|Item Weight||1.1 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||1.5 x 0.8 x 2.8 inches|
|Country of Origin||China|
|Item model number||3930R|
|Batteries||2 AAA batteries required. (included)|
Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $2.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty. Power surges covered from day one.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. We will send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product. In some cases, we will replace or repair it.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Roku Express | HD Streaming Media Player with High Speed HDMI Cable and Simple Remote
|List Price:||$29.99 Details|
|Price:||Get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$5.00 (17%)|
|Supported Internet Services||Netflix, Prime Video, HBO, Hulu with Live TV, Apple TV, The Roku Channel, Showtime and Google Play|
|Product Dimensions||1.5 x 0.8 x 2.8 inches; 1.1 Ounces|
|Controller Type||Google_assistant, Amazon_alexa|
About this item
- Watch what you love: Upgrade your streaming with a massive selection of free, live, and premium TV, including Roku Originals and 150 plus free Live TV channels on The Roku Channel
- Streaming made easy: Roku express lets you stream free, live and premium TV over the internet right to your TV; it’s perfect for new users, secondary TVs and easy gifting but powerful enough for seasoned pros
- Quick and easy setup: just plug it into your TV with the included high speed HDMI cable and connect to the internet to get started. TV Compatibility: HD TVs, Up to 1080p (1920 x 1080) with up-scaling from 720p
- Tons of power, tons of fun: Compact and fast, you’ll stream your favorites with ease; with movies and series on Apple TV+, Prime Video, Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, SHOWTIME, and Hulu with Live TV, enjoy the most talked about entertainment
- Low cost, no extra fees: for under Dollar 30, Roku express streaming device includes a high speed HDMI cable and there’s no monthly equipment fee; with access to free TV on hundreds of channels, there’s plenty to stream without spending extra
- Simple remote: Incredibly easy to use, this remote features shortcut buttons to popular streaming channels
- Endless entertainment: stream it all, including free TV, live news, sports, and more; never miss award-winning shows, the latest blockbuster hits, and more; access 500, 000 plus movies and TV episodes; stream what you love and cut back on cable TV bills
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Do I have to pay an activation fee?
No. Roku players do not require an activation fee, registration fee, equipment rental fee, or charge for support of any kind.
Do you need a smart TV to use it?
No. Roku Express can be connected to any TV with an HDMI connection. Just plug it into power and connect it to your TV with the included High Speed HDMI Cable. Remember, to enjoy HD entertainment, you’ll need a compatible TV.
Can I get local channels?
Several free channels offer live and on-demand local newscasts and clips. With a subscription, services like Hulu + Live TV, Sling TV, and YouTube TV deliver channels in select markets. You may also The Roku Channel to search for local affiliates.
Can I use this with my existing Roku Streaming Stick+ and remote?
Yes, you can set up your Roku Express and Roku Streaming Stick+ on separate devices. Multiple players can be linked to one Roku account, or you can link each one to a different account. However, you cannot use multiple streaming players on one TV.
Will Roku Express work with Alexa, or Hey Google?
Yes! Most Roku devices work with these voice assistants. Just ask Alexa or say “Hey Google” to launch channels, search for entertainment, and control your streaming.
To see a full list of compatible Roku devices, visit Support on the Roku website.
Compare with similar items
Roku Streaming Stick+ | HD/4K/HDR Streaming Device with Long-range Wireless and Voice Remote with TV Controls
Fire TV Stick (3rd Gen) with Alexa Voice Remote (includes TV controls) | HD streaming device
Roku Express 4K+ 2021 | Streaming Media Player HD/4K/HDR with Smooth Wireless Streaming and Roku Voice Remote with TV Controls, Includes Premium HDMI Cable
Roku Ultra 2020 | Streaming Device HD/4K/HDR/Dolby Vision with Dolby Atmos, Bluetooth Streaming, and Roku Voice Remote with Headphone Jack and Personal Shortcuts, includes Premium HDMI Cable
Fire TV Stick Lite with Alexa Voice Remote Lite (no TV controls) | HD streaming device
|Shipping||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Connectivity Technology||Wi-Fi||Built-in Wi-Fi||—||Wi-Fi||Bluetooth, USB||Dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi supports 2x2 MIMO 802.11a/b/g/n/ac|
|Item Dimensions||1.5 x 0.8 x 2.8 inches||3.7 x 0.8 x 0.47 inches||3.38 x 1.18 x 0.49 inches||3 x 1.6 x 0.83 inches||4.9 x 4.9 x 0.8 inches||3.38 x 1.18 x 0.49 inches|
|Item Weight||1.10 ounces||0.57 lbs||1.12 ounces||1.60 ounces||7.90 ounces||1.21 ounces|
|Supported Internet Services||Apple TV, Prime Video, Netflix, The Roku Channel, HBO, Showtime and Google Play, Hulu with Live TV||Apple TV, Prime Video, Netflix, The Roku Channel, HBO, Showtime and Google Play, Hulu with Live TV||Netflix; Prime Video; YouTube, Hulu; Disney+, AppleTV+; Showtime; Starz; IMDb Tv; Pluto TV; Browse millions of websites like Facebook, and Reddit using Firefox or Silk.||Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Instant Video, Hulu||—||Netflix; Prime Video; YouTube, Hulu; Disney+, AppleTV+; Showtime; Starz; IMDb Tv; Pluto TV; Browse millions of websites like Facebook, and Reddit using Firefox or Silk.|
|Total HDMI Ports||1||—||1||1||1||1|
Roku Express Streaming Media Player delivers a smooth HD streaming experience on your TV at our best price. It’s easy to get started—just plug it into your TV with the included High Speed HDMI Cable and connect to the internet. With a short step by step setup and an easy on screen experience, Roku Express Media Player is perfect for new users, but powerful enough for seasoned pros. Stream what you love, including live TV, news, sports, hit movies, popular shows, and more. Plus, with access to hundreds of free channels, there’s plenty to enjoy without spending extra. It’s easy to stream what you love and cut back on cable TV bills with access to 500,000+ movies and TV episodes across thousands of free channels. Enjoy free TV channels: Stream live TV, 24/7 news, sports, movies, shows, and more on The Roku Channel, plus a huge collection of free entertainment from top channels on Featured Free. The free Roku mobile app turns your iOS or Android device into the ultimate streaming companion; control your Roku Express Media Player, use voice search, enjoy private listening, and more on iOS and Android . Automatic software updates.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Now about using it. Setting everything up doesn't take long, around 10-15 minutes. Once you have it set up, it's eay to use to get on Netflix, or Amazon Prime to watch your favorite shows. You can also download some other apps to get some free TV to you flip through another couple hundred channels and complain about there is nothing to watch, because we all know we do that. When watching something, the picture does take a minute to download, buffer, and catch up, so the first little bit may be a bit blurry, but it evens out. There is also the Roku app for your phone, and this adds some ease of use. Instead of using the remote to attempt to hit the sensor on the device, you can connect to the Roku on your phone as long as they are on the same WiFi network.
If you want to stream easier on your TV, or your TV doesn't have the Smart features you want, I would recommend this. If you want 4K video, then you need to look at something else because this doesn't off it. Also, if you really need to use 5GHz WiFi, then also, look elsewhere. Now, I can't compare this to other models, but this works well for what I wanted it for. Would recommend.
As it turns out, a lot of HDMI signal switches/splitters sold on Amazon are NOT HDCP compatible. (HDCP is a form of digital copy protection; I only learned about this when trying to troubleshoot this Roku). A lot of channels available on the Roku use HDCP. So, as a result, content from those channels could not be streamed from the Roku to our TV through our HDMI switch/splitter. It took some Googling to figure this out - the Roku support article regarding HDCP error messages mostly discussed unplugging and replugging things, and turning things on and off again. It did not mention HDMI signal switch/splitter incompatibility. I would have been up and running more quickly, and ultimately more satisfied, if that had been the case.
After figuring this out, I plugged the Roku directly into the TV, and it worked perfectly. Unfortunately, I had to rearrange all of our other HDMI inputs in order to do this.
If you are reliant on HDMI switches/splitters, figure out if your switch is HDCP compatible before getting this incarnation of Roku.
Also, it is advertised that the Roku mobile app has a keyboard function - on my iOS, the the mobile remote control functions that I've tried work, with the exception of the mobile keyboard. Hopefully a Google search will yield a fix, but I would be even more satisfied if this keyboard feature worked right out of the box.
The remote control stopped working after a month. It's a good thing there is a mobile Roku app. Otherwise, we'd have to order a new remote.