
- Includes Parts and Labor for Covered Repairs plus Accidental Damages Caused by Drops and Spills
- 5 Business Day Depot Service Repair Guarantee (When Received in Depot Center, Subject to Replacement Parts Availability)
- Plan Delivered by E-mail, Register and File Claims Online or by Phone
- Repair Plans are Fully Transferable at No Cost
- See Product Description for Details Including Limitations and What is Not Covered
Top accessories customers bought with this item
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Rode VMPR VideoMic Pro R with Rycote Lyre Shockmount
- Compact TRRS cardioid microphone designed for iOS devices and smartphones
- High-quality directional microphone that connects directly to the iPhone TRRS microphone/headphone socket
- 3.5mm headphone output. Two step High Pass Filter (flat, 80Hz)
- Except for Iphone 7;Level Control: Three-position (-10 dB, 0, +20 dB);Output Impedance 200 ohms
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted) - 20dB-A.Ultra lightweight (85g/3oz). Please refer the Quick Start Guide before use.
- 9 V battery operation.Sensitivity:-32.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (20.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
- Rycote Lyre shock mounting onboard.
- Ultra lightweight (85g/3oz).
- 9V battery powered - over 70 hours use (alkaline).
- Integrated shock mounting & foam windscreen.
- 3.5mm stereo mini-jack output (dual mono).
- Two step High Pass Filter (flat, 80Hz).
- Three position level control (-10dB, 0, +20dB).
- Camera shoe mount with 3/8” thread for easy boompole mounting.
- 10 year warranty with online registration at our official website.
Rode VideoMic Pro
Compact Directional On-Camera Microphone with Rycote Lyre Shockmount
The RØDE VideoMic Pro is a true shotgun microphone designed for use with camcorders, DSLR cameras and portable audio recorders as a source of primary and reference audio. The VideoMic pro is battery powered, and provides over 70 hours recording from a single 9V battery. The RØDE VideoMic is designed and made in Australia, and covered by RØDE Microphones' industry leading 10 year warranty.
At the heart of the VideoMic Pro is an all-new 1/2-inch condenser capsule that provides broadcast-quality audio via a 3.5 millimeter minijack connector (outputting the mono signal to both left and right channels) with an incredibly low self-noise of just 14db. A super-cardioid polar pattern ensures that surrounding audio is minimised, and your recording is focused on the subject in front of the camera.
The integrated Rycote Lyre based shock mounting system separates the VideoMic Pro capsule and electronics from its mount, providing isolation from external physical factors that may cause unwanted rumble and vibrations in the microphone. Constructed from a single piece of hard-wearing thermoplastic, the Lyre provides superior acoustic suspension to traditional elastic solutions, and will never wear out, sag or snap.
- Rycote Lyre shock mounting onboard
- All-new capsule with lower noise and higher sensitivity
- Broadcast recording quality condenser microphone
- Compact form factor (150mm/6” length)
- Integrated shock mounting
- Integrated foam windscreen
- Camera shoe mount with 3/8” thread for easy boompole mounting
- 10 year extended warranty when you register your microphone
Easily accessible on the rear face of the microphone are the power, filter and level controls. In addition to the microphone's native 40Hz-20kHz response a selectable high-pass filter at 80Hz is available, which will prevent low end noise such as air conditioners and traffic from being recorded.
Below these controls are the level settings, which attenuate or boost the recorded level as required. The -10dB level attenuation (or PAD) is ideal for recording loud sound sources, such as live music, motorsport, or interviews where the subject is very close to the camera. The +20dB level boost is designed for use with DSLR cameras, allowing the user to reduce the camera's preamp level (or mic-input level), effectively reducing the amount of noise generated by the camera's comparatively low quality audio circuitry.
The microphone uses a standard sized shoe mount for on camera use, and features a 3/8-inch thread in the base of the mount for easy boom pole mounting.
|RØDE VideoMic Me||RØDE VideoMicro||RØDE VideoMic GO||RØDE VideoMic with Rycote Lyre||RØDE VideoMic with Rycote Lyre Pack||RØDE VideoMic Pro with Rycote Lyre|
|Which VideoMic Are You?|
|Ideal For:||Smartphones||Camcorders, point and shoot, entry level DSLR||Camcorders, point & shoot, entry-level DSLR (Not compatible with Nikon D7000)||Camcorders, mid-range DSLR||Camcorders, mid-range DSLR||High-end DSLR, Full frame cameras|
|Scenarios:||Dialogue to camera, interview, movies||Dialogue to camera, interview, sports, music||Interview, dialogue to camera, sporting events, ambient audio, music||Interview, dialogue to camera||Interview, dialogue to camera||Interview, dialogue to camera, sporting events|
|Included Accessories:||Deluxe furry windshield||Deluxe furry windshield, 3.5mm TRS patch cable, Lyre shoe mount||Windshield, 3.5mm TRS patch cable||Windshield||Windshield, Boom Pole, Mic screw adaptor, Headphone extension cable (25')||Windshield|
|Output:||Mono (same output to Left and Right)||Mono (same output to Left and Right)||Mono (same output to Left and Right)||Mono (same output to Left and Right)||Mono (same output to Left and Right)||Mono (same output to Left and Right)|
|Power:||Supplied by device||Supplied by device||Supplied by camera||9V battery||9V battery||9V battery|
|Frequency Response:||100Hz – 20kHz||100Hz – 20kHz||100Hz - 16kHz||40Hz - 20kHz||40Hz - 20kHz||40Hz - 20kHz|
|High Pass Filter:||None||None||None||80Hz||80Hz||80Hz|
|Level Switch:||None||None||None||-20dB, -10dB||-20dB, -10dB||-10dB, +20dB|
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||3 x 9 x 5 in||3 x 13 x 5 in||3 x 10 x 4 in||2.8 x 7.95 x 14.84 in||4.2 x 10 x 5.2 in||3.19 x 6.06 x 8.5 in|
The Rode VideoMic Pro R is a compact and lightweight on-camera microphone, suitable for professional setups. It is designed to be used with camcorders, SLR cameras, and portable audio receivers. Equipped with a broadcast-quality condenser capsule, combined with a supercardioid pickup pattern, this wired microphone captures precise audio from the front while blocking out distortions. It includes an integrated shock mount and windscreen for added functionality.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It's a directional shotgun mic that is easy to use and set up. And it's passive, which means no batteries. While this may be a drawback for the more pro-user, the lack of battery or power may be better for the regular everyday user. With quality construction, it's built pretty tough - Mostly aluminum, with a bit of plastic on the back.
The Mic plugs in with a 3.5mm and is compatible with most smart devices that have the female end. There is even a passthrough connection in the back so you can listen after you record something. Heck, you can even use the Rode VideoMic Me for phone calls or FaceTime, if you want.
The kit is pretty decent and includes a dead cat and plastic clamping piece. All in all, a great device to capture better audio for Instagram, Snapchat or Facebook live, not to mention just recording memories on you device. I totally recommend this if you're in the market to increase the audio in your videos on a budget.
Now I'm not sure why the reviews are so high. Just because its a 'reputable' company shouldn't excuse them from producing subpar products. The VideoMic Go suffers from intense popping and static noises. The 'workaround' is to disable WiFi/Bluetooth/LTE on your phone when using the mic. This completely defeats the purpose of why I purchased this. I was going to use it for livestreaming. The fact that I cannot have WiFi/LTE/BT enabled while using the product is ridiculous. Returning the device and will not be purchasing any of Rode's DSLR/Smartphone Mic offerings. If anyone knows a good shotgun mic to purchase please PM me.
You dont sound like your in a box like other microphones on the market. Great addition to you DSLR or Camcorder...