Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Roku 2 XS 1080p Streaming Player (Old Model)” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 50% off the $89.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Roku 2 XS 1080p Streaming Player (Old Model)
|Price:||$74.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$15.00 (17%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 600+ channels with movies, TV shows, music, sports & more
- High-definition streaming up to 1080p HD
- Works with virtually any TV
- Free app for iOS and Android
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
The top-of-the-line Roku 2 XS delivers the best experience in 1080p HD streaming to your TV—plus motion-based gaming for an extra dose of great entertainment.
600+ channels and growing. Movies and TV shows from Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Hulu Plus, VUDU and HBO GO, plus live sports, music, news, international, and more, up to 1080p HD.
Game-ready remote. Features motion control for playing games and full version of Angry Birds.
One-stop search. Find your favorite movies and TV shows all from one place—no matter if they’re on Netflix, Amazon Instant Video or Hulu Plus.
Free iOS and Android app. Use it like a remote. Browse and add new channels. Even stream your music and photos from your phone or tablet to your TV.
More connectivity options. Includes Ethernet for wired connection and USB for playing music, photos and videos.
The easiest setup. Works with virtually any TV, includes built-in wireless and sets up in minutes.
The smallest streaming player. Has the footprint of a hockey puck, streams silently, and uses less power than a night-light.
More and more streaming choices
With over 600 entertainment channels and counting, Roku 2 has something for virtually everyone, including:
- Over 150,000 movies and TV shows at your fingertips from Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video, HBO GO, VUDU and more
- Unlimited music from Pandora, MOG, Rdio, and Live365
- Live sports packages including NBA League Pass, NHL GameCenter Live, MLS Matchday, UFC, and MLB.TV
- Photo and video sharing via Facebook, Flickr, and Picasa
- The top news sources, including MSNBC, Fox News, and WSJ
Need a break from the movies? Roku 2 also brings some of the most popular casual games to your TV:
- Enhanced Bluetooth remote features sensors to support motion-based game play, as well as game-ready buttons to support furious button action
- Available games include the Angry Birds series, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy, and Storm in a Teacup
- Includes a FREE full version of the Angry Birds game!
- Built-in MicroSD slot makes it easy to add additional storage for hundreds more games in the future
Compare Roku models
|600+ entertainment channels|| || || || |
|One-stop search|| || || || |
|Works with virtually any TV|| || || || |
|Built-in wireless (Wi-Fi b/g/n compatible)|| || || || |
|Free app for iOS and Android|| || || || |
|Plays 720p HD video*|| || || || |
|Plays full HD video (1080p)*|| || || |
|Motion control for games|| || || |
|Free Angry Birds™ game|| |
|Ethernet + USB ports|| || || |
* Availability of 720p or 1080p HD video varies by entertainment channel.
**All Roku 2 models feature a MicroSD memory slot for adding additional storage capacity, plus Bluetooth for adding an RF remote control.
Included with the Roku 2 XS
- Enhanced remote with motion control for games
- Angry Birds game
- Two AA batteries
- A/V cable (red/white/yellow)
- Power adapter
- Get Started guide
- 90-day manufacturer warranty
What you need
- A TV
- High-speed Internet service with a speed of at least 1.2 Mbps (such as mid-level DSL). For HD video, 5 Mbps is recommended (if you’re not sure what your broadband speed is, go to www.speedtest.net and run the simple test)
- A wireless router
Top Customer Reviews
This little player, about the size of a hockey puck, is exactly what I was looking for. It's cheap, easy, and fun. I got it to play Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Vimeo, and everything else it does is a pleasant add-on, especially motion-controlled Angry Birds. If you're in the market for a Roku 2, I think you might as well get this high-end model (there are stripped-down versions for less money) since it has a few more capabilities, including a game controller, an ethernet jack, and a USB port for playing external files. The software interface is not slick but everything fast and responsive. I added a star because this unit has proven itself much more stable than it was at launch, due to frequent software updates. The HBO Go app is particularly useful, which allows you to stream from HBO on demand from a huge catalog of movies and TV shows if you have a cable subscription with HBO included.
How is the Roku 2 different from the Apple TV (which it resembles, and I also considered)? It's physically similar and has some overlapping features, but here are the main differences as I see them:
BOTH have Netflix Streaming, Hulu+, Vimeo, and sports channels such as NBA and MLB (subscription required for the sports stuff). Both have wired and wireless network capabilities. Both are tiny, power-sipping, unobtrusive little devices that could probably be embedded in TV hardware.
AppleTV (not the Roku 2!) has tight iTunes integration, including iTunes movie rentals, streaming from a local PC/Mac with iTunes installed, and YouTube. Nearly all Apple iTunes video content can be streamed via Apple's iCloud if you don't want to use a local computer as a media source.Read more ›
As you know there is 3 versions, I absolutely recommend you spend the money on the XS (99.95) model, the main reason is because it's the only model with a USB port. Which in short term will allow you connect USB HD and play any movies you may of ripped from your DVD's. I have a 4TB array connected with most of my DVD collection, which is close to 1000 movies.
Roku has three type of channels:
The public channels are the once visible in what is called "Channel Store". Currently there about 300, but channels are added weekly. Looking at fan blogs, there has yet to be a weeks in about 4 months, that at least several channels weren't added.
Now channels can fall into three categories, Pay, Free, and Subscription.
Pay means you pay onetime fee and you get access to the channel, subscriptions are channels like Netflix, Hulu Plus, etc... if you already have those subscriptions, you just add them at no additional cost. If you are an amazon prime customer then you will get access to amazon prime streaming collection, about 9000 movies and shows. You can also rent movies from .99 cents to 3.99. Or you can digitally buy movies, which will then be permanently accessible to you through any device that supports the Amazon channel.
I will admit that half the pay channels are bad, so do your homework before laying out money for any channel that requires either a onetime fee or subscription. You have to understand the Roku is a streaming device, they are not a content provider, so they don't have anything to do with setting prices.Read more ›
But I had a Dickens of a time getting the remotes to pair with the base units, so I thought I'd share what I've learned.
I kept trying to pull the batteries and push the pairing button, as shown in the little manual, but it wasn't working. Here's what finally worked on all my units.
Put the batteries into the remote FIRST, before you plug in the Roku base unit. Have the remote right next to the Roku base unit when you supply power to the base unit. The base unit will then properly search for, and find, the remote and pair with it during the boot-up process. I tried it every other way I could think of, but couldn't get the two to pair properly. This method did the trick. You'll know everything's correct when you stop seeing flashing lights on the remote.
* The Box is tiny and the setup is a breeze. I was up and streaming in under 5 mins.
* Netflix, Huluplus, Amazon and Pandora worked fine
* Streaming in 1080p worked fine without buffering (I use Xfinity) and the quality is superb
* The Ethernet option (available only in XS) is very helpful and the Quality of streaming is far better than wireless
and the not so good stuff:
* The Box does not have adequate memory and needs an external micro-SD card for more capacity
* The device re-booted a few times for me when switching between channels. I was initially very upset with this as the reboot process takes about 3-4 mins. I called support and they asked me to uninstall Angry Birds as it takes up huge amount of space. Did that and then on no re-boots. This sucks as Roku 2 advertises Angry Birds big time and the remote is designed for that, but the device is not capable without additional memory
* It is non-sense that I buy the high end XS version for Ethernet and HD support and I still have to buy HDMI cable and Ethernet cable separately!
* I mainly bought Roku for streaming International Channels and to my horror I found that most of the channels do not work in Roku 2!! Apparently Roku 2's video format is different to that of Roku 1. Roku support says that the Channel provider needs to fix it and the Channel provider's support say that Roku needs to fix it!!! So why advertise them and make me sign up for them then??
* Finally, many channels have sub-channels within them. Switching from One channel is only possible through menus and there are no short-cuts.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This was a great unit, we loved this unit when we had it. We now have a Roku 3. This model did seem like it would lag a bit and have some delayed responses. Read morePublished 9 days ago by STRUCT
As I started to use this Roku2, I found that I did not need to have Cable AT ALL!! Why is this not blasted all over the world?? Read morePublished 26 days ago by RAINY DAY MITCHELL
Great product! Five stars! Not as fast as newer Roku models, but compatible with virtually any TV (newer digital or older analog). Read morePublished 1 month ago by Dave H
BEST streamer around!! Have bought these for almost every room and never been disappointed once. You'll be so happy the day you ditch your cable bill!!! Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Great product, the Radio remote is very helpful as ours is located in the closet. Perfect for those who want to consolidate all the accounts in one place for ease of use.Published 1 month ago by randumtasx
What a disappointment. I constantly have to reboot the system because it just stops working. Streaming freezes, screens go black, downloads stop mid stream.Published 2 months ago by Nina M. Wood