Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Rode VideoMicPro Compact Directional On-Camera Mic..." and save 54% off the $349.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Rode VideoMicPro Compact Directional On-Camera Microphone with Rycote Lyre Shockmount
- Amazon as the seller is the ONLY authorized Fulfilled By Amazon Dealer
- Purchases from unauthorized dealers carry No Warranty
- Compact TRRS cardioid microphone designed for iOS devices and smartphones
- High-quality directional microphone that connects directly to the iPhone TRRS microphone/headphone socket
- 3.5mm headphone output. Two step High Pass Filter (flat, 80Hz). Previous generations of the VideoMic Pro are incompatible with the new Rycote Lyre onboard shock mounting system
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted) - 20dB-A.Ultra lightweight (85g/3oz). Please refer the Quick Start Guide before use.
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
- Rycote Lyre shock mounting onboard.
- Ultra lightweight (85g/3oz).
- 9V battery powered - over 70 hours use (alkaline).
- Integrated shock mounting & foam windscreen.
- 3.5mm stereo mini-jack output (dual mono).
- Two step High Pass Filter (flat, 80Hz).
- Three position level control (-10dB, 0, +20dB).
- Camera shoe mount with 3/8” thread for easy boompole mounting.
RØDE VideoMic Pro
Compact Directional On-Camera Microphone with Rycote Lyre Shockmount
The RØDE VideoMic Pro is a true shotgun microphone designed for use with camcorders, DSLR cameras and portable audio recorders as a source of primary and reference audio. The VideoMic pro is battery powered, and provides over 70 hours recording from a single 9V battery.
- Rycote Lyre shock mounting onboard
- Capsule with lower noise and higher sensitivity
- Broadcast recording quality condenser microphone
- Compact form factor (150mm/6” length)
- Integrated shock mounting
- Integrated foam windscreen
- Camera shoe mount with 3/8” thread for easy boompole mounting
Easily accessible on the rear face of the microphone are the power, filter and level controls. In addition to the microphone's native 40Hz-20kHz response a selectable high-pass filter at 80Hz is available, which will prevent low end noise such as air conditioners and traffic from being recorded.
Below these controls are the level settings, which attenuate or boost the recorded level as required. The -10dB level attenuation (or PAD) is ideal for recording loud sound sources, such as live music, motorsport, or interviews where the subject is very close to the camera. The +20dB level boost is designed for use with DSLR cameras, allowing the user to reduce the camera's preamp level (or mic-input level), effectively reducing the amount of noise generated by the camera's comparatively low quality audio circuitry.
The microphone uses a standard sized shoe mount for on camera use, and features a 3/8-inch thread in the base of the mount for easy boom pole mounting.
|RØDE VideoMic Me||RØDE VideoMicro||RØDE VideoMic GO||RØDE VideoMic with Rycote Lyre||RØDE VideoMic with Rycote Lyre Pack||RØDE VideoMic Pro with Rycote Lyre|
|Which VideoMic Are You?|
|Ideal For:||Smartphones||Camcorders, point and shoot, entry level DSLR||Camcorders, point & shoot, entry-level DSLR (Not compatible with Nikon D7000)||Camcorders, mid-range DSLR||Camcorders, mid-range DSLR||High-end DSLR, Full frame cameras|
|Scenarios:||Dialogue to camera, interview, movies||Dialogue to camera, interview, sports, music||Interview, dialogue to camera, sporting events, ambient audio, music||Interview, dialogue to camera||Interview, dialogue to camera||Interview, dialogue to camera, sporting events|
|Output:||Mono (same output to Left and Right)||Mono (same output to Left and Right)||Mono (same output to Left and Right)||Mono (same output to Left and Right)||Mono (same output to Left and Right)||Mono (same output to Left and Right)|
|Power:||Supplied by device||Supplied by device||Supplied by camera||9V battery||9V battery||9V battery|
|Frequency Response:||100Hz – 20kHz||100Hz – 20kHz||100Hz - 16kHz||40Hz - 20kHz||40Hz - 20kHz||40Hz - 20kHz|
|High Pass Filter:||None||None||None||80Hz||80Hz||80Hz|
|Level Switch:||None||None||None||-20dB, -10dB||-20dB, -10dB||-10dB, +20dB|