Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Roland Micro Cube Guitar Amp - Black
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Benjamin Leftwich Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

Color: black|Change
Price:$149.00+ Free shipping

on April 16, 2008
I don't usually write reviews unless I am pretty impressed with a product. This amp is great. It is small and has a really great sound. It is great for a portable practice session anywhere. Pretty loud for 5 watts. Not enough to jam with drums of course. I bought one so I don't have to power up my Mesa. I would compare the rectifier setting on this amp to Pantera distortion. The clean tone sounds great for solid state. I even plug my electric acoustic into it for some extra volume. It has a lot of effects like delay, flange, reverb etc. You can choose one effect at a time and use them with clean or distortion. The battery option is great so you could take it to the beach. Buy one, you won't be disappointed.
on November 25, 2005
I've had the Cube for 2 and a half months now. It offers a wide range of effects, sufficient amplification for home practice, and...a wide of effects. The effects are really what this product is all about. What it lacks in power, it punches you in the face with various sound distortions. Acoustic, Heavy Metal, all these sounds are packed into this Cube.

Best of all, it's small and portable! Like the vast majority, I am constrained by budget (who isn't! :P). While no professional guitarist needs this, I consider it a good buy for most of us part-timers.
VINE VOICEon November 3, 2008
I bought this as a practice amp for its small size, ability to run on battery power, and headphone jack. It's met those needs and exceeded my expectations in several more areas.

The amp simulations the Micro Cube provides are, well let's just say they're vaguely reminiscent of the amps they are trying to emulate. The sounds still differ from one another enough to be useful, though, and this little box can pump out some serious (digital) distortion. It's also fairly loud. Like the Pignose and other small amps, you can also mic this amp and get some really suprising results. Using the headphone jack as a line out will obviously yield pretty much the same result you're hearing through the speaker, as the sound is entirely digital.

Effects aren't too bad. Trem is pretty good, reverb a notch behind, and I'd stay light on the Cube's flanger and chorus. Forget the "digital tuning fork" - it's just a button that generates a tone to tune to. Any kind of separate tuner is far more useful.

Batteries seem to last forever with this thing. I'm amazed at the battery life, to be honest.

Small, rugged, very usable as a practice amp, for street playing, recording experimentation, etc. Good stuff.
on February 21, 2011
I play primarily blues and was initially looking at tube amps like the Blues Jr and Classic 50. However one of my requirements was the ability to play late at night after the kids are sleeping. This amp is perfect for that, since it sounds great quiet and even through headphones. I was pleasantly surprised at how rich the sound is through the speaker at medium volume as well. The ability to play on batteries is a bonus. As long as you don't expect to use this in full band gig situations, this amp is great. It is now the only amp I play at home and sounds better than amps I've played that are 3x the size/watts. My favorite amp models are JC Clean, Black Panel, and R-Fier. The other two are kind of thin and tinny (at least on my strat). The effects are nice when you want to travel light without pedals. It actually records decent off of the headphone jack as well. Best $100 I've ever spent on guitar equipment - hands down!
on October 21, 2008
I heard my brother playing his acoustic on a Roland Micro-cube and knew I had to have one .. the sound was so clean and rich without any of the fuzzy airy sound around the tone you sometimes hear from small cheap speakers. I've had mine for over a year and love the tone I get on my acoustic using the JC Clean setting with light effects. It also runs forever on just 6 AA batteries. Amazing. Last night, I used my cube and acoustic to accompany a 13-voice a capella chamber group I direct. The cube was placed on top of the fireplace mantle in the room where we performed, about 4 feet high. One of my singers accidentally caught his foot in my guitar chord and the cube did a free fall onto the bricks below and landed with a solid, sickening thud. I thought it would be in a few pieces when I picked it up, but nothing had broken off and it was still in one piece. So I put it back on the mantle, adjusted some of the dial settings and turned it on. Surprise! It sounded fine and we were all astonished. This is one tough little amp. I am so impressed at how solidly it is made but don't try this at home!
on August 4, 2008
The selections as far as "amp modeling" are outstanding. The effects are OK, but the overall sound you get is awesome. It is only a 2-watt amp, but don't pay too much attention to that; it is LOUD. Not a "gig' amp, but perfect for recording and practicing without real drums. Everyone I show it to is just as blown away as I am. I have also hooked it up to larger amps and a PA system, and this thing really works well. Worth every penny, and then some.
on February 13, 2013
I like to sit on my couch and play guitar with this amp tilted against the wall, aimed straight at my face. From reverby integrity-rock to developmentally challenged death-chug, this amp can do it all. If you're stuck in that lonely valley between either playing through that loud tube amp you bought and gigged like twice, or playing through rock-stifling headphones, the Cube will put a smile on your face. And when you're finally ready to let the public at-large know you've mastered "Sharp-Dressed Man," it runs on AA batteries, so you can set up shop at the farmer's market and let these fools know you got the blues something terrible.
on January 2, 2013
If you guys look for a compact, lightweight, battery operated PA for electric guitars or steel string guitars. This is it. But if you guys play classical nylon string guitars. This is definitely not. You should go for the Roland mobile cubes instead. The sound from micro cubes is sharp, bright and very much tailored for steel strings. The sound for Mobile cubes is warm, rich and not too much color for nylon strings guitar, thus it retains the cozy warm sound of classical guitars. Besides, the mobile cubes is much louder, much lighter, much smaller and stereo (if you don't count for the 50T more costly than the micro cubes.
It took me an hour and a half to test both of them thougroughly.
on November 12, 2010
Plain and simple WOW!!!
This amp is really good for people who are just starting out and need a decent, affordable and quality amplifier.
It is small, light in weight, can fit your luggage easily when travelling( which I do a lot of), but above all,
IT CAN PERFORM!!!!

You can adjust it to your liking, choosing from variety of options;
No matter what style you want to play, chances are, that after you got to know your MicroCube better,
you will be able to set it up just the way you want.
It works on batteries as well!!(batteries not included)
Of course, it comes with a power cord and a carry strap.

I would recommend it to anyone that needs a small practice amp.
on June 15, 2011
There are several types of practice amps. High end modlers (Line 6, G Dec, Vox VT) that can still run $400+ and are typically overloaded with features. The low end tubes (Fender Blues Junior, Bug V22, Peavey Valveking, etc). These typically are more stripped down (in features, not neccessarily quality). And then there are the micros. I always thought they were just a notch above toys, the sort of amps found in a prepackaged guitar set up from Wally World at Christmas.

Boy was I wrong...

I needed a portable amp for my son to take to and from practice after school. It was important to me that he could schlepp his own gear. He's not a big kid, so even 15lb. amps are pushing it(plus a gig bag and school back pack). That was initially what brought me to the Micro. Not sound or features, just the smallest possible amp for my little virtuoso. Turns out this is an AMAZING amp. The tone destroys the Line 6 and the features crush the Vox Pathfinder (6watt?) or Bug V12. And the Fender frontman - not even in the ballpark.

Each of the models are distinct. The cleans are sparkly (more trebly) and the high gain models are very articulate. Obviously this isn't a loud amp, but that's not all bad. You can get everything this amp has to offer at reasonable volumes. It also can be battery powered (the life is suprisingly long), includes a regular wall plug, headphone jack, built in tuning fork (which is kind of lame) and a series of onboard effects that can be run simultaneously. For example, I was able to crank up the delay and tremelo and pull off some Dick Dale surpher licks with suprising accuracy.

Don't let the size fool you. I honestly thought it was nothing more than a toy and I couldn't have been more wrong. There are several big websites and it's tough to find any negatives about this amp. Quality sounding and durable for a great price.

Oh - and the red - if you can find it - looks pretty sweet too.