Roku LT Streaming Player (New 2013 Version)
Streaming is more affordable than ever. The Roku LT has all the essentials you need to enjoy 1,800+ channels of movies, TV shows, music, sports, and more. With a free Roku app, one-stop search and channel shortcut buttons, the Roku LT delivers simply the best streaming value available anywhere.
- 1,800+ entertainment channels. Choose from the best selection and widest variety of streaming entertainment, including movies, TV shows, music, sports, news, and more.
- HD video quality. Streams up to 720p in high-definition.
- No hidden fees. Enjoy all the free stuff, like Pandora and Crackle, and access your own subscriptions, like Netflix and Hulu Plus.
- Quick and easy setup. Sets up wirelessly in minutes with just a few simple steps.
- Channel shortcut buttons. Jump straight to favorite channels such as Netflix and M-GO with the push of a button.
- One-stop search.* Find your favorite movies and shows in a flash from top channels like Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video, VUDU, and M-GO.
- Movies and TV shows, front and center. Instantly access the hottest blockbusters and hit TV shows, powered by M-GO, right from the home screen -- no extra account setup required.
- Free iOS and Android app. Transform your mobile device into a Roku remote. Browse and add new channels. Even use your phone or tablet to send your music, photos and personal videos** to your HDTV.
- Works with virtually any TV. Connects easily to HDTVs and standard definition TVs.
* One-stop search is for movies and TV shows and does not work with all channels. Premium subscriptions are required but are not included with purchase.
** Capability to share video available on iOS and select Android phones. See Roku.com for a list of devices that support this feature.
Get to the entertainment you want instantly
The Roku Channel Store has the largest selection of streaming channels available anywhere – with over 1,800 channels and more coming at a furious pace. Our on-screen interface lets you fly through screens, seamlessly search top channels and launch movies faster than ever before. Simply stream all your favorites, including:
- Over 200,000 movies and TV shows at your fingertips from Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video, HBO GO, M-GO, VUDU, Redbox Instant by Verizon and more
- Music from Spotify, Amazon Cloud Player, Pandora, MOG, Rdio, VEVO and TuneIn Radio
- Live sports packages including NBA League Pass Broadband, NHL GameCenter LIVE, MLS LIVE, UFCTV, and MLB.TV Premium
- Family entertainment from PBS and Disney
- Photo and video sharing via Facebook, Flickr, and Picasa
- Top news sources with MSNBC, Fox News, Huffington Post, CNBC and Wall Street Journal Live
Of course, there are also tons of channels featuring international and lifestyle programming, tech news, podcasts, cartoons, and… well, you get the idea.
Compare Roku models
* Roku 3 works with HDTVs with HDMI port. HDMI cable not included with Roku players.
**Availability of 1080p HD video limited by channel provider and speed of broadband connection.
It's ridiculously easy
From the simple remote to the intuitive interface, Roku LT was designed to set up in a few quick-and-easy steps. All you need to get started is a high-speed Internet connection (and a TV, of course). The built-in wireless and guided setup mean you can be up and running in minutes. And we bet you don’t even have to call your nerdy nephew for help.
Included with the Roku LT
- Standard remote with channel shortcut buttons
- Two AAA batteries
- A/V cable (red/white/yellow)
- Power adapter
- Get Started guide
- 90-day manufacturer warranty
What you need
- High-speed Internet (like DSL or cable)
- Wireless router
- HDMI cable (for high-definition video)
- Internet browser (for initial setup)
In general, the faster your Internet connection, the better the video quality. For the best viewing results, we recommend a minimum of 1.5 Mbps for standard definition and 3.0 Mbps for HD content. To test your network speed, visit either one of the following (free) websites: speakeasy.net/speedtest/ or www.speedtest.net. Please note that your Internet speed may vary throughout the day.
High-five your wallet. The Roku LT makes entertainment more affordable than ever with all the steaming essentials you need. Enjoy 1,800+ channels of movies, TV shows, music, sports, and more—most of them absolutely free. Access your existing subscriptions like Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Amazon Prime directly on your TV. And with included features like one-stop search, channel shortcut buttons, and the free Roku app, rest assured that all the streaming fun has just begun. The all-new Roku LT—simply the best streaming value there is.
Roku LT supports closed captioning on channels that support this feature, including Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, VUDU and Hulu Plus. Video output: 720p and 480p over HDMI. Audio output: digital over HDMI (7.1/5.1 channel surround sound pass-through and stereo). 12V -- .5A power adapter.
Want to learn more about streaming media players?
Our Streaming Media Player
storefront features educational articles, buying guides, comparison charts, and more.