BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Russell Dickerson PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 28, 2015
My foster dog ate the original remote from my Roku (he's also super cute, so he's forgiven), so I had to order a new one. This one works just fine, but I did like the original better; the channel buttons on the bottom of this one are fairly useless for me (I only use the Netflix one, don't really use Blockbuster or Amazon on the Roku and don't even know what MGo is). I really preferred the old one that had a Pandora button, since Netflix and Pandora are the two major things I use the Roku for. I guess they can't produce a remote that has the custom buttons everybody wants, since we all have different preferences, but disappointed that I couldn't order another of my original remote.
on June 16, 2014
This controller was bought because I lost the controller to my roku. I love this controller because I find it more responsive and even though it does not have an earbud jack aux input it wows with shortcut buttons i love having the ability to switch to netflix with one press and the design is small and sleek and is well worth the money
on September 1, 2016
Works great right out of the box. Has to replace the original remote due to my 8yr old dropping it 1 too many times. Only difference with new remote is you have to be pointing it directly at Roku box. The original remote would work even from another room.
on January 7, 2013
As the title says, there is no replay button on this remote.

I got this overpriced remote to replace a lost one for our original roku. (I used the iphone app roku remote for a while until we made sure the lost remote couldn't be found, but it was frustrating to not have a real remote.) This one is over priced at twenty bux (what I paid). I'm not sure if a generic universal remote could have been made to work with a roku, but you can get a basic one for like ten bux. The price a Roku 2 can be bought these days, this price is way too high for just 14 buttons.

The old remote that we lost had a button on it that had a replay symbol (a circled arrow) that when pressed bounced the video playback about 10 seconds back almost immediately. Perfect for when you miss something someone said. Now you have to press the left arrow, and then play, and there is a 5-10 second pause while it buffers before it begins again. Annoying. (#firstworldproblems)

When I received the remote in the mail I wondered if I was sent the wrong model, but even the sticker on the plastic wrapping indicated it was a "Replay Remote". False marketing.
on January 9, 2017
This control works just fine. Some had reported that it has a restricted usage over a limited direction. This does require a direct line of sight (LOS). Once you have determined the requisite LOS, this device works very well. I have had no issues with 7' range in my case. I would recommend this as a substitute for any failed Roku control. This applies to Roku 3.
on October 15, 2015
The only cool thing about this remote is the new buttons that take you straight to you different streaming choices (amazon, Netflix, ect). They took away the headphone jack which was a favorite feature on the old remote. This remote is HORRIBLE. More often than not, we have to attempt to "click" 10,20 times for the system to respond. The box has a hard time reading this remote. I will move all around, pointing at different levels, even walking just feet away from the box, yet it more than often does not read. This remote is SO frustrating! I might take a video of trying to use the remote to show how many attempts have to come before they system and remote connect.
on May 29, 2015
Works perfect on my Roku 3 box. I also read it works on all the Roku products EXCEPT the stick version. I like the new buttons at the bottom to get to Amazon Instant Prime and Netflix quickly. I don't subscribe to Blockbuster, but if they have shows that aren't on Amazon or Netflix, then that's cool too. Mgo is crap in my opinion because you have to buy everything you rent.

Amazon Prime instant video is about $7 bucks a month, Netflix is the same. I've been thinking of adding Hulu, again for the same price. So, between all three for about $21 a month to watch just about every TV show and movie around, IT IS worth cancelling your cable or dish provider that charges over $70 per month for basic service and watch what you want to watch COMMERCIAL FREE, and they usually have all the seasons and episodes. Cable and Dish companies never keep all seasons and episodes available. Usually, you only get the last few episodes to catch up on.

But I frequently find shows I haven't watched, then like them, so I want to start at the beginning and watch as the show progresses.

Either way, this remote only got 4 stars because my original remote came with ear buds. This remote has no place to plug in the ear buds. Really, how hard could that have been to incorporate in a replacement remote. After all, they do copy the remote in every way but that.

So, this is a cheaper option, with some limitations, and with some more robust features as well. All in all, I'm happy with it and would recommend it to others.
on August 28, 2017
If this were a "genuine" Roku remote, then it should have the same heft and weight as the original. t does not. It also is insensitive to touch controls. Some times the forward or backward, upward or downward buttons need to be held down or depressed a number of times before getting the desired response.
on July 30, 2014
This remote seems very finicky - we purchased it as a replacement when we misplaced the remote that came with our Roku 3. We did not have any issues with the original remote (and still don't now that we have found that one again), but this one only seems to work if you are standing within a few feet of the Roku 3 - and even then we frequently still have to push the buttons multiple times for the Roku to catch the signal. The Netflix & Amazon buttons are a nice addition when they work.

I am not sure if they are all like this or if we got a defective one, but our experience with this remote was very disappointing.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 10, 2013
There was some confusion with my order, the pictures and the description of the item didn’t match. The thumbnail picture showed the remote with the dedicated Netflix, Crackle, and Pandora buttons, but the main picture did not. The description said it had these dedicated buttons, and another reviewer mentioned the discrepancy but said the remote did, indeed, come with the dedicated buttons. However, when I received the item, it was the newer model with no dedicated buttons but with the replay feature. I contacted the seller immediately and must give them kudos for their customer service. When I sent an email questioning the items I received, the response was prompt, courteous and willing to do whatever I wanted to make me happy. They said they believed they still had some of the older model remotes in stock and would gladly change them out for me if that’s what I wanted. Since I prefer to buy the newest models so that my technology isn’t outdated and/or I have problems getting assistance with an older model, I kept the ones I ordered (I had ordered two since I have a dog that thinks remotes are her “bones”). So if the description and pictures haven’t been updated, just beware that you may not get a remote with the dedicated buttons and if that is really what you’re looking for, you may want to contact the seller before you purchase. But like I said, they respond promptly and are very courteous and helpful.

Overall, I am very happy with the remotes. I find I don’t miss the dedicated buttons as much as I thought as I primarily only used the Netflix button out the three anyway. I will say I don’t think the replay button jumps the video back quite far enough, I usually have to press it two or three times to get back to a place where I can catch what I missed, but it is more convenient than having to rewind back through whatever I’m watching if I just missed what somebody said.