BOSS Amplifier Foot Controller (GA-FC)
- Switch instantly between four channels and two routes of loops, reverbs, boost settings, etc.
- Simultaneously connect two expression pedals* for realtime control of volume and drive
- * EV-5, FV-500L, and FV-500H are available as optional expression pedals for the GA-FC
- Compatible products: Blues Cube Artist, Blues Cube Artist212, Blues Cube Tour, CUBE-80GX, CUBE-40GX, GA-212, GA-112, KATANA-100/212, KATANA-100, KATANA-HEAD, Acoustic Singer Pro, Acoustic Singer Live, Nextone Artist, Nextone Stage, WAZA Tube Amp Expander
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
GA Foot Controller
FLOOR CONTROL FOR ROLAND AND BOSS AMPS
If you want to keep your hands on your axe at all times, the GA-FC Foot Controller lets you drive Roland and BOSS amps from the floor. Switch instantly between four channels and two routes of loops, reverbs, boost settings, etc. It also allows for expansion as well: simultaneously connect two expression pedals* for realtime control of volume and drive.
* Roland EV-5, BOSS EF-30, BOSS FV-500L, and BOSS FV-500H are available as optional expression pedals for the GA-FC.
- BOSS Katana series (including MkII models): Katana-100, Katana-100/212, Katana-HEAD, Katana-ARTIST
- Roland Blues Cube series: Blues Cube Artist, Blues Cube Artist212, Blues Cube Tour
- BOSS Acoustic Singer Live and Acoustic Singer Pro
- BOSS Nextone Stage and Nextone Artist
- BOSS WAZA Tube Amp Expander
If you want to keep your hands on your axe at all times, the GA-FC Foot Controller lets you drive Roland and BOSS amps from the floor. It allows for expansion as well: plug in optional expression pedals etc.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Have been included with the Katana. Yes other modelers are similar in that you gave to purchase the foot controller separate but if you look at what Peavey sells for its Vypyr series amps the board has a ton of functionality compared to this thing. In my opinion I feel like I just paid for the rest of my Katana.
The Katana is an amazingly well designed amp. Rather than focusing on "bells and whistles" (it could use a few more of those, actually) they built an amp that sounds GREAT in the "real world." I put it in quotes for the benefit of amp manufacturers, many of whom do not live there, but instead build amps to sound good in music stores, which are far, far away from the "real world."
But I am reminded of Katana's greatest shortcoming every time I look at the GA-FC. The amp has so much more under the hood than can be accessed by this very basic little pedal. I bought the pedal because it gives me quick access to the four preset channels (called LiveSets by Boss, and disregard the panel settings) and the panel, which does represent panel settings. Tap a button and you can then turn effects on and off within each of the 5 preset options. So it does a lot, for what it is.
You can create presets from the panel, but to really tweak them requires a computer and USB cable. Nothing for IOS or Android as far as I know, and I don't see it coming unless someone comes up with a hack.
Conclusion - they do a LOT with a bare bones GA-FC pedal, and it is essential for Katana owners who take the amp out and plan to use the amp's channels. But you would do fine with the panel setting and your own effects pedals.
You can either select channels or cycle the effects and the fx loop, which makes for a great tool to have.
Coupled with an expression and volume pedal and you have a great set up to get everything out of your amp.
Cheers to boss for making a great product!