Rode VideoMicPro Compact Directional On-Camera Microphone with Rycote Lyre Shockmount
|Sale:||$229.00 & FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
Discount Provided by Amazon.
|Connector Type||3.5 mm Jack|
|Item Weight||85 Grams|
About this item
- ENSURE YOU BUY GENIUNE RØDE PRODUCTS. Products from sellers which say ‘fulfilled by Amazon’ under the price are NOT authorized resellers, and may not be selling genuine product.
- A true shotgun microphone designed for camcorders, DSLR cameras and portable audio recorders as primary and reference audio
- The 1/2" condenser capsule provides broadcast-quality audio via a 3.5mm connector with an incredibly low self-noise of just 14db
- The Rycote Lyre based shock mounting system provides isolation from external factors that may cause unwanted rumble and vibrations
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
- Rycote Lyre shock mounting onboard.
- Ultra lightweight (85g/3oz).
- 9V battery powered - over 70 hours use (alkaline).
- Integrated shock mounting & foam windscreen.
- 3.5mm stereo mini-jack output (dual mono).
- Two step High Pass Filter (flat, 80Hz).
- Three position level control (-10dB, 0, +20dB).
- Camera shoe mount with 3/8” thread for easy boompole mounting.
RØDE VideoMic Pro
Compact Directional On-Camera Microphone with Rycote Lyre Shockmount
The RØDE VideoMic Pro is a true shotgun microphone designed for use with camcorders, DSLR cameras and portable audio recorders as a source of primary and reference audio. The VideoMic pro is battery powered, and provides over 70 hours recording from a single 9V battery.
- Rycote Lyre shock mounting onboard
- Capsule with lower noise and higher sensitivity
- Broadcast recording quality condenser microphone
- Compact form factor (150mm/6” length)
- Integrated shock mounting
- Integrated foam windscreen
- Camera shoe mount with 3/8” thread for easy boompole mounting
Easily accessible on the rear face of the microphone are the power, filter and level controls. In addition to the microphone's native 40Hz-20kHz response a selectable high-pass filter at 80Hz is available, which will prevent low end noise such as air conditioners and traffic from being recorded.
Below these controls are the level settings, which attenuate or boost the recorded level as required. The -10dB level attenuation (or PAD) is ideal for recording loud sound sources, such as live music, motorsport, or interviews where the subject is very close to the camera. The +20dB level boost is designed for use with DSLR cameras, allowing the user to reduce the camera's preamp level (or mic-input level), effectively reducing the amount of noise generated by the camera's comparatively low quality audio circuitry.
The microphone uses a standard sized shoe mount for on camera use, and features a 3/8-inch thread in the base of the mount for easy boom pole mounting.
|RØDE VideoMic Me||RØDE VideoMicro||RØDE VideoMic GO||RØDE VideoMic with Rycote Lyre||RØDE VideoMic with Rycote Lyre Pack||RØDE VideoMic Pro with Rycote Lyre|
|Which VideoMic Are You?|
|Ideal For:||Smartphones||Camcorders, point and shoot, entry level DSLR||Camcorders, point & shoot, entry-level DSLR (Not compatible with Nikon D7000)||Camcorders, mid-range DSLR||Camcorders, mid-range DSLR||High-end DSLR, Full frame cameras|
|Scenarios:||Dialogue to camera, interview, movies||Dialogue to camera, interview, sports, music||Interview, dialogue to camera, sporting events, ambient audio, music||Interview, dialogue to camera||Interview, dialogue to camera||Interview, dialogue to camera, sporting events|
|Output:||Mono (same output to Left and Right)||Mono (same output to Left and Right)||Mono (same output to Left and Right)||Mono (same output to Left and Right)||Mono (same output to Left and Right)||Mono (same output to Left and Right)|
|Power:||Supplied by device||Supplied by device||Supplied by camera||9V battery||9V battery||9V battery|
|Frequency Response:||100Hz – 20kHz||100Hz – 20kHz||100Hz - 16kHz||40Hz - 20kHz||40Hz - 20kHz||40Hz - 20kHz|
|High Pass Filter:||None||None||None||80Hz||80Hz||80Hz|
|Level Switch:||None||None||None||-20dB, -10dB||-20dB, -10dB||-10dB, +20dB|
Compare with similar items
Rode VideoMicro Compact On-Camera Microphone with Rycote Lyre Shock Mount
Rode VideoMic GO Lightweight On-Camera Microphone with Integrated Rycote Shockmount
TAKSTAR SGC-598 Interview Microphone for Nikon/Canon Camera/DV Camcorder
Rode VideoMic with Fuzzy Windjammer Kit
Rode SmartLav+ Omnidirectional Lavalier Microphone for iPhone and Smartphones, Black
|Sold By||Vadget||AVLGear||Vadget||RainbowImaging||Kellards||Rocket Square|
|Item Dimensions||9.00 x 3.00 x 5.00 inches||3.15 x 0.83 x 0.83 inches||0.00 x 0.00 x 0.00 inches||11.30 x 7.70 x 2.70 inches||10.00 x 3.00 x 4.00 inches||5.00 x 1.00 x 3.00 inches|
The Rode VideoMic Pro R is a compact and lightweight on-camera microphone, suitable for professional setups. It is designed to be used with camcorders, SLR cameras, and portable audio receivers. Equipped with a broadcast-quality condenser capsule, combined with a supercardioid pickup pattern, this wired microphone captures precise audio from the front while blocking out distortions. It includes an integrated shock mount and windscreen for added functionality. Camera shoe mount with 3/8 Inch thread for easy boompole mounting.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
//// AMAZON BUYERS BEWARE ////
RODE does not support or warranty equipment from sellers "Fulfilled by Amazon". Here is info from Rode's website:
Important information about purchasing from Amazon in the US.
RØDE Microphones does not authorize Fulfilled By Amazon. We have purchased counterfeit RØDE products using Fulfilled by Amazon and highly recommend that you only purchase RØDE products from authorised dealers.
If you purchase any RØDE microphone from an unauthorized dealer via Fulfilled By Amazon you will not receive any US warranty or technical support.
- Self powered condenser microphone with boost switch allowed me to turn down the volume on my camera so that there was less noise introduced from my camera's pre-amps.
- Tighter pickup pattern compared to the Rode VideoMicro which means less ambient noise bleed
- Great shock mount to remove unwanted noise from handling the camera
- For me, the microphone was a touch too big. The new version with the Rycote Lyre mount is slightly longer and wider than the old version.
- While there is an included windscreen, it is very ineffective and doesn't do the job that the VideoMicro's dead cat does. If you plan on using this outside, you will need to purchase the dead cat for this separately and that will also add size to it.
- While the signal was hotter and cleaner, I found that even with the low-cut filter on, the sound was a tad too muddy for my taste. If you are going to record music or something that requires good bass response, then this mic is for you. If like me, you plan on only recording vocals, I found that the VideoMicro had more shimmer and brightness to it that lent well to adding clarity to vocals.
- While having battery power means a hotter signal, it also means that you need to carry an extra one in case it dies.
This is a great mic and definitely captures a richer, and more detailed range of sounds than the VideoMicro, but I found the audio to be a touch muddy for vocals. For the added cost, and size, I felt that using the VideoMicro was plenty good enough for the work that I had planned. This mic is great, I just hope that this review will help you to decide if this mic is the right mic for you.
I had read people complaining about putting the battery in, so I carefully read the instructions and was able to remove/return the battery door on an EMPTY CHAMBER pretty easily. When I tried it with a 7-volt battery inserted, it became amazingly difficult.
After some thought and examination, I pulled off the RODE foam cover for the mic, exposing the battery mount area fully. Once I did that, putting the battery in and closing the door was easy. Kind of unfortunate that this is the easiest way to deal with it, but hardly the worst thing in the world.
Had to dial back the gain on my Nikon D850 to about 8 in order to eliminate the hiss (left the attenuation setting turned on), and then boosted the RODE by using that +20 switch. Sound was excellent, clearly audible from 10-15 feet away in a room with a ceiling fan running along with central air blowing - even better, the fan and air sounds really didn't register on the video. Sound sources from the side and behind were muted well in my tests.
Good mic, excellent for the price. No, you're not going to pick up a conversation from 50 feet away - get a wireless system if that's your goal. But if you're videoing within 20-30 feet, this thing works fine.
Top reviews from other countries
You don't get much in the box but then you don't need much - it's a microphone at the end of the day. But a very very good one.
It is a good mic but your subject needs to be close to it to get the full benefit and sound quality from it.
It is very good the closer you are to it, more depth and clarity over the built in mic on my dslr but the quality gets less and less the further away you are from it.
The battery cover is fiddly to get back on and is not the easiest to see which way to put the battery in.
There is a small sticker on the inside of the battery compartment showing which way to put the battery in but this could be easily missed if you did not know it was there, there is also a image on the back of the battery cover showing battery position as well. This mic is more suited for interviews and vlogging etc, it will pick up noise from behind and sides but this will not be as clear as what is in front of the mic as this is what it is for. If you were looking for a more ambient sound of the area you are in then the rode videomic stereo would be better for this purpose. If you purchase this mic you will also need to get your self a 9v battery as there is not one supplied with the mic, overall i am happy with this purchase.
One part I do not like is that there is a little clip under the rycote mount to attach the cable, and the cable often falls out (you're meant to attach the cable here to avoid sound issues if you knock the cable during recording.
I would recommend this if you are happy with the price, however it might be worth trying a cheaper option as well.