|Item Weight||1 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||4.9 x 4.9 x 1 inches|
|Item model number||Roku Ultra 4660R|
|Batteries||2 AAA batteries required. (included)|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Number of Component Outputs||hdmi, usb, ethernet|
|Speaker Type||Single Speaker|
Other Sellers on Amazon
Roku Ultra | 4K/HDR/HD Streaming Player with Enhanced Remote (Voice, Remote Finder, Headphone Jack, TV Power and Volume), Ethernet, Micro SD and USB (2017)
Enhance your purchase
|Connectivity Technology||Built-in Wi-Fi|
|Supported Internet Services||Netflix, Vudu, Amazon Instant Video, Hulu Plus, YouTube|
|Controller Type||Voice Control|
|Model Name||Roku Ultra Media Player|
|Item Weight||1 Pounds|
|Video Output Resolution||1920x1080 Pixels|
About this item
- 2,000+ entertainment channels choose from the widest variety of streaming entertainment, including movies, TV shows, music, sports, news, and more
- Stunning HD video quality immerse yourself in the action with rich, vibrant video streaming up to 1080p HD
- Quick and easy setup sets up wirelessly in minutes with just a few simple steps
- Channel shortcut buttons jump straight to favorites with one push of the remote
- One stop search find your favorite movies and shows in a flash from top channels like Netflix, Hulu plus, amazon instant video, VUDU, and MGO
Customers also search
Compare with similar items
| || |
Roku Ultra | Streaming Media Player 4K/HD/HDR with Premium JBL Headphones 2019 (Renewed)
Roku Ultra 2022 4K/HDR/Dolby Vision Streaming Device and Roku Voice Remote Pro with Rechargeable Battery, Hands-Free Voice Controls, Lost Remote Finder, and Private Listening
Roku 4661RW Ultra Streaming Player, 2018 with JBL Headphones
Roku Ultra Streaming Media Player 4K/HD/HDR
Roku Ultra | HD/4K/HDR Streaming Media Player, 2018 (Renewed)
|Sold By||Aplus Service (next day shipping available)||MallStop||Amazon.com||Alpine Electronic's||Terrace Mall||MallStop|
|Connectivity Technology||Built-in Wi-Fi||Wi-Fi||Ethernet||Ethernet||Ethernet, USB, HDMI||Built-in Wi-Fi|
|Item Dimensions||4.9 x 4.9 x 1 inches||4.9 x 0.8 x 4.9 inches||5 x 4.9 x 1 inches||8 x 3 x 7 inches||4.9 x 4.9 x 0.8 inches||4.9 x 4.9 x 1 inches|
|Item Weight||1.00 lbs||7.90 ounces||5.90 ounces||1.35 lbs||0.50 lbs||7.84 ounces|
|Supported Internet Services||Amazon Instant Video, Vudu, Netflix, Hulu Plus, YouTube||Netflix, Vudu, Pandora, Hulu||hulu||sling_tv||hulu||Amazon Instant Video, Netflix, YouTube, Vudu, Pandora|
|Total HDMI Ports||1||1||1||—||—||—|
|Total USB Ports||1||—||—||—||—||—|
What's in the box
From the manufacturer
The ultimate streaming player. Brilliant 4K, HDR, and HD picture quality
Our ultimate streaming experience. The Roku Ultra is our most powerful player with our best wireless performance. Brilliant picture quality creates an immersive experience. Whether your TV is HD, 4K or HDR, Roku Ultra will optimize your content for the best picture resolution possible. Plus, get a voice remote with TV power and volume buttons, private listening, lost-remote finder, access to 500,000+ movies and TV episodes and more.
Power. Picture. Performance.
Roku Ultra delivers a smooth streaming experience with a powerful quad-core processor and dual-band wireless.
Get a connection that stands up to what you want to stream with dual-band wireless—or use the Ethernet port for wired streaming.
It’s got all the bells and whistles, including a voice remote with TV power and volume buttons. Plus, get headphones for private listening, lost remote finder, and night listening.
Clear, immersive picture quality.
Don’t just watch your favorite shows, be immersed in them. Whether you’re streaming in HD, 4K, or HDR, you’ll get picture quality that’s optimized for your TV with crisp details and rich color.
500,000+ movies and TV episodes
Movies. TV. Original series. Kids shows. News. Sports and more. Watch almost anything across thousands of free or paid channels available in a click.
The best free experience
From quick access to movies and TV at no charge on the home page, to hundreds of unpaid channels packed with Hollywood hits, live news and more, with Roku streaming players, there’s plenty to watch without spending extra.
Search across top channels
Search by title, actor, or director and get unbiased results across 1,000+ channels to see where you can stream your favorite shows.
The free Roku mobile app
Turn your iOS or Android device into the ultimate streaming companion. Control your Roku player, search with your keyboard, plus get features like: Private listening, voice search, and casting to TV.
|Roku Express||Roku Premiere||Roku Streaming Stick||Roku Streaming Stick+||Roku Ultra|
|Access to 500,000+ movies and TV episodes, with search across 1,000+ top channels||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Connect to TV via||HDMI (HDMI Cable included)||HDMI (Premium HDMI Cable included)||HDMI||HDMI (4K video via HDCP 2.2 HDMI)||HDMI (4K video via HDCP 2.2 HDMI)|
|Picture quality||Up to 1080p HD||1080p HD, 4K UHD, HDR10, HLG||Up to 1080p HD||1080p HD, 4K UHD, HDR10, HLG||1080p HD, 4K UHD, HDR10, HLG|
|Supported Audio||DTS Digital Surround, Dolby Audio and Dolby ATMOS pass through over HDMI; Digital stereo over HDMI||DTS Digital Surround, Dolby Audio and Dolby ATMOS pass through over HDMI; Digital stereo over HDMI||DTS Digital Surround, Dolby Audio and Dolby ATMOS pass through over HDMI; Digital stereo over HDMI||DTS Digital Surround, Dolby Audio and Dolby ATMOS pass through over HDMI; Digital stereo over HDMI||DTS Digital Surround, Dolby Audio and Dolby ATMOS pass through over HDMI; Digital stereo over HDMI|
|Voice remote with TV power and volume buttons||-||-||✓||✓||✓|
|Works with Alexa and the Google Assistant||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Internet connectivity||802.11 b/g/n||802.11 b/g/n||802.11ac dual-band MIMO||802.11ac dual-band MIMO||802.11ac dual-band MIMO, Ethernet 10/100|
|Advanced wireless receiver for up to 4X the range||-||-||-||✓||-|
|Premium JBL headphones, remote finder, gaming buttons, headphone jack, microSD/USB/Ethernet ports||-||-||-||-||✓|
|Free Roku mobile app with remote control, private listening and voice search||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
Our ultimate streaming experience. The next generation Roku Ultra is our most powerful player, with a quad core processor and our best wireless performance. A great choice for avid streamers and users of cable replacement services such as DirecTV NOW, Sling TV, and more. Whether your TV is 4K or HD, Roku Ultra will optimize your content for the best picture resolution possible. Experience the visual rush of crisp details and rich HDR color. Plus, the Roku Ultra is fully loaded with features you’ll love. Our new voice remote lets you easily control your TV with buttons for TV power and volume. Headphones let you listen in private. And no more tearing the family room apart with our lost remote finder. Plus, enjoy 500,000 Plus movies and TV episodes, including blockbusters, award winning original series, kids’ shows, live network TV, and more across thousands of free or paid channels like Netflix, Amazon Video, HBO NOW, and PBS KIDS.
Reviewed in the United States on September 20, 2018
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
SETUP: The ROKU Ultra is capable of working with either a wireless home network, or can be connected using a wired connection to your home router. There's an advantage with using a wired connection because you don't have to be concerned with potential reception or dead areas and bandwidth/speed issues as you might with a wireless connection. Of course, with a wired connection you do need to have an accessible Ethernet port on your router, or an available port on an Ethernet Hub that is connected to your router.
Following the instruction provided were straightforward and simple. Just one point: You do need to have access to a computer because you'll need to access a website (link provided in the instructions) to activate your ROKU and create a ROKU account (if you don't already have one). After activating your device and logging in to your account if your device displays a message saying it can't access the Channels Store dont' panic, go to the System menu and select Restart to reboot you device. After that you should be OK.
Since I have cable service I was able to select the cable provider's App from the Home screen to install onto my ROKU. After installing the app I was able to access my cable service as if I was using the cable providers box - which I was not. So not only is the ROKU great for expanding your selections of completely free movies and shows, it can replace the cable providers box if your cable provider offers an App for the ROKU.
REMOTE CONTROL: The Roku ULTRA comes with a voice operated remote. I tested this with a number of channels and services and it works rather well, though it's not 100% perfect.
The remote is capable of controlling the volume on the TV used with the ROKU (the TV is detected during setup of the ROKU). The complaints I have with the remote are 1) There's no MUTE button - to kill the volume you have to use the volume adjust, 2) there are only two auxiliary buttons, labeled A and B, that you can use to pre-program to select two of your favorite channels, and 3) there's no number pad as there is on most TV remotes to allow you to directly dial-in a particular channel (other than using the two A and B buttons). In order to change a channel with the ROKU remote, you press the left-arrow and it will display a channel guide, for example, if you're connected to a cable service, or take you "back" to a previous screen. There's also a Home button that takes you all the way back to the main screen which is faster then continually pressing the back arrow. These are admittedly a minor issue, but the remote would be even better if they were addressed. What I do find a more major omission and annoyance is the lack of a MUTE button because I am constantly muting my TV with the endless barrage of commercials, so I wind up reaching for my TV's remote to press the MUTE button.
QUALITY OF STREAMING IMAGE: My main TV is a 4K LG 70" model and I could not see any difference between a direct connection using my cable providers box (even though cable uses a compressed signal) and getting the same channels via the ROKU. HD content looked excellent. Though the ROKU Ultra can stream 4K content I haven't tried that so I can't comment on the quality.
PROS: Great video quality, easy to set up and operate, expands your program selections, many of which are totally free. If your cable provider offers an app for the ROKU it could be a cable box replacement. Makes a dumb TV a scholar. Excellent for cord-cutters.
CONS: Remote has no MUTE button, has only two buttons for direct programming, has no number keypad.
OVERALL: I would most definitely recommend the ROKU Ultra to anyone, even if they have cable service, and especially if they have Spectrum Cable service which provides an app for the ROKU and which can save you some bucks on monthly rental of the cable box. And if you don't have a "Smart" TV, run out and get the ROKU because it will turn your Dumb TV into a Yale graduate.
I like the ROKU Ultra so much I am considering purchasing them for my other TVs. It's really that good.
And If you're looking to cut-the-cord, the ROKU is definitely an option that will make the task easier.
- When they work, they work great. The Tampa unit drives 4K HDR content very well. Louisville's 1080p content also looks fine. Despite the expected pauses when switching between Roku "channels" or switching between YouTube TV's "channels," consistently good image quality with little to no buffering (to be expected with our DL speeds and hard-wired connections).
1) The Tampa Ultra driving the 4K HDR TV periodically - but consistently - displays the dreaded "HDCP Error Detected" and becomes unusable. As others have found, cycling the power on that Ultra always fixes this...for as long as a 2- or 3-day period, until the next Error. I've been able to reduce the frequency of the error from daily to every 2-3 days by inserting the highest-rated high-speed short HDMI cable found on Amazon; the problem is mitigated but not eliminated. By comparison, this Error has not yet occured on the Louisville Ultra driving the 1080p TV. I think it's worth noting here that, while the Ultra remote control's Power button does turn on/off the TV (which is great), it does NOT power on/off the Ultra, itself, which remains powered up. I suspect that if the remote powered up/down the Ultra along with the TV, I would rarely or never see the Error.
2) The Roku YouTube TV "channel" (app) works as advertised with one glaring exception: it is not possible to change one's "home" media market area within the Roku app, nor outside the Roku app. In our case, once we had set our home media market to Tampa, we see Tampa local news when we are in Louisville and we cannot change it. Within the Roku app, when you try to change your "Home area" in "Settings," you get this message: "To change your home area, contact support by visiting [a support page] on a computer." Nothing at this support page allows one to change the home area. By contrast, it is trivially easy to change our local media market area when viewing YouTube TV via a web browser on our laptops, so this limitation is within the Roku app and not Youtube TV itself.
From what I hear the Apple is actually the nicest for those within the Apple community, but I am not an apple fan. It has less ads and honestly very nice, but it's not worth getting the cheap model without 10/100 connection because it doesn't work with smart home devices. For $20 extra dollars, worth future proofing.
Top reviews from other countries
- Para algunos servicios donde tienes suscripción pagada Roku Ultra es de lo mejor que existe (Netflix, Prime Video, Claro Video, etc.), cero lag, cero freeze en tu pantalla si tu conexión es estable y mayor a 10Mbps [para ver 4K al menos se requieren 20Mbps y no compartir tu ancho de banda con otros dispositivos en el momento que uses el Roku].
- Para servicios gratuitos como Youtube y similares es muy bueno también [DW, NHK, France 24, RT, Reuters, Red Bull NASA, SLOW-TV y algunos otros canales gratuitos funcionan perfectamente].
- El contenido gratuito y los "canales gratuitos exclusivos" para México, que en realidad son apps, son lastimeramente mediocres.
- No puedes contar con servicios gratuitos de programación o películas como "The Roku Channel" ni "Pluto TV", tampoco puedes contar con servicios pagos como HBO GO, ni FOX online, ni YoutubeTV, ni Prime Music, aunque tengas suscripción pagada, ya que esos "canales" no se pueden instalar estando en México. [Sólo puedes ver HBO y FOX a través de Claro Video, por un precio extra al mes] Agradezcan que estas apps no se pueden instalar por culpa de Cablevi*** y telerisa.
- Lo compré sólo porque funciona bien con PLEX (pago), y más o menos decente como dispositivo reproductor de streaming.
- Como lector en entorno DNLA, PnP también es suficiente. Para escuchar radio por internet y ver contenido desde los USB del Roku o de tu modem o desde tu disco NAS, Roku no es de lo mejor pero es suficiente.
- Otro punto muy en contra, la función de comando por voz, no está disponible en México, así que su "control remoto mejorado con comando de voz", pierde totalmente su característica más cómoda. [Aunque el auricular en el control remoto para escuchar el Roku en privado es de calidad muy aceptable].
- En resumen, en México puede ser mejor adquirir un modelo Roku más bajo, como el stick o el premiere, o esperar a que este modelo "Ultra" tenga alguna oferta.
Nota extra: a tener muy en consideración, con el primer Roku que compré tuve problemas con el servicio técnico autorizado en México, y con el servicio técnico online (email y teléfono), las personas que atienden no tienen la menor idea de cómo funciona Roku, además de que tardan demasiado en contestar y cuando dicen que "van a escalar el problema" es lo último que escucharán de ellos (llevo meses esperando una respuesta), ahora ignoran toda comunicación [comencé un caso en PROFECO por ello], así que como consejo, si compran un Roku en cuanto lo reciban revisen su funcionamiento minuciosamente, y si notan algo mal devuélvanlo de inmediato, ya que el servicio técnico en México prácticamente es inexistente.
Dislike: 1) For Amazon Prime member, be warned that Amazon Prime Video is not available in Canadian Roku channel as of this review. 2) Local video playback formats are quite limited as well. So you will need to convert whatever video files you have to those supported format in order to playback on Roku. 3) While watching Youtube, the "HDCP Unauthorized" error message shows up twice in my last 5 days of use. I know my HDMI cable is perfectly fine because as soon as I restarted Roku by unplugging the power, everything works fine again. 4) The power on/off button on Roku remote control is for turning on/off the TV only. Roku Ultra is designed to always stay on. Bad news for those who don't have unlimited Internet plan, because even if you turn off your TV in the middle of streaming (news channel for example) by using the "power off" button on your Roku remote control, your Roku will stay on and keep on streaming. 5) The Roku interface... I just hate it. Endless looping, ultra low resolution...
It's a solid product, but not my cup of tea. Sorry Roku Ultra.