Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 414 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 441 reviews
on December 31, 2016
I have had my original Rogz leash for about 18 months now. It is holding up outstanding!! The only noticeable wear is that the logo tag that wraps around where the handle is stitched to close the loop at the leash is starting to wear -- but the actual stitching holding it all together is still in tact. I walk my dog at least once a day, plus we don't have a fenced yard so I often use it when taking her outside too. So, this leash gets a lot of use. When she was young, we used to let it drag behind her when training her off leash -- and she used to get excited walking her and start biting the leash -- buts its survived it all and holding up great! So great, I just ordered another since we are starting to foster dogs.
I have the 3/4 wide and 6ft long leash and it is all I need for my 50b mutt (tall and lean). The leash is comfortable in my hand -- not too thick and certainly not too thin. Highly recommend.
on July 16, 2013
I like the reflective stitching on all Rogz products that I have, and as usual, it is well made. But nylon is nylon. It WILL wear and your dog CAN chew through it. I rarely use this right now, I am using the cheaper ones and sometimes a chain, since my dog has been feeling rather "chewy" lately. I expect that now that her final puppy tooth has fallen out, that she will get a hold of herself and I can trust her with this expensive leash. So far, she has made progress not chewing her cheap ones, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
on September 27, 2012
My only suggestion would be that if they are going to call it reflective:
1. Make it actually reflect something
2. Whether it reflects or not, put 'reflective' stitching on both sides of the leash. The inside of the leash is plain; therefore, even if it did actually reflect light [it doesn't] people on both sides would not be able to see the reflection, only people on one side would be able to see the purported reflection.

Since I don't care about this reflective feature too much, I give it 5 stars.

It's made of some pretty rugged nylon and it feels good in my hand. I bought the 3/4 in [fanbelt] and it holds back my 50 lb pitbull with ease.
on July 7, 2015
I reviewed the RogZ utility collars (with the "Martingale" link) that match these types of leads. I own four of these leads- two @ 3/4" and two at 5/8". Just as the utility collars, these RogZ leads are very well made. They are comfortable in hand, made of quality materials, with exceptional build quality. All hardware performs well and has done so after years of daily use. I still cannot say enough good things about my "old" ones and now ordered a replacement for one that spent a little too much time in the mud! The 3/4" version I use helps control a psychotic Whippet who goes from being the laziest, most docile, sloth-like whippet on the planet, to a jumping, tugging, twisting, lunging, squirrel and bird chasing lunatic. We should have named him Jekyll or Hyde. The lead has never failed nor left the tell-tale badge of poor dog stewardship- friction burns on the forearms and hands! The reflective stitching is a nice bonus and actually catches quite a bit of light at night, even on the old, well-worn leads.

My only complaint is the limited colors available if you want to try to match collars and leads- especially for smaller breeds. When I ordered the first set of RogZ collars and leads a couple of years ago, I believe there were many more options.

If you are looking for skin-forgiving, functional, durable, very-well-made leads, avoid temptation to get the pirate skulls, flames, polka dots, flowers and lady bugs and order a RogZ lead in a nice plain red or black. I firmly believe you will LOVE these as I do.
on July 28, 2014
This was actually a little longer than I expected [a bonus, for me] and seems like it has around 1' of length on my other supposedly 6' leash. The white reflective threads are great for nighttime walks. The fabric and clip are durable. So far, it has held up really well despite several forays into saltwater, being drug through mud, and other dog adventures. I use it in conjunction with a prong collar on my 8 month old, 70 lb German Shepherd. We are still working on her pulling but I have no fears that the clasp on this leash will ever break. It is easy on and easy off even with the addition of mud/grime/saltwater.
on February 24, 2016
Great length and good quality material. I like the reflective strips along the length of the leash, although I don't think it serves much purpose as far as safety or visibility at night. I bought this leash for my sister's dog and ended up purchasing one for my own pup as well. It's a trusted brand and product and you can expect a functional, long-lasting product. The 6' leash is great for walking and running with my 30 lb dog and the thickness is great if you want to shorten the leash but wrapping it around your hand a bit. I sometimes use this leash for my roommates dog who is 10 lbs and it is a bit long for him. I would recommend a smaller size for a smaller dog. Overall a solid buy and I would recommend it to any pet owner!
on April 18, 2015
Great leash, I have a very fidigety / hyper 55lb dog and this thing works well. We run weekly and have gone swimming multiple times in the river and the ocean over the past year and this thing is still going strong. I've taken other leashes into the ocean and after one trip I can hardly open up the lock to clip / unclip the leash, this thing has no issues.
on October 6, 2013
This was the first leash we ordered for our Belgian Mal puppy. After the first couple of weeks, he started biting/chewing on it. He managed to snag some of the nylon, so after the first couple of months, we switched to a metal leash. However, we still use this one intermittently and it's holding up just fine; in fact, better than I expected. The lure of the material is just too tempting for him so I prefer the metal, but this one works when we use it.

I ran it through the wash in a lingerie bag and it came out clean.

Update: After three months of daily use (my husband always uses this leash, but I use both this and the metal one), we are ready to replace it. When our puppy bites the leash, he does so in the same spot, so it has worn the nylon down in that area. I still give this leash 4 stars because it is otherwise durable and it was an incredible price when we bought it (that price jumped by more than $5 so we went with a different brand for the replacement).
on July 23, 2012
The Rogz reflective 6 foot 3/4 inch leash works well for a young puppy and has withstood some moderate chewing attempts well. I use this in combination with a 11102 Canine Concepts Medium Black Mesh Non-pull Dog Harness for my 5 month old English cocker spaniel. It permits greater distance of movement for the pup when needed, and also the leash can be shortened to required levels for training purposes with hand-held loops. Better than the 4 foot leash usually recommended for pups this age.

The material is sturdy yet soft. The leash looks and feels well made. Hopefully it will last through the occasional chewings for a while. I note that in many reviews for leashes, buyers give poor ratings to the products because their dog destroyed the leash by biting and chewing. (I suspect in some cases, people may have bought products that were a little light for their dogs.) Ultimately there is no other way to fix this except by taking the time to train the dog to be well behaved.

I found this book--Imagine Life with a Well-Behaved Dog: A 3-Step Positive Dog-Training Program to be the most practical, no-nonsense and helpful book for training your dog to be well behaved. I have had my 5 month English cocker for one month and have been training him according to the guidance of the author (Julie A. Bjelland) with absolutely great results.
on May 28, 2015
This is a light but sturdy leash that has held up well to walking my 70lb, 8-month-old husky mix. At the times when he has decided to pull, I felt as though my arm would break before the leash did, it is very, very strong and tightly-woven. it has reflective threading on it just like the matching collar and it has remained very bright and shiny even when the leash is dirty. The coloring is very true to the image as displayed on my monitor, and it really helps to make my dog's blue eyes seem even brighter, would highly recommend for anyone with a blue-eyed dog, it makes their eye color really pop out!