|Item Weight||5 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||3.5 x 3.5 x 1 inches|
|Item model number||4200R|
|Batteries||2 AA batteries required. (included)|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Special Features||Amazing remote with headphone jack.|
Roku 3 Streaming Media Player (2014 model)
- Faster and more powerful With up to 1080p HD video and extended-range, dual band wireless performance for increased speed
- Amazing remote with headphone jack Use the included in ear headphones to crank up that late night flick while the kids (or parents) sleep All units manufactured after October 2014 include a remote control that features four quick access buttons providing one touch access to Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Rdio, and Hulu The particular unit you receive may or may not have these new quick access buttons
- One stop search Find your favorite movies and TV shows all from one place from top TV and Movie services like Netflix, Amazon Instant Video or Hulu Plus 2000+ channels and growing The best selection of streaming out there
- Free iOS and Android device app Use it like a remote Browse and add new channels Even stream your music and photos from your phone or tablet to your HDTV
- A Roku account is free However, payment information is required during setup to provide the convenience of making purchases from the Roku Channel Store on your TV You will only be charged if you choose to make a purchase
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
Roku Ultra | Streaming Media Player 4K/HD/HDR with Premium JBL Headphones 2019
Roku Express HD Streaming Media Player 2019
Roku Streaming Stick+ | HD/4K/HDR Streaming Device with Long-range Wireless and Voice Remote with TV Controls (updated for 2019)
Roku Premiere | HD/4K/HDR Streaming Media Player, Simple Remote and Premium HDMI Cable
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Connectivity Technology||Wi-Fi||Wi-Fi||Wi-Fi||Built-in Wi-Fi||Built-in Wi-Fi|
|Item Dimensions||3.50 x 3.50 x 1.00 inches||4.92 x 4.92 x 0.83 inches||1.50 x 0.80 x 2.80 inches||3.70 x 0.80 x 0.47 inches||3.30 x 1.40 x 0.70 inches|
|Item Weight||5.00 ounces||7.94 ounces||1.10 ounces||0.57 lbs||1.28 ounces|
|Supported Internet Services||Amazon Instant Video, Hulu Plus, Netflix, Pandora, YouTube||Netflix, Vudu, Pandora, Hulu||Apple TV, Prime Video, Netflix, The Roku Channel, HBO, Showtime and Google Play, Hulu with Live TV||Apple TV, Prime Video, Netflix, The Roku Channel, HBO, Showtime and Google Play, Hulu with Live TV||Amazon Instant Video, Netflix, YouTube, Vudu, Pandora|
|Total HDMI Ports||1||1||1||—||—|
|Total USB Ports||0||—||—||—||—|
Roku 3 Streaming Player 1080p HD plus enhanced remote with headphone jack
Faster and more powerful than ever. Enjoy 1,800+ channels of movies, TV shows, sports, and more. Plug headphones into the motion-control remote to play games or watch late-night flicks without disturbing the household. Fully loaded with one-stop search, 1080p, dual-band wireless, Ethernet, USB, plus a free Roku app. The Roku 3—the new streaming standard.
- 1,800+ entertainment channels. Choose from the best selection and widest variety of streaming entertainment, including movies, TV shows, music, sports, news, fitness, cooking, and more.
- Lightning fast and powerful. Experience ultra-smooth performance with a 5x faster processor and extended-range wireless.
- Remote with headphone jack for private listening. Use the included headphones and crank up the volume to enjoy a late-night flick without disturbing the household.
- Motion control for games. Enjoy action-packed games with a motion-control remote. Get the fun started with Angry Birds Space, included free.
- One-stop search.* Find your favorite movies and shows in a flash from top channels like Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video, VUDU, and M-GO.
- Free iOS and Android™ app. Transform your mobile device into a Roku remote. Browse and add new channels. Even use your phone or tablet to send your music, photos and personal videos** to your HDTV.
- All the bells and whistles. 1080p*** HD support, Ethernet and USB ports, and a microSD slot.
- Movies and TV shows, front and center. Instantly access the hottest blockbusters and hit TV shows, powered by M-GO, right from the home screen -- no extra account setup required.
* One-stop search is for movies and TV shows and does not work with all channels. Premium subscriptions are required but are not included with purchase.
** Capability to share video available on iOS and select Android phones. See Roku.com for a list of devices that support this feature.
***Availability of 1080p HD video limited by channel provider and speed of broadband connection.
Get to the entertainment you want instantly
The Roku Channel Store has the largest selection of streaming channels available anywhere – with over 1,800 channels and more coming at a furious pace. Our on-screen interface lets you fly through screens, seamlessly search top channels and launch movies faster than ever before.
- Watch a new movie a day. Every day. For 82 years. Roku has over 200,000 movies and TV episodes at your fingertips from Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video, HBO GO, M-GO, VUDU, Redbox Instant by Verizon and more
- With 49 news and weather channels from across the US and around the world, Roku is the best choice for news and weather channels. Top news sources include MSNBC, Fox News, Huffington Post, CNBC and WSJ
- Plus gets loads of other entertainment choices, including:
- Music from Spotify, Amazon Cloud Player, Pandora, MOG, Rdio, VEVO and TuneIn
- Live sports packages including NBA League Pass Broadband, NHL GameCenter LIVE, MLS LIVE, UFCTV, and MLB.TV Premium
- Family entertainment from PBS and Disney
- Photo and video sharing via Facebook, Flickr, and Picasa
Of course, there are also tons of channels featuring international and lifestyle programming, tech news, podcasts, cartoons, and… well, you get the idea.
Watch late-night flicks without disturbing the peace
When you need to keep the volume down but still get your TV fix, Roku 3 features an enhanced remote with built-in headphone jack. Just plug in the included in-ear headphones to enter your own private listening world. It's perfect for cranking up that late-night action movie without waking the spouse. Or kids. Or dog.
Gaming fun for the whole family
Need a break from the movies? With motion-sensing technology, the Roku 3 enhanced remote with game-ready buttons was designed for lightning-fast maneuvers and family-friendly fun. Hit games include Angry Birds Space, Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. Stay tuned – we're adding more games all the time.
Compare Roku models
| || |
Tiny stick. Big entertainment.
Works with virtually any TV.
Private listening headphone jack.
Fully loaded and lightning fast.
|TV compatibility|| |
Virtually any TV
Virtually any TV
|1,800+ entertainment channels|| || || || |
|Built-in wireless|| || || || |
|Roku Search across multiple top channels|| || || || |
|Plays up to 1080p HD video|| || || || |
|Control with included remote or mobile devices via the Roku app|| || || || |
|Send videos, photos and music stored locally on your smartphone to your TV via the Roku app|| || || || |
|Dual-band wireless|| || || || |
|Channel shortcut buttons to Netflix, Amazon Instant Video and more***|| || || || |
|Remote with headphone jack for private listening|| || || || |
|Cast to TV direct from the Netflix and YouTube apps|| || || || |
|Motion control for games (Angry Birds Space included)|| || || |
|Lightning fast with 5x faster processor|| |
|Ethernet, USB & microSD slot|| || || |
* Roku 3 works with HDTVs with HDMI port. HDMI cable not included with Roku players.
** Availability of 1080p HD video limited by channel provider and speed of broadband connection.
*** All units manufactured after October 2014 include a remote control that features four quick-access buttons providing one-touch access to Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Rdio, and Hulu.
It's ridiculously easy
From the simple remote to the intuitive interface, Roku 3 was designed to set up in a few quick-and-easy steps. All you need to get started is a high-speed Internet connection (and an HDTV, of course). The built-in wireless and guided setup mean you can be up and running in minutes. And we bet you don't even have to call your nerdy nephew for help.
Included with the Roku 3
- Enhanced remote* with headphone jack and motion control for games
- In-ear headphones
- Free Angry Birds Space game
- Two AA batteries
- Power adapter
- Get Started guide
- 90-day manufacturer warranty
*All units manufactured after October 2014 include a remote control that features four quick-access buttons providing one-touch access to Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Rdio, and Hulu.
What you need
- High-speed Internet (like DSL or cable)
- Wireless router
- HDMI cable (for high-definition video)
- Internet browser (for initial setup)
In general, the faster your Internet connection, the better the video quality. For the best viewing results, we recommend a minimum of 1.5 Mbps for standard definition and 3.0 Mbps for HD content. To test your network speed, visit either one of the following (free) websites: speakeasy.net/speedtest/ or www.speedtest.net. Please note that your Internet speed may vary throughout the day.
Revel in our fastest, most powerful streaming player yet. Fully loaded, the Roku 3 packs tons of entertainment into one tiny box. Enjoy 1,800+ channels of movies, TV shows, games, music, sports, and more. Plug headphones into the remote to watch late-night flicks without disturbing the household. Or use motion-control to play games like Angry Birds Space. And with one-stop search, find that perfect movie or show in a flash. 1080p HD, dual-band wireless, Ethernet and USB ports, plus free iOS and Android Roku apps so you can enjoy even more great features. The Roku 3—the new streaming standard for your HDTV.
Roku 3 supports closed captioning on channels that support this feature, including Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, VUDU and Hulu Plus. Video output: 1080p, 720p and 480p over HDMI. A USB port enables local media playback (supported formats include: MP4 (H.264) & MKV (H.264) video / AAC & MP3 audio / JPG & PNG image). Audio output: digital over HDMI (7.1/5.1 channel surround sound pass-through and stereo). 12V -- 1A power adapter.
Want to learn more about streaming media players? Our Streaming Media Player storefront features educational articles, buying guides, comparison charts, and more.
This Certified Refurbished product is manufacturer refurbished, shows limited or no wear, and includes all original accessories plus a 90-day warranty from Roku. Faster and more powerful. With up to 1080p HD video* and extended-range, dual-band wireless performance for increased speed Amazing remote with headphone jack. Use the included in-ear headphones to crank up that late-night flick while the kids (or parents) sleep All units manufactured after October 2014 include a remote control that features four quick-access buttons providing one-touch access to Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Rdio, and Hulu. The particular Certified Refurbished unit you receive may or may not have these new quick-access buttons A Roku account is free. However, payment information is required during setup to provide the convenience of making purchases from the Roku Channel Store on your TV. You will only be charged if you choose to make a purchase.
No Returns, No Refunds, All sales final. Exchanges only if for some reason device is defective. Once returned to us we would then issue a new one.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. I disconnected from the home theater receiver I had been using, and then connected directly to the TV. The Roku failed to send a signal to the TV.
2. I tried two different HDMI cables (those cables both function properly with other devices).
3. I connected the Roku to a different home theater receiver and TV. That did not work.
4. I connected the Roku directly to a different TV. That did not work either.
At that point, I gave up on troubleshooting, and I checked Roku's Support page. I found no help there.
I will never buy another Roku product. Instead, I will purchase another streaming device, probably a smart BD player. I'll start shopping for Sony units first, because I have always had success with Sony products. I have found several promising options on Amazon.
Update, July 15 2017: I bought a Samsung BD-J6300 3D Wi-Fi Blu-Ray Player on June 23, 2017. So far, so good. I had set up my original Samsung unit, a BD-F7500, in Dec. 2014. I have always used the original unit with my primary entertainment system. It is still functioning perfectly.
Note: Both of my Samsung BD players are Wi-Fi capable. However, I have them connected by cat 6 Ethernet cables running behind walls and through the attic.
I'm an electrical engineer, not just some guy on the internet, so I know what I'm talking about here. I measured the wifi signals in my living room looking at what SSIDs were available, what channel they were using, and the signal strength. Not everyone knows this, but your Roku creates it's own Wifi hotspot to communicate with the remote. I noticed this hotspot was operating on the same channel as my wifi, so I tried changing my wifi channel. The Roku switched channels to match my wifi. This indicated the problem: the Roku only has one wifi radio. Since it only has one radio, it emits a hotspot on the same channel as your wifi effectively jamming the signal. The signal strength from the Roku was pretty high, so that explained the jamming.
I've looked through their web site and their user forums, and so far I can't find a way to stop this. There was a post on the forum that said if you use a wired network connection instead of wifi on the Roku the hotspot switches to 5Ghz from 2.4Ghz; which should prevent jamming in most households. I don't have a wired connection option, at least not one I would perform just for the Roku.
As a loyal Roku fan, I am completely disappointed with this design decision. I'm not sure if the previous Rokus did this too, but I didn't have a problem until I bought the Roku 3.