Roland F-120-WH Digital Piano
- SuperNATURAL Piano engine onboard. Ivory Feel-G keyboard for true piano feel and touch
- Metronome, recorder, and Twin Piano features for lessons or side-by-side performance. Environment friendly; low power consumption and Auto Off function
- Two classy finishes: Satin Black and White
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
SuperNATURAL Piano in a Contemporary Cabinet: The stylish F-120 is an ideal choice for piano lovers who want authentic sound and touch in a space-saving, contemporary cabinet, and at an affordable price. Roland's acclaimed SuperNATURAL Piano engine is onboard, providing the ultimate piano sound and response, and the Ivory Feel-G keyboard offers a supreme touch that looks and feels like a true grand. The F-120's minimalist aesthetic design will blend into any home interior, both classic and contemporary.
Top Customer Reviews
The action feels very realistic to my touch. The Privia was probably easier to play with its light keys and long action, but the F-120 feels much closer to my acoustic grand, which makes transitioning between the two easier. The keys feel a little sluggish to bounce back, but nothing bad enough to hamper the playing experience. The piano feels rock solid on its integrated stand.
I think the piano sounds are very realistic sounding. I feel like the lower notes might be excessively dominant over the speakers, but that effect is less prominent listening through headphones. The onboard speakers are generally quite good, and will fill a small to medium room without the need for supplemental speakers. The sound gets a little noisy at the loudest volume, but not bad, and certainly still very enjoyable to listen too. While professionals seem to have very developed opinions about the additional sounds (organs, strings etc.) they sound good to me, and it's good fun to, for instance, control an a-capella chorus with the keyboard.
The piano looks quite beautiful with it's clean lines and integrated approach. It really looks like a piece of modern furniture and blends in nicely and quietly against a white wall. It's certainly a vast improvement over a chunky board sitting on an ugly x-stand. The built-in headphone hanger, cord organizer, slide up cover, and built in sheet music stand keep everything compact and clean.
- Lack of portability: The keyboard is screwed into the stand, so you can't easily travel or gig with the board. Additionally there are no wheels or other way to easily move it around. It's meant to sit in one place (though it's light enough to move without help if you need to).
- Unintuitive user interface - Like many basic digital pianos, there are few buttons on the board. While this makes for a clean, uncluttered design, most functions are activated by holding one button and tapping another, which you'd have no way of knowing unless you look it up in the manual. I guess this isn't the worst thing in the world if you keep the instructions in a handy place, but it's kind of annoying.
The only reason I didn't give 5 star is because the highs and lows are not as close to grand piano sounds
The customizations are plentiful, from controlling the brightness to the reverberation. Comes with 4 types of Grand piano settings, but I like GP1 and GP3 the best. It was a bit of a task to assemble, but it was straightforward. The speakers are good quality, and volume can get pretty loud, even at medium volume.