Industrial Deals HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Save $20 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on July 13, 2015
Great affordable replacement
VINE VOICEon March 30, 2012
This is a very basic and original remote which likely came with the very first or second version of Roku models. It will work with any Roku boxes but has a large issue. Buttons include: Home, Direction pad, OK Button, Fast Forward, Rewind and Pause/Play. That's all, which is fine for some but the remotes are at least three versions removed from this one. The main issue being that it has no Back button which allows for you to quickly and easily get back and forth through menu items. Otherwise you have to press Home or search for the back or stop on the screen every time. It doesn't sound like a big deal but it really gets annoying. It's like the difference between a manual and an auto transmission in a car. Once you've driven the automatic you'll find it hard to believe you ever lived without it. The newer remotes have not only Back buttons but Instant Replay, Netflix and even motion controls on the game remote. In short, the saved money is not worth the effort. Splurge for the instant replay version as it's the same price as all the other newer types of Roku remotes.
22 comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 13, 2014
this is great it is very thick and dosnt shatter like the original remotes when droped i love it and it dosnt have extra buttons i dont need
on December 2, 2013
Works great!
on January 11, 2015
Good buy.
on April 21, 2012
I lost my original ROKU remote -- I devoted about 15 minutes of search before I started a search online and ordered this. It is a bare-bones remote but does what I want it to.
I don't need instant replay and I can deal with the clumsy Netflix interface. I dock one star for not
including the 2 "AAA" batteries it needs. When are manufacturers going to realize that by providing
another $.50 (at best, maybe) of product they are buying a tremendous amount of good will and customer satisfaction?
on March 30, 2013
This is exactly what I was looking for. I lost my Roku remote while moving and needed a quick replacement. This works great, no problems to report.
on April 2, 2012
Having lost the remote that came with my roku I bought this as it had prime shipping but did not look closely at what I was getting . I found that there is no back button on these if you look at the pic next to home button on some model there is a back button without this you have to go to the main menu so if you are watching a tv series on netflix and want to change epsiod you have to go back to the main menu then back into netflix to do this. I would say stick with the apple or android app if you can if you lose your remote this one is not worth it. It should also be noted that the instant replay remote is very hard to find going for 39 buck up and as of yet I have not found one cheap not even on the roku site .
on March 15, 2013
My remote stopped working and it was great that i was able to get replacement. it also arrived about 4 days ahead of schedule. Thanks.
on March 22, 2014
I was concerned that a copy might not be as good as the original but this one works fine. Arrived quickly.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question