|Item Weight||1.1 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||1.5 x 0.8 x 2.8 inches|
|Country of Origin||China|
|Item model number||829610003252|
|Batteries||2 AAA batteries required. (included)|
Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $2.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty. Power surges covered from day one.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online at www.Asurion.com/Amazon or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon.com Gift Card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts are available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- MORE DETAILS: Additional information about this protection plan is available within the “Product guides and documents” section. Simply click “User Guide” for more info. Asurion will also email your plan confirmation with Terms & Conditions to the address associated with your Amazon account within 24 hours of purchase (if you do not see this email, please check your spam folder). Contact us if you cannot locate your plan confirmation and Terms & Conditions via email at AmazonFeedback@Asurion.com.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Roku Express | HD Streaming Media Player with High Speed HDMI Cable and Simple Remote
Enhance your purchase
|Supported Internet Services||Netflix, Prime Video, HBO, Hulu with Live TV, Apple TV, The Roku Channel, Showtime and Google Play|
|Controller Type||Remote Control|
|Form Factor||Tv stick|
|Model Name||Roku Express|
|Item Weight||1.1 Ounces|
About this item
- Watch what you love: Start streaming with a massive selection of free, live, and premium TV, including Roku Originals and 275 plus live TV channels for free on The Roku Channel
- Quick and easy setup: It’s easy to get started with everything you need included in the box, including a High Speed HDMI Cable—just plug it into your TV and connect to the internet
- Tons of power, tons of fun: Compact and power-packed, you'll stream your favorites with ease, including movies and series on HBO Max, Netflix, Disney plus, and Prime Video
- Simple remote: Incredibly easy to use, this remote features shortcut buttons to popular streaming channels
- The free Roku mobile app: Control your Roku device with a convenient second remote, search with your voice, enjoy private listening with wireless headphones, and more on your iOS or Android device
- Always up to date: Get the latest features, newest channels, and more with automatic software updates
- Works with popular voice assistants: Enjoy easy voice control with Siri, Alexa, or Hey Google
- Share it with Apple AirPlay: Effortlessly share videos, photos, music, and more from your Apple devices to your TV
Buy this product as Renewed and save $3.87 off the current New price.
Customers also search
Compare with similar items
| || |
Roku Express 4K+ 2021 | Streaming Media Player HD/4K/HDR with Smooth Wireless Streaming and Roku Voice Remote with TV Controls, Includes Premium HDMI® Cable
Roku Premiere | HD/4K/HDR Streaming Media Player, Simple Remote and Premium HDMI Cable, Black
Roku Premiere | HD/4K/HDR Streaming Media Player with Simple Remote and Premium HDMI Cable, Black (Renewed)
Roku LE Streaming Media Player 3930S3, Fast, High Definition - 1080p Full HD (Includes Charging Cube, Remote, Batteries, & High-Speed HDMI Cable, Redbox Promo) , White
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Connectivity Technology||Wi-Fi||Wi-Fi||Built-in Wi-Fi||Built-in Wi-Fi||Hdmi|
|Item Dimensions||1.5 x 0.8 x 2.8 inches||3 x 1.6 x 0.83 inches||3.3 x 1.4 x 0.7 inches||7.7 x 5 x 2 inches||6 x 4 x 4 inches|
|Item Weight||1.10 ounces||1.60 ounces||1.28 ounces||0.60 lbs||0.50 lbs|
|Supported Internet Services||Apple TV, Prime Video, Netflix, The Roku Channel, HBO, Showtime and Google Play, Hulu with Live TV||netflix||Amazon Instant Video, Netflix, YouTube, Vudu, Pandora||Amazon Instant Video, Netflix, YouTube, Vudu, Pandora||Hulu|
|Total HDMI Ports||1||1||—||—||—|
|Total USB Ports||1||1||—||—||—|
Roku Express delivers a smooth HD streaming experience on your TV at our best price. It’s easy to get started—just plug it into your TV with the included High Speed HDMI Cable and connect to the internet. With a short step by step setup and an easy on screen experience, Roku Express is perfect for new users, but powerful enough for seasoned pros. Start streaming a massive selection of free, live, and premium TV, including Roku® Originals only on The Roku Channel. The customizable home screen puts your favorite channels like Disney+, Prime Video, HBO Max, Apple TV+, Netflix, Sling, Freebee and Hulu front and center, so you can spend your time streaming—not scrolling. Use the free Roku mobile app as a convenient second remote and enjoy voice search, private listening with wireless headphones, and more. This Roku Express also works with popular voice assistants. Ask your Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled device to launch channels, search for entertainment, control your streaming, and more. You can also control your TV using the Apple Home app or Siri on your Apple devices plus share videos, photos, and music from your Apple device using AirPlay.
What's in the box
From the manufacturer
Do I have to pay an activation fee?
No. Roku players do not require an activation fee, registration fee, equipment rental fee, service fee, or any charge for support of any kind.
Which HDMI cord comes with Roku Express?
Roku Express includes a 3-ft. High Speed HDMI Cable.
Can I still watch my regular shows live?
Yes, live TV is easy to access and watch. Catch news, sports, live events, and more the moment it airs with live TV channels like Sling. The Roku Channel even offers the free Live TV Channel Guide that you can browse, like cable.
Can Roku Express replace my cable box?
Yes. Some cable services allow you to access all or most of your cable channels on a Roku device if you keep your main cable box and subscription. Replace your extra boxes with a Roku Express instead—no extra monthly rental fees!
Will Roku Express work with Alexa, Siri, or Hey Google?
Yes! Just ask your Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled device to launch channels, search for entertainment, and control your streaming. You can also control your device using Apple Home app or Siri on your Apple devices.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Now about using it. Setting everything up doesn't take long, around 10-15 minutes. Once you have it set up, it's eay to use to get on Netflix, or Amazon Prime to watch your favorite shows. You can also download some other apps to get some free TV to you flip through another couple hundred channels and complain about there is nothing to watch, because we all know we do that. When watching something, the picture does take a minute to download, buffer, and catch up, so the first little bit may be a bit blurry, but it evens out. There is also the Roku app for your phone, and this adds some ease of use. Instead of using the remote to attempt to hit the sensor on the device, you can connect to the Roku on your phone as long as they are on the same WiFi network.
If you want to stream easier on your TV, or your TV doesn't have the Smart features you want, I would recommend this. If you want 4K video, then you need to look at something else because this doesn't off it. Also, if you really need to use 5GHz WiFi, then also, look elsewhere. Now, I can't compare this to other models, but this works well for what I wanted it for. Would recommend.
A major issue for some consumers might be the 2.4 GHz wireless connection. After several days of use, we have seen no issues. Streaming has been perfect, no lagging or interruptions, and load time seems no longer than any of the other Roku units we own.
Installation was easy and there should be no hiccups for the majority of users. This was the first time that Roku asked me to sign up with a Google account, so it took the extra few minutes for me to set that up, but otherwise it was no harder than usual.
If you are looking for a solid unit and a great price, you can't do better than this unit. Five stars.
As it turns out, a lot of HDMI signal switches/splitters sold on Amazon are NOT HDCP compatible. (HDCP is a form of digital copy protection; I only learned about this when trying to troubleshoot this Roku). A lot of channels available on the Roku use HDCP. So, as a result, content from those channels could not be streamed from the Roku to our TV through our HDMI switch/splitter. It took some Googling to figure this out - the Roku support article regarding HDCP error messages mostly discussed unplugging and replugging things, and turning things on and off again. It did not mention HDMI signal switch/splitter incompatibility. I would have been up and running more quickly, and ultimately more satisfied, if that had been the case.
After figuring this out, I plugged the Roku directly into the TV, and it worked perfectly. Unfortunately, I had to rearrange all of our other HDMI inputs in order to do this.
If you are reliant on HDMI switches/splitters, figure out if your switch is HDCP compatible before getting this incarnation of Roku.
Also, it is advertised that the Roku mobile app has a keyboard function - on my iOS, the the mobile remote control functions that I've tried work, with the exception of the mobile keyboard. Hopefully a Google search will yield a fix, but I would be even more satisfied if this keyboard feature worked right out of the box.
The remote control stopped working after a month. It's a good thing there is a mobile Roku app. Otherwise, we'd have to order a new remote.