Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Rokinon 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Ultra Wide Angle Lens Son..." and save 44% off the $499.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4 Year Asurion Camera Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers drops, spills and cracks and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Free shipping on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online or by phone 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card for full replacement value.
- Coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 48 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Rokinon 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Ultra Wide Angle Lens Sony E-Mount (NEX) (Black) (RK12M-E)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Nano Crystal Coating System (NCS) for increased light transmission and reduced internal reflections
- Aperture range f2.0-22, Ultra Wide 12mm Fixed Focal Length, minimum focusing distance of 7.9 inches
- Optimized for excellent optical quality and true ultra-wide 110 degree edge to edge coverage with APS-C sensor digital cameras
- Utilizes 3 high precision (2 Aspherical + 1 ED) lens elements for superior image quality
- Built for Mirrorless cameras, takes a 67mm filter size. Focus type : Manual Focus
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Rokinon 12mm F2.0 Compact Super Wide Angle for Sony E-Mount
Rokinon 12mm F/2.0 Overview
The Sony E-Mount Rokinon 12mm f/2.0 NCS CS Lens is a prime super wide angle lens designed specifically for Sony mirrorless cameras with APS-C sized image sensors. Providing a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 18mm and a broad 98.9° angle of view, this lens is great for interior, landscape, and architectural images. Its fast f/2.0 maximum aperture is further beneficial for nightscapes and other low-light conditions.
Key Features :
- Super Wide Angle of View
- Compact and Light in Weight
- Bright and Fast f/2.0 Maximum Aperture
- Nano Coating System for Maximum Light Transmission and Contrast
- Great for Low Light Indoor and Nightscape Photos and Videos
Low light photography and videography
With a fast f/2.0 maximum aperture you will be able to shoot later into the day and indoors without a flash or supplemental lighting.
Compact, light in weight and ruggedly built, it's a perfect match for your Sony to take everywhere when traveling.
Super Wide Angle View
A super wide angle lens brings more of the world into the frame without distortion. When shooting landscapes, architecture or interiors the Rokinon 12mm f2.0 will enable you to capture it all without cropping out important parts of the scene.
- Coverage: APS-C.
- Optical Construction: 12 Glass Elements In 10 Groups.
- Aperture Range: F2.0 to F22.
- Diaphragm Blades: 6.
- Coating: Nano Coating System.
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 7.87”(0.2m).
- Filter Size: 67mm.
- Lens Hood: Removable Petal Shaped Included.
- Maximum Diameter: 2.85”(72.5mm).
Focus is achieved without any lengthening or rotation of the front lens element. This allows the easy use of polarizing and other filters where the position of the filter must be maintained.
Nano Coating System
Nano Coating System improves light transmission and suppresses lens flare and ghosting for more contrast-rich, color neutral images.
A lens with Low Chromatic Aberration allows all colors to come into focus in exactly the same place for reduced color fringing and increased sharpness.
Helps to prevent the distortion of point sources of light, such as stars, from appearing to have a tail like a comet.
Prime Lens Advantages
Prime lenses are typically sharper than zoom lenses. They are less of a compromise. They don't require the extra glass that moves in order to zoom. As a result, you get a better quality photographs due to less diffraction, which increases with higher number of lens elements inside as in the case of zoom lenses.
The prime lens gathers more light as a direct result of the wider aperture, thus increasing the general quality of the image in low light.
Fixed focal length lenses generally have smaller number of elements inside and no moving elements (except for focus, of course). It means that the amount of distortion is significantly smaller when compared to the focal length equivalent of zoom lenses.
Primes are significantly smaller in size when compared to zoom lenses, thus more suitable for traveling and packing. And since they are smaller, they tend to weigh less, thus they wear you down less.
Included in the Box
- Rokinon 12mm f/2.0 NCS CS Lens for Sony E-Mount.
- Front Lens Cap.
- Rear Lens Cap.
- Lens Hood.
- Lens Pouch.
- Limited 1-Year Warranty.
Rokinon - Professional Quality Optics
Since 1979, Rokinon lenses and optics have been synonymous with unparalleled quality and integrity. The Rokinon brand continues to deliver on its stellar reputation by providing superbly engineered and innovative products at prices that are affordable. As one of the largest and most popular brands of DSLR camera lenses in the world, you can be confident and secure that Rokinon products will provide outstanding performance with unsurpassed durability. Rokinon is proud to provide a wide range of mounts including Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Sony, Canon M, Fujifilm X, Sony E, Samsung NX, as well as Micro Four Thirds cameras. Whether you plan to acquire new lenses or add on to a existing collection, Rokinon helps you unlock your creative potential and focus on the value and performance that only Rokinon lenses can achieve.
Compare with similar items
Rokinon RK12M-E-SIL 12mm F2.0 Ultra Wide Angle Fixed Lens for Sony E-mount (NEX) and for Other Cameras
Samyang SY12M-E-BK 12mm F2.0 Ultra Wide Angle Lens for Sony E Cameras, Black
Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens for Sony E
Sony SEL35F18 35mm f/1.8 Prime Fixed Lens
Rokinon RK12M-M 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Ultra Wide Angle Fixed Lens for Canon EF-M Mount Compact System Cameras (Black)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||OpticsDeals||Circuit City||Amazon.com||Photo Savings|
|Compatible Camera Mount||Other||Other||Other||Sony E, Sony E||Sony E (NEX)||Other|
|Focus Type||manual-focus||—||manual-focus||auto-focus||Stepper motor||manual-focus|
|Item Dimensions||2.8 x 2.3 x 2.8 in||2.8 x 2.3 x 2.8 in||2.8 x 2.3 x 2.8 in||2.83 x 3.62 x 2.83 in||2.48 x 1.77 x 2.48 in||2.8 x 2.3 x 2.8 in|
|Item Weight||0.6 lb||7.52 ounces||0.6 lb||0.99 lb||5.47 ounces||0.6 lb|
|Lens Type||Wide-angle||Fixed||Wide-angle||wide-angle||Prime lens||Wide-angle|
|Maximum Focal Length||12 millimeters||12||12 millimeters||16||35 millimeters||12 millimeters|
|Minimum Focal Length||12 millimeters||12||12 millimeters||16||35 millimeters||12 millimeters|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||67 millimeters||67 millimeters||—||67 millimeters||49 millimeters||—|
Made just for mirrorless mounts is the new Rokinon 12mm f/2.0 NCS CS lens. It is available in Canon EF-M, Fujifilm X, Samsung NX, Sony E and Micro Four Thirds mounts. Its 35mm focal length equivalency for MFT cameras is 24mm, for Canon M cameras it is 19.2mm, and for the other three mounts, 18mm. With an f/2.0 maximum aperture, it is particularly effective in low-light capture and can control shallow depth of field for precise subject focus with pleasing out-of-focus backgrounds. It offers a minimum focus distance of 7.9". The lens’s impressive optical construction consists of three Extra-low Dispersion elements, one aspherical, and one hybrid aspherical element. The nano-crystal coating is applied to the inner surface of the two front-most lens elements to minimize ghosting and flare and improve overall image clarity. The Rokinon 12mm accepts front filters and provides a 67mm diameter thread.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Performance: The lens performed very well for my uses. I'm only going to shoot landscapes and nightscapes with this lens. The center is sharp at F/2.0, peaking at about F/5.6. The corners are a bit soft wide open, but sharpen up dramatically at F/4.0. When focused to infinity at the stars, the corners were surprisingly good wide open. The coma was well controlled too. It can do up to a 25 second exposure without getting star trails. There is little distortion, and there shouldn't be a problem fixing it in post. It has strong vignetting at F/2.0, but improves at F/2.8. Overall, it has excellent performance for a $400 lens.
Other Thoughts: I set the C2 button on my A6000 to magnify so that it's easy to focus. It feels well balanced and is only a little heavier than the Sony E 50mm F/1.8. This lens is very aesthetic and looks even better on a black camera.
Update March 2016:
I use it primarily to photograph seascapes and for night timelapses. It's been splashed by ocean waves many times and it's still going strong. Compared to other wide angle lenses, this one is very small and light. It's perfect to take hiking if you want to bring the minimal amount of gear. I use a Tiffen 3-stop ND filter for shooting waterfalls and the ocean.
UPDATE: PHOTOS ADDED
Miami Skyline - shot at f/22
Jamaica Waterfall - shot at f/8
Milky Way and ISS - shot at f/2
This Rokinon is the perfect landscape lens for this camera. Not only that, but it's close focus and super shallow depth of field make it an interesting and quite good portrait or product lens, also it excels at low light night photography being an f2 lens. The focus ring is a bit stiff but I really like that, it won't accidentally move if bumped or rubbed. The Apeture ring has detents which is nice also. This lens is always with me and wouldn't replace it with any other wide.
- large aperture … great fast wide angle lens for low light and astrophotography.
- Definetly a massive upgrade from the sony 16-55mm kit lens in terms of sharpness and lowlight performance.
- Manual aperture selection is great for doing holy grail time lapses. Get the declicked cine version if you want to use for video
- Manual focus ring is smooth with just the right amount of resistance IMO.
- comes with lens hood and small bag.
- lacks autofocus or optical image stabilization (not a big deal if you have sony w/ focus magnification)
- no electronic communication with camera also means that you don't get metadata. This is frustrating when you want to remember what aperature you used to get a shot or when trying to process raw files with LR time lapse.
- large front element on lens sticks out enough that you really really need to be careful not to scratch it when putting cap or ND filter on