Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 105 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 110 reviews
on November 28, 2011
i have to admit, i was very skeptical about this light modifier, but having to shoot a charity event with high ceilings, i knew i needed something so i wouldnt have to use direct flash. after doing so research i decided on this small flashbender, and i'm so glad i got it! the light is nice and diffuse, and looks much better than direct flash. now dont go thinking this can replace a softbox or large umbrella for light softness, it wont. but for event shooting and general shooting where you dont want off camera lighting, you really cant go wrong. it takes some practice to nail the settings and avoid harshness/glare/overexposure, but once you do i think you'll love the results. i'll upload some images when i get the chance.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on January 20, 2013
I had been looking into light modifiers for speedlights for quite some time, with an eye on flexibility and ease of use and transport.

This model of flashbender is the smaller one - it will not provide as wide a reflective surface as the bigger flashbener, resulting is a slightly harder light, but it is still significant.
I find myself using it a lot mounted in reverse, i.e. with the black side of the reflector turned towards the flash head itself, so as to use it as a flag for low-key portraits (i.e. I use it to avoid flash light on the background that I want to remain black).
It could be better designed for that purpose: the velcro is only on one side and it makes it a little tedious to attach, but the results are good.

I also used it as a rough snoot but there the results are not as clean as with a grid. Nonetheless useable when caught off guard without your trusted Rogue ROGUEGRID 3-In-1 Stacking Honeycomb Grid System with Pouch for all Shoe-Mount Flashes with Flash Units from Canon, Nikon, Sony, Metz, Nissin, Pentax, Olympus and Others.

I also use the bigger ones (Rogue FlashBenders ROGUERELG Large Positionable Reflector).
For nearly the same price they are a little less easy to fold and carry around, but more efficient at giving you a smooth light source. They are also heavier and will make the head of your flash droop if you try and set it to 45 degrees. For this last reason if I were to loose this smaller one I would still replace it instead of buying another of the bigger flashbenders.
on October 20, 2014
I felt it was very overpriced and I was little dismayed at the arrived item. You could probably produce similar effect with a piece of 8x11 paper. The reflection needed a lot of tweaking and cataloging which are not always easy to do while on a shooting assignment. My girlfriend as commented that the thing looked "silly" on my camera. I wouldn't have cared about the aesthetic or looking silly as long as it functioned but for the price and advertising, I feel it falls short and is pretty underwhelming. I'm sure you can get some good lighting effect on your subject with a lot of hit and miss experiments and messing around but that's not often practical in a real life situation on site outside a studio environment. Maybe the larger version would work better but I probably wouldn't give it another chance or have patience to make it more useful.
on October 21, 2010
I have been intrigued by this product ever since I saw it in a magazine. I have been using a Demb Photo-Journalist Flip-It for quite some time and have been very happy with it. But it's a little small and I wanted something just a little bigger for times when I need to bounce more light.

The FlashBender comes with a stretchable velcro attachment and mounts easily on my Canon 430EX-II flash. It's great because you can bend it to modify light in any direction and even shape it into a snoot. There are two bendable wires inside the FlashBender so it's very easy to adjust it if the lighting is not right. Simply give it a bend here or there and tweak it the way you want. I have used this for bouncing, diffusing, and directing flash and it was worked effectively.

The FlashBender is washable so you can keep the nice white surface clean. Also, because it is flexible, it is very portable and can be folded flat and put it into your camera bag. My small Demb Flip-It easily folds up as well so both products always travel with me when I take my flash along.

The only reason I deducted a star is that, even though it's not that large, it is still a little awkward. My smaller-sized Demb Flip-It is, well, smaller and less intimidating when taking pictures of people.

Overall, this is a really good light modifier for Speedlite users. It's versatile and portable and will certainly make your shots look better when using this with your external flash unit than without one.
on May 15, 2017
I love this thing. When travelling it provides a very nice defused light and requires very little storage space.
The FlashBender attaches to the flash easily and stays put. When you are done it slip right off. The design also allows for the use of gels without any fuss.

I keep my Nikon flash in a thinkTank "STROBE STUFF" pouch. I can roll up the FlashBender and store it right next to the flash in the pouch.
on July 15, 2017
Better than nothing but hard to control the light. No matter how you shape it you WILL have light spill.
Better than nothing but not as good as some other diffusers, like the ones from F Stoppers.
on May 12, 2015
After all the 5 star reviews I was a bit disappointed by this Flash Bender when I received it. The snoot function looks longer in the photo and its very hard to bend it into a nice circle. It has 2 bars that go on each size that provide the bend. I am not sure why they put them at an angle. The adjustment is kind of clumsy. I personally wanted this more for a snoot in different opening sizes but it needs more velcro areas outside so you could adjust it more. Like another viewer, I also have a few flash bounce attachments and wanted something more versitile. With all this being said the quality of this product is excellent. Nice thick fabric and it is stitched well. The quality of construction is certainly worth the price. This would be a good travel bouncer, Its very sturdy. If you are a beginner and have no bouncers at all this would be good to learn with.
on March 4, 2017
This thing is awesome! Your shots will be more natural looking & it takes up no room at all in your camera bag.
on May 26, 2012
I have used and liked a Lumaquest bounce system and really considered getting another for my new Metz 48 flash, but I decided to give the Rogue a try. And am I happy that I did! The flexibility gives you so much control over the bounce and the direction of the lighting that it takes some time experimenting to feel like you are getting the most out of it. But taking some time to experiment will pay of in more usable shots and, ultimately, more creative shots as well.

Another great thing is how easily this packs away. While it is flat so it can slide in a small area, I actually keep it attached to my flash upside down and simply wrap it around the flash. The whole unit slips in where I store the flash in my camera bag, so it is always available quickly.

I have docked it one star for a reason that others have mentioned and that is that it is heavy enough that it can sometimes cause the bounce-head of the flash to flop down when you have it angled. But this is not always and is not a major issue - certainly not something that would keep me from recommending the Rogue to a fried!
on June 18, 2015
Worked well and good quality. I used this at a wedding within two days of delivery. It really worked well when I had it on my speed light, both off and on camera. The image below was taken when the speed light was mounted "on" camera and using the bender to bounce the light on subjects.
review image